EAR Yoshino by Tim de Paravicini

Moderator: redline_xp

EAR Yoshino by Tim de Paravicini

Postby redline_xp » Sun May 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Coming This June....

EAR 868 Preamplifier with Phono (direct descendant of the EAR 912!)

Image Image

How do you get $14,500 of performance for only $7,600?

Enter the EAR 868 full function preamp ($5,700 - line stage only) that is a direct descendent of the EAR 912! You'll get the same circuits, virtually identical sound minus a few features, meters and elaborate casework. Keep in mind the 912 has been reviewed well ahead - See Below.

TESTIMONIALS

hfw5worlds120_120_01
Awarded 5/5 Globes - Hi-Fi World, 2009

"The new 868 is a great preamp package. With a lively sense of clarity and the usual extra sense of spaciousness to the sound valves bring, it injects life into any system... Dazzling transients, delicious intricacy and a superb phono stage... Super fast and vividly clean sounding valve preamplifier with fine phono stage. Superb! - Noel Keywood, Hi-Fi World, March 2009 (http://www.ear-yoshino.com/hifimag.pdf)

"I compared this British wonder (the 912) to its top American counterpart,. They share only one attribute ...quiet black backgrounds. Otherwise, the E.A.R. was consistently more detailed, bold, and lifelike. The E.A.R. soundstaging was bigger and deeper (lots deeper), while imaging was decidedly more solid and richly focused... The E.A.R. 912 Professional Tube Control Centre will take its place as my reference preamp against which all others will be judged. With a flexibility second to none and musical performance unmatched in my experience as a reviewer, you must consider the 912 as a contender for that first position on your audiophile shopping list. With a superb sounding, fully featured phono stage, you will need one less box on the rack. As the top preamp for quiet, black backgrounds coupled with spot on musicality and realism, you get the complete and fully evolved package. I would buy this before the British pound gets more expensive! The E.A.R. 912 Professional Tube Control Centre is the state of the art in preamp design and performance. What more can one ask for? Tim de Paravicini hits a home run, yet again. Tim, please don't ever stop!"
- Robert H. Levi, Positive Feedback Online, Issue 31 (read the review: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue31/ear912.htm)

"The EAR 912 tended toward a big sound: a wide, deep soundfield that always seemed capable of sounding even bigger when the need arose, with stereo imaging that sounded more real to me than the overly precise sound I associate with the high-end audio salon experience......This product taught me something about my records and the other components in my system, and I enjoyed every minute I spent with it. The EAR 912 isn't cheap, but it's a Class A preamplifier in every sense, and an heirloom-quality instrument that represents the apex of both build quality and design ingenuity."
- Art Dudley, Stereophile (read the review: http://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/ ... index.html)

Soundstage May 2010 Review : http://www.soundstage.com/equipment/ear_868.htm

TECHNICAL

The EAR 868 is very similar to the 864 on the outside. However important changes have been made to improve the performance. The tubes are now PCC88 for the linestage and the phono section, which are reliable, robust and have a long life. The on/off switch is now encircled with an orange light and a remote control is standard. The 868 is a fully balanced, transformer-coupled design with balanced and single-ended connections at input and output. It also offers a tape loop, remote control of volume, and several load/gain selections for the optional phono stage.

SPECIFICATIONS

* Tube complement - with optional phono stage: 4 x PCC88
* Phono inputs: 1 MM, 1MC (optional)
* Line inputs: 2 balanced, 3 unbalanced
* Tape loops: 1
* Outputs: 1 balanced, 1 unbalanced
* Phono input impedances: 47k ohms, moving-magnet; 3, 6, 12, or 40 ohms, moving-coil
* Output impedance: 600 ohms
* Line-stage gain: 17dB
* Phono-stage gain: 50-80dB
* Signal/noise ratio: 68dB phono (ref. 2.4mV), 90dB line (ref. 1V)
* Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz, -0.3dB
* Distortion: <0.1% at 1kHz, 3V output
* Size W 15" D 12" H 5"

