All Rega System = Good Music!

Moderator: JackD201

All Rega System = Good Music!

Postby muypogi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 am

If you've ever wondered how an all Rega system sounds like, try visiting this one c/o Nick and Stephen, the local Rega distributors. Had a chance to have dinner and chat with them last night. Apart from the very nice dinner, there was very good music as well from Stephen's all Rega system. I've never seen a full Rega setup from any of the dealers, and was pleasantly surprised that an all Rega system (right down to the power cables and interconnects) could have such full synergy.

Included in the picture are:

Rega RS5 speakers
Rega Elicit amp
Rega Apollo
RP3 turntable + Exact cart
Rega speaker cable, interconnect, power cable

Also hooked up the new mini amp, the Rega Brio-R, but most of the listening was done with the Elicit.

Without going into too much detail, let me say that the system was very pleasant to listen to, not fatiguing and quite musical. Enough to have us call it a night, este a morning at 1am. :P

Maybe the Rega dealers can have a full setup for the public to have the opportunity to listen to the potential synergy of an all Rega setup. Actually, Stephen's cozy setup is similar to jamants' setup at Grey when I went there. . .

Thanks to the Rega guys Nick and Stephen!
Last edited by muypogi on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: All Rega System = Good Music!

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Agree. Hope to hear one with this type of configuration soonest. Perhaps, it could be hosted by either Vinylhead's shop or The Grey Market.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby nslsy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi Moi,

Thanks and we enjoyed your company. Sa susunod muli :D

Yes, we will talk to Jay asap and try to set up an all Rega system in their store.
nslsy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Rule, Britannia!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby muypogi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:11 am

nslsy wrote:Hi Moi,

Thanks and we enjoyed your company. Sa susunod muli :D

Yes, we will talk to Jay asap and try to set up an all Rega system in their store.

Will look forward to it!

Just finished trying out the Elicit with my Compact 7s. I can say that Brit Rega + Brit Harbeth combo seems to be a very good match. Elicit sounds very lively and punchy when connected to the Harbeths, detailed but not fatiguing. . . tested it using my lossless files. SIgnature Rega sound, I believe. Curious how it will sound hooked up to my turntable. . . baka pwedeng makahiram mg MC board. . . :?:

Still prefer the sound of my Luxman after doing an A/B using the same tracks, but I think you can't go wrong with the Elicit. Very nice amp and I look forward to matching it up with suitable speakers in a 2nd setup. Somehow after hearing the Harbeths paired with it, my planned pairing the Elicit with my Castle Richmonds doesn't sound so hot . . . :(
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby nslsy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Moi,

We don't have a MC board right now but I think we have a fono mc. Just let me know if you need it. :D
nslsy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby muypogi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 pm

nslsy wrote:Hi Moi,

We don't have a MC board right now but I think we have a fono mc. Just let me know if you need it. :D

Thanks Nick. At the moment, the Elicit is with my father in law, who's enjoying it tremendously paired with his B&W 683 speakers. Very good detail coming from a cheap Philips DVD player and a Rega Fono Mini MM. WIth the Rega from a dead cold start, he immediately heard some triangle hits that he wasn't used to hearing . . .

Left it with him muna since I'm going to HK next week anyways. Siya na lang muna mag break in. . . :)

Will listen to it when I get back. . . baka mas gumanda tunog after break in.

Thanks for the Fono MC offer. . . I'd like to really see how it sounds connected to my analog setup.

Will Rega offer a switchable MM/MC phono stage kaya?
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby endrik35 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Moi, what speaker is in the foreground in your first pic? Is that an RS5 or RS7?
endrik35
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby muypogi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

endrik35 wrote:Moi, what speaker is in the foreground in your first pic? Is that an RS5 or RS7?

Rega RS5 ser. . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby nslsy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Moi,

Yes Rega said they are designing a switchable MM/MC phono stage. No release date given though. I will let you know if I get more info. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata. :D
nslsy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby chapitalist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Mamimili wrote:Rule, Britannia!

I'll second that!
chapitalist
Citizen
Citizen

Postby whill_ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 am

I hope, I can listen to the entry level of Rega (Brio-R, DAC and Apollo) with my entry level speaker Infinity. Cannot afford pa to buy Mid to High End set up. hehehe.
whill_

Postby Figster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 am

This is great! Btw, what's the brand of those racks?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Figster

Return to S.Y.N.E.R.G.I.E.S