Sonus Faber Signum

Moderator: koi

Sonus Faber Signum

Postby endrik35 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 am

Bought this speakers from Audie(Botching) early this year and this purchase was probably the most SULIT purchase I ever made. Kahit nadinig ko yung Devore and Amati speakers during the recent h-ifi show and drooled at them, soundwise, I don't feel any inkling to upgrade my speakers at the moment. Signums were designed by Franco Serblin, the founder of SF. Being bookshelve's, I crave for a tad more bass and a few years back, Cal(Ctjader) taught me how to modify your speaker stands and the end result is to convert or sway you into believing that what you hear is a floorstander and not a bookshelf. What I got from this cheap tweak are tighter bass, more detailed mids and slight taming of the highs. It may or may not work for your system, improvement is really subjective but for the measly cost of 100 php or less, there's no harm in trying. So last Saturday, I went to National bookstore and bought myself 2 plys of styrofoam pads and 2 large sheets of brown felt paper. and here is the finished product. . .

*I did this mod to my NHT SB3 speakers before using a cork board painted flat black and I also got the same result! ;)*
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Sonus Faber Signum

Postby real top » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:39 am

Endrik, I love and heard that signum SF before and I was really impressed. I believed that speaker you bought from botching is the same speaker that I heard and saw. Mint and perfect condition., congrats!! :)
real top
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby koi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Endrik,

You have a pair of one of SF classic and I know that you very much enjoy listening to them. When you decide to try SF's newer models, suggest that you still don't let go of your Signums because they are for keeps really. ;)
koi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby botching » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Bro,
Nice to hear that your enjoying the Signums :D
An upgrade will be to get the newer series from Koi!
In case na masawa ka na sa Signums, just remember the buy back option - I'm just a pm away ;)

Regards
botching
Citizen
Citizen

Postby endrik35 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks Sir Bert sa advice. Rest assured na oras na yumaman ako like doc PHILPATH, makakabili din ako amati futura. :-) actualy,tinabi ko b&w 801 ko which is another classic speaker in favor of the signums. Audie,uwi ka december at kitakits naman tayo. A few friends of mine prefer the signums sound over the focus audio 688 so I think I'll keep this babies for a long long time! ;)
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby philpath » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 am

When will the upgrade itch strike again? We await the upgrade of the Sonus Faber Signums!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

Return to >> Sonus Faber Speakers <<