EAR 890 Power Amplifier 70WPC

"Caught myself scheming to buy" - A. Dudley, Stereophile

"It's the best tube amp I have listened to in my system!" - R. Levi, Positive Feedback

Testimonials

"It's the best tube amp I have listened to in my system! It is cost effective, powerful, maximally tuneful, user friendly, and you need only one chassis. It has new-think incorporated within its KT90 tube choice, and it's seductively musical. It works with inefficient, 4-ohm speakers like the Eidolons, and will probably power anything on the planet, from horns to electrostats to multi-driver designs, with musical authority. Plus, any normal audiophile can lift it without dastardly results. I not only recommend it, I'm buying the review sample to prove to my Positive Feedback friends that I stand behind my reviews! I highly recommend the E.A.R. 890 amplifier. It is class A+ in my audiophile domain, and my new tube reference."
- Robert H. Levi, Positive Feedback Online

"All in all, this is a great amplifier! It is extremely easy to set up and sounds good with little or no tweaking. It is about enjoying the music and not a finicky or touchy piece of gear. It is very cohesive and the tonality is excellent and very well integrated from highs to lows... Resolution and detail are excellent and they are presented in a relaxed, smooth manner. This EAR will not likely make "detail above all" types happy. The detail and nuances are there; they're not thrown at you, but are, more appropriately, part of the music's tapestry. Sound staging and imaging are terrific."
- http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/e ... ear890.htm

"Then there are such products as the grand-looking 890 amplifier from Esoteric Audio Research, which had nothing of the obvious about it during its stay in my home. Voices didn't pop out. Groove noise didn't vanish. Textures were neither smoothed-over nor scuffed-up. Whites weren't whiter and colors weren't brighter, and I had to listen to it for weeks on end before it sank in just how beautifully well the 890 played music...

And, yes, the EAR 890 reproduced the sense of depth and performer placement that I presume is a part of the original recording with both uncanny precision and the same sense of "rightness" with which it approached the music itself. (I could also point to how well it separated the voice sections on that Purcell LP, even going so far as to suggest some curve to the choir's risers...)

Perhaps the most extraordinary thing about the EAR 890 was that, with the exception of the Quads that I used it to drive, this was the first new audio product in a very long time that I caught myself scheming to buy."
- Art Dudley, Stereophile http://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/404ear/

Overview

The 800 series of amplifiers from EAR has received widespread and consistent acclaim from users and reviewers the world over. However, feedback from some quarters suggested that there was a need for an amplifier with similar sonic prowess but just a little more power.

Taking as a starting point the circuits used in the 834 integrated amplifier, Tim de Paravicini has addressed that need by producing the 890 power amplifier. Using the innovative KT90 valve from EI, he has been able to offer 70W of clean Class-A audio from the same chassis as the 834. One of the few new valve designs of the last 30 years, the KT90 draws on the strengths of the EL509 valve (as used in many EAR amplifiers) and is capable of sustained high power operation with great reliability. Two pairs per channel are hardly stressed in the EAR 890.

Features include balanced inputs (transformer-coupled) as well as unbalanced, separate level controls for each channel, and the option of flexible mono-block operation to deliver 140W into a wide range of loudspeaker loads. Build quality and finish are to EARs usual high standards, with a distinctive touch of luxury in the thick brass front panel, heavily chromed and polished to a mirror finish. Reliability is assured and there are no user adjustments.

And the sound? All the EAR trademarks are there: beautifully natural midrange and treble, superb stereo imaging, and of course extended but perfectly proportioned bass, with the extra power raising the roof even further than our earlier models.
Specifications

o 70 Watts per channel stereo (it has tons of kick)
o Bridgeable to 140 Watt monoblock
o Class-A operation
o 8 x KT90 or 6550 output tubes
o XLR or RCA inputs, Balanced or unbalanced operation

EAR 834Linestage

Full Function Classic Tube Linestage - Why change a winner when it still stomps most competition?

