Sending Sonus round the world.

Moderator: koi

Sending Sonus round the world.

Postby chapitalist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I need to get my Sonus Faber Guarneri + stands sent 6500 miles back to UK but don't have the original crates :(

Any suggestions for suitable materials or local firms that could fabricate a new set of crates much appreciated!

Thanks

Nick
chapitalist
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Sending Sonus round the world.

Postby qguy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:22 pm

your shipper should be able to help you in that area, I guess the crates are not difficult to make, do you still have the original boxed and foam ?

chapitalist wrote:Hi All,

I need to get my Sonus Faber Guarneri + stands sent 6500 miles back to UK but don't have the original crates :(

Any suggestions for suitable materials or local firms that could fabricate a new set of crates much appreciated!

Thanks

Nick
qguy
Master
Master

Postby Gau_Ban » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Chapitalist,

I haven't deal with this guy so I don't know how reliable he is. The pine wood used for shipping crates is called "palochina" locally.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2474395/CRATE%3A+WE+ASSEMBLE+CRATES+MADE+OF+PALOCHINA+WOODS+etc.

HTH,

GB
Gau_Ban
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Gau_Ban wrote:Chapitalist,

I haven't deal with this guy so I don't know how reliable he is. The pine wood used for shipping crates is called "palochina" locally.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2474395/CRATE%3A+WE+ASSEMBLE+CRATES+MADE+OF+PALOCHINA+WOODS+etc.

HTH,

GB

Check if the UK has fumigation requirements for pine or any other soft wood before shipping, many countries require soft wood to be fumigated and certified.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Return to >> Sonus Faber Speakers <<