Testimonials

"Continuousness; hop-to-it dynamics in the midbass; grainlessness; and a fine representation of image dimensionality. The soundstage and the vital middle frequencies.... These are the kind of audio toys you can (and will) fall in love with because they are just so got-rocks musical."
-- Harry Pearson Editor's Choice, The Absolute Sound

Overview

Funny thing, some people think a state-of-the-art the product has to have been made, or a new version issued, just yesterday. This is nonsense, despite the rush by so many to chase the ‘latest greatest’. While many companies are still figuring out how to design their products that isn't the case for Tim de Paravicini of EAR. Done to perfection on the first release you can put this preamp against any current contender under $2500 and, just like the 834P phono stage, you will come away totally impressed and awed. If you just want truly realistic sound that is always a pleasure, this is the preamp you're looking for.

The EAR 834L line preamplifier is terrific complement to most any system as well as the wonderful EAR 834P phono stage and EAR power amplifiers. Add modest $25 upgraded tubes and the 834L will shock you with its top-flight performance rivaling most preamps in the $4,000 plus range.

Designed by Tim de Paravicini in his usual robust style, the EAR 834L is the perfect match for any high-end system whether biased towards analogue or digital. The electronic architecture is minimalist so that the absolute minimum sonic degradation takes place. There are three double triode tubes arranged in a classic de Paravicini circuit. Special attention has been given to the input circuitry. All inputs are at the rear of the chassis on the same circuit board as the selector switches which are operated remotely by long control shafts.

The circuit is designed in such a way as to have an expected tube life of five years of continuous operation.

The 834L is available in Classic and Deluxe specification. Deluxe builds on the Classics specification with a superior chassis in chrome and gold finish with 2 sets of outputs to facilitate bi-amping systems and a neon power monitor light. It has facilities for up to five line inputs and genuine tape monitoring circuit, making a total of six inputs.

Specifications

* Input sensitivity for 1 volt output: 200 mV (0.2 volt)
* Maximum output: 30 Volt
* Noise (un-weighted): -80 dB (IHF)
* Valves: 2 x ECC82 or 12AU7 or equivalent & 1 x ECC83 or 12AX7 or equivalent

834 Phonostage

Testimonials

Be sure to read Sterephile's fascinating "King of Tubes" five page interview with EAR's Tim de Paravincini in the November 2007 Stereophile! Keep in mind EAR doesn't even advertise so this article is from the heart in acknowledging Tim as one of the original and only audio 'genius' who's work goes each step of the way from studio recordings to CD players, Turntables, Electronics and the latest 'Prime Drive' Speakers!!

"What distinguishes the 834P from solid-state phono stages is the sense of openness, scale and three-dimensionality, it's hard to match the warmth and the analogueness of the 834P. It's a great soundstager, a strong defender of the analogue argument and (for those who cherish this one aspect of playback above others) the source of some of the sweetest bass I've heard in years. As for vocals, all I can do is s-i-g-h-h-h."
- Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News & Record Review

"I've listened to 834P in direct comparison to several other commercially produced phono stages, some in its own price range of about a thousand dollars, and others up to about twice its price. While not an exhaustive survey of all available phono stages, the 834P easily bested every unit in this price range of those auditioned. The 834P shined brightly in every application."
- Jennifer E. Crock, Positive Feedback

Overview

When first launched, this was the only valve phono stage you could buy with facilities for both good quality Moving Coil (MC) and Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges. In addition, for a small premium the unit could be purchased with an in-built volume control, allowing direct connection to a power-amplifier. Yoshino Ltd. decided to upgrade and widen the range. There are now three models in the EAR 834P line up:

The Classic EAR 834P uses the same circuit architecture as its more expensive brothers, and shares in the same high quality sound through MM type cartridges. It is enclosed in a tough, rigid metal case, and is fully CE type approved.

Our most popular phono amplifier in England. The Black builds on the classic EAR 834P specification, by adding a superb Moving Coil (MC) input stage, as well as the no extra price option of a high quality volume control. Top of the range, the De-luxe comes in a stunning chrome and gold knob, optional chorme knob same price, and has extra attention and quality control. For the true vinyl enthusiast. With different moving coil input options, this unit will fit demanding of audiophile systems.

From Basic to De-luxe, the performance remains class leading.

Specifications

* Maximum output: 30V
* Noise (unweighted): -80 dB (1HF)
* Tubes: ECC83 x 3
* MM Input sensitivity: 2.2 mV for 1 V @ 1kHz
* MC Input sensitivity: 0.22 mV for 1 V @ 1kHz
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: EAR Yoshino

Postby DCO » Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Nice!
:)
DCO
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: EAR Yoshino by Tim de Paravincini

Postby redline_xp » Mon May 31, 2010 9:58 am

DCO wrote:Nice!
:)

Bagay sa iyo ito bro :D :D .

I've heard the EAR912 (Big Brother of 868). What I can say is that it has a dynamics & transient of the EAR324 (solidstate phono) but the texture is tubey like. The mids has a lifelike presentation & you will feel the artist as if is is just in-front of you. The linestage alone is analog sounding. When I played CD of Noel Cabangon - Byahe a month ago I was instantly became a fan & felt goose bumps on how good it sounded & with the rest of my CD collections.
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Mon May 31, 2010 7:35 pm

For those who sent their PMs & SMS, We can order the 868 Full LINESTAGE (w/o the phono section) version. Lead time is +/- a month.

Regards,

Ryan
0920 9252382
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rar33 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Very Nice Pre-Amp :clap: :clap: :clap:
rar33

Postby redline_xp » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 am

EAR 890 Power Amplifier 70WPC

"Caught myself scheming to buy" - A. Dudley, Stereophile

"It's the best tube amp I have listened to in my system!" - R. Levi, Positive Feedback

Testimonials

"It's the best tube amp I have listened to in my system! It is cost effective, powerful, maximally tuneful, user friendly, and you need only one chassis. It has new-think incorporated within its KT90 tube choice, and it's seductively musical. It works with inefficient, 4-ohm speakers like the Eidolons, and will probably power anything on the planet, from horns to electrostats to multi-driver designs, with musical authority. Plus, any normal audiophile can lift it without dastardly results. I not only recommend it, I'm buying the review sample to prove to my Positive Feedback friends that I stand behind my reviews! I highly recommend the E.A.R. 890 amplifier. It is class A+ in my audiophile domain, and my new tube reference."
- Robert H. Levi, Positive Feedback Online

"All in all, this is a great amplifier! It is extremely easy to set up and sounds good with little or no tweaking. It is about enjoying the music and not a finicky or touchy piece of gear. It is very cohesive and the tonality is excellent and very well integrated from highs to lows... Resolution and detail are excellent and they are presented in a relaxed, smooth manner. This EAR will not likely make "detail above all" types happy. The detail and nuances are there; they're not thrown at you, but are, more appropriately, part of the music's tapestry. Sound staging and imaging are terrific."
- http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/e ... ear890.htm

"Then there are such products as the grand-looking 890 amplifier from Esoteric Audio Research, which had nothing of the obvious about it during its stay in my home. Voices didn't pop out. Groove noise didn't vanish. Textures were neither smoothed-over nor scuffed-up. Whites weren't whiter and colors weren't brighter, and I had to listen to it for weeks on end before it sank in just how beautifully well the 890 played music...

And, yes, the EAR 890 reproduced the sense of depth and performer placement that I presume is a part of the original recording with both uncanny precision and the same sense of "rightness" with which it approached the music itself. (I could also point to how well it separated the voice sections on that Purcell LP, even going so far as to suggest some curve to the choir's risers...)

Perhaps the most extraordinary thing about the EAR 890 was that, with the exception of the Quads that I used it to drive, this was the first new audio product in a very long time that I caught myself scheming to buy."
- Art Dudley, Stereophile http://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/404ear/

Overview

The 800 series of amplifiers from EAR has received widespread and consistent acclaim from users and reviewers the world over. However, feedback from some quarters suggested that there was a need for an amplifier with similar sonic prowess but just a little more power.

Taking as a starting point the circuits used in the 834 integrated amplifier, Tim de Paravicini has addressed that need by producing the 890 power amplifier. Using the innovative KT90 valve from EI, he has been able to offer 70W of clean Class-A audio from the same chassis as the 834. One of the few new valve designs of the last 30 years, the KT90 draws on the strengths of the EL509 valve (as used in many EAR amplifiers) and is capable of sustained high power operation with great reliability. Two pairs per channel are hardly stressed in the EAR 890.

Features include balanced inputs (transformer-coupled) as well as unbalanced, separate level controls for each channel, and the option of flexible mono-block operation to deliver 140W into a wide range of loudspeaker loads. Build quality and finish are to EARs usual high standards, with a distinctive touch of luxury in the thick brass front panel, heavily chromed and polished to a mirror finish. Reliability is assured and there are no user adjustments.

And the sound? All the EAR trademarks are there: beautifully natural midrange and treble, superb stereo imaging, and of course extended but perfectly proportioned bass, with the extra power raising the roof even further than our earlier models.
Specifications

o 70 Watts per channel stereo (it has tons of kick)
o Bridgeable to 140 Watt monoblock
o Class-A operation
o 8 x KT90 or 6550 output tubes
o XLR or RCA inputs, Balanced or unbalanced operation
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 am

EAR 834Linestage

Full Function Classic Tube Linestage - Why change a winner when it still stomps most competition?

Testimonials

"Continuousness; hop-to-it dynamics in the midbass; grainlessness; and a fine representation of image dimensionality. The soundstage and the vital middle frequencies.... These are the kind of audio toys you can (and will) fall in love with because they are just so got-rocks musical."
-- Harry Pearson Editor's Choice, The Absolute Sound

Overview

Funny thing, some people think a state-of-the-art the product has to have been made, or a new version issued, just yesterday. This is nonsense, despite the rush by so many to chase the ‘latest greatest’. While many companies are still figuring out how to design their products that isn't the case for Tim de Paravicini of EAR. Done to perfection on the first release you can put this preamp against any current contender under $2500 and, just like the 834P phono stage, you will come away totally impressed and awed. If you just want truly realistic sound that is always a pleasure, this is the preamp you're looking for.

The EAR 834L line preamplifier is terrific complement to most any system as well as the wonderful EAR 834P phono stage and EAR power amplifiers. Add modest $25 upgraded tubes and the 834L will shock you with its top-flight performance rivaling most preamps in the $4,000 plus range.

Designed by Tim de Paravicini in his usual robust style, the EAR 834L is the perfect match for any high-end system whether biased towards analogue or digital. The electronic architecture is minimalist so that the absolute minimum sonic degradation takes place. There are three double triode tubes arranged in a classic de Paravicini circuit. Special attention has been given to the input circuitry. All inputs are at the rear of the chassis on the same circuit board as the selector switches which are operated remotely by long control shafts.

The circuit is designed in such a way as to have an expected tube life of five years of continuous operation.

The 834L is available in Classic and Deluxe specification. Deluxe builds on the Classics specification with a superior chassis in chrome and gold finish with 2 sets of outputs to facilitate bi-amping systems and a neon power monitor light. It has facilities for up to five line inputs and genuine tape monitoring circuit, making a total of six inputs.
Specifications

* Input sensitivity for 1 volt output: 200 mV (0.2 volt)
* Maximum output: 30 Volt
* Noise (un-weighted): -80 dB (IHF)
* Valves: 2 x ECC82 or 12AU7 or equivalent & 1 x ECC83 or 12AX7 or equivalent

834 Phonostage

Testimonials

Be sure to read Sterephile's fascinating "King of Tubes" five page interview with EAR's Tim de Paravincini in the November 2007 Stereophile! Keep in mind EAR doesn't even advertise so this article is from the heart in acknowledging Tim as one of the original and only audio 'genius' who's work goes each step of the way from studio recordings to CD players, Turntables, Electronics and the latest 'Prime Drive' Speakers!!

"What distinguishes the 834P from solid-state phono stages is the sense of openness, scale and three-dimensionality, it's hard to match the warmth and the analogueness of the 834P. It's a great soundstager, a strong defender of the analogue argument and (for those who cherish this one aspect of playback above others) the source of some of the sweetest bass I've heard in years. As for vocals, all I can do is s-i-g-h-h-h."
- Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News & Record Review

"I've listened to 834P in direct comparison to several other commercially produced phono stages, some in its own price range of about a thousand dollars, and others up to about twice its price. While not an exhaustive survey of all available phono stages, the 834P easily bested every unit in this price range of those auditioned. The 834P shined brightly in every application."
- Jennifer E. Crock, Positive Feedback

Overview

When first launched, this was the only valve phono stage you could buy with facilities for both good quality Moving Coil (MC) and Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges. In addition, for a small premium the unit could be purchased with an in-built volume control, allowing direct connection to a power-amplifier. Yoshino Ltd. decided to upgrade and widen the range. There are now three models in the EAR 834P line up:

The Classic EAR 834P uses the same circuit architecture as its more expensive brothers, and shares in the same high quality sound through MM type cartridges. It is enclosed in a tough, rigid metal case, and is fully CE type approved.

Our most popular phono amplifier in England. The Black builds on the classic EAR 834P specification, by adding a superb Moving Coil (MC) input stage, as well as the no extra price option of a high quality volume control. Top of the range, the De-luxe comes in a stunning chrome and gold knob, optional chorme knob same price, and has extra attention and quality control. For the true vinyl enthusiast. With different moving coil input options, this unit will fit demanding of audiophile systems.

From Basic to De-luxe, the performance remains class leading.

Specifications

* Maximum output: 30V
* Noise (unweighted): -80 dB (1HF)
* Tubes: ECC83 x 3
* MM Input sensitivity: 2.2 mV for 1 V @ 1kHz
* MC Input sensitivity: 0.22 mV for 1 V @ 1kHz
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby insomnia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Ryan, are you bringing in the cd player as well?
insomnia
Citizen
Citizen

Postby redline_xp » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:58 pm

insomnia wrote:Hi Ryan, are you bringing in the cd player as well?

Hello Sir,

It's not included with the June arrival, but we can order from EAR UK. It will be available in +/- a month.

Update: The Units posted above are now in Manila for release.
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 am

EAR 324 Solid State Phono Pre-Amp
Available actual unit.

Testimonials

"One of this device's ultimate strengths, to my ears at least, is its aptitude to readily unravel complex orchestrations while keeping the scale, location and timbre in near flawless relationship... Besides digging deeply, the 324 Deluxe is velvety smooth in the bass and sub bass departments, an area where so many phono stages falter. It is vibrantly liquid and rich in both its ability to recreate bass pitch definition and their individual textures." - Greg Weaver, Positive Feedback Online

"I could not cause this audio jewel to lose its iron-fisted control and stability at any volume, and believe me I tried! Nor does it sound the slightest bit ripe or artificially warm, or exhibit any dulling of transient attack, as many tube phono stages do. The E.A.R. 324 phono stage gives you the musical truth, the whole musical truth, and nothing but the musical truth. This beautifully crafted and extraordinary phono stage is Class A all the way, and a bargain at $3595. It has my highest recommendation." - Robert H. Levi, Positive Feedback Online

Winner of "Top Hi-Fi Show 2005" Award (Russia)

Overview

The EAR 324 is the perfect solution for the vinyl-loving audiophile who demands the highest quality and the greatest flexibility. It features perfectly tailored inputs for both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges and offers accurate, low-noise amplification with vanishingly small signal degradation. It has long been realised that amplifying the tiny signal from phono cartridges is one of the hardest jobs in electronics. Designer Tim de Paravicini has been devising elegant and efficient solutions to the problem over several decades, and the 324 represents the summary of his thinking. A fully transistorised product, it draws heavily on his acclaimed 馐 Control Centre' preamplifier in its circuitry but adds flexibility with switchable input impedance for both moving coil (MC) and moving magnet (MM) cartridges. Two separate inputs allow easy switching between two turntables (or two arms on one turntable), ideal for the serious collector who may have a separate deck and pickup for mono discs. Of those inputs, Input One is switchable for MC or MM cartridges.

In MC mode, a built-in step-up transformer (the same as in the Yoshino MC3 standalone transformer) gives optimum noise performance and matches the cartridge through 4ohm, 15ohm and 40ohm windings. In MM mode, impedance is fixed. Input Two is a specialist MM input with switchable resistance and capacitance loading to optimise response from any high quality MM cartridge. Both inputs feed into a very low noise, low distortion and high headroom amplifying stage which uses a unique RIAA equalisation scheme to optimise stability and sound quality. Balanced and unbalanced outputs with a low source impedance ensure that any line preamplifier can be comfortably driven through almost any amount of good quality cable. Gain is equivalent to 54dB at 1kHz (1.2V out for 2.5mV in MM) but can be reduced by 6 or 12dB if needed. Absolute phase is switchable and mono operation can also be selected.

With EAR/Yoshino's famed sound quality and reliability assured, the 324 is truly the phono stage of choice for the dedicated vinyl enthusiast.

Specifications

* MC step up provided via transformer
* Single ended and balanced outputs
* Supports connection of two tables/arms
* Variable resistive and capacitive loading
* Gain control attenuation provided
* Phase inversion switch
* Mono/stereo selectable switch
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Independence Day Delivery. Units arrived today & will post actual pictures shortly :clap: :clap: :D :D .

868 Linestage with phono

890 Power Amplifier 70wpc (Bridgeable to 140 wpc)

834 Linestage

834 Phonostage
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 am

Actual Pictures of the newly arrived EAR Products. Available for Trial on schedule basis.

EAR 868 Linestage with Phono - Php 345,000
EAR 868 Linestage only - Php 265,000

EAR 890 Power Amplifier, 70 wpc - Php 360,000
(Bridgeable to 140wpc)

EAR 834 Linestage - Php 115,000
EAR 834 Phonostage - Php 122,000

Thanks to spare_2_win for the photos.

Ryan
0920 9252382
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 am

pwede ba trade in? :D :D
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Postby redline_xp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 am

RHYTHM SECTION wrote:pwede ba trade in? :D :D

Pwede basta SME 20/12 Less 95% :devil: :lol: :clap: :D
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby spare_2_win » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Ako pede na din sa less 95% for the 834P. ;) :rofl:
spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby redline_xp » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:51 am

Congratulations to the owner of this EAR 912 'Studio Grade' Tube Preamplifier with phono. May it brings years of listening pleasure :clap: :clap: :clap:

The direct descendant of this studio grade preamplifier is the EAR 868 which is currently available.

redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:49 am

redline_xp wrote:

boss, loading ba yan 40, 12, 6, 3?........ano present loading gamit ng owner with what cartridge
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby redline_xp » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 am

TAS wrote:
redline_xp wrote:

boss, loading ba yan 40, 12, 6, 3?........ano present loading gamit ng owner with what cartridge

Boss TAS,

At present he is using Miyabi 40 Ohms @ -12db gain. I've tried it with Ortofon A90 6 Ohms @ -6db good dynamics & transients for full symphony orchestra & big band music with pinned centered imaging, & Koetsu 40 Ohms @ 0db solo artists is flesh out performance. You cant's resist the mids.
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:14 am

ayos!!!! sana makatikim ako nyan....i would love to here that a-90 playing at very low load which should be the case and not at the regular 100 ohms. im sure ang taba this time ng tunog. pakain ka next week ah...
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby redline_xp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 am

TAS wrote:ayos!!!! sana makatikim ako nyan....i would love to here that a-90 playing at very low load which should be the case and not at the regular 100 ohms. im sure ang taba this time ng tunog. pakain ka next week ah...

Tama ka TAS. A90 @ 6 ohms loading is Mataba, Makapal at Madiin. Sana I can bring another one in soon :D :D :D
redline_xp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to >> Audio Manila <<