SUTs(Step-Up Transformers)

Moderator: JackD201

Postby amandarae » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
That's why I'm getting the Cinemag as well :D :D :D

In transit already? :D :D :D

Whatever you do, use a metal box. It is much "quieter" IMO.

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby pigdog » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:47 pm

the best person to talk to with regards to the silk is Jo3rp as he uses it. heard it is very good
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby yellowpaper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 pm

All the while I've been listening to my LO MC's, CA Stradivari and KRS at, (gasp!!!!) 47k setting. I know I was missing a lot after I've heard what an SUT could offer. (Thanks Amandarae, Mullard88 and MT) And yes, I’ve noticed that it would be very rewarding if the software is free from any contaminants and the front end properly set up but being a perennial slacker that I am its a big effort on my part to make sure everything is in working order. But hey you should do what you must do and it goes without saying that you’ll be rewarded 10 folds or more if things are working in harmony. This is my first foray into SUTs and at the moment I’m using a Lundahl. I’m very excited to hear other SUT designs. Truly they bring magic.

BTW, Amandarae nice job!!! :D
yellowpaper
Citizen
Citizen

Location: Colorado, Washington, DC, Alaska, Oregon and counting

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

amandarae wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:

regards,

Abe

Yup :D Thanks for the advise. I was planning to put it inside the Azur 640P, bypassing it's MC section. :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:05 pm

Jon Agner wrote:
amandarae wrote:
Jon Agner wrote:

regards,

Abe

Yup :D Thanks for the advise. I was planning to put it inside the Azur 640P, bypassing it's MC section. :D :D

In that case Jon, try blutac to position them first. Do not install them permanently right away! Hum can be avoided by simply turning the orientation of the Cinemag. When you find the right position, then that is the time to install them permanently. That is what those guys (at Cinemag) does and recommends. FWIW, I picked up my SUT personally when I bought my first pair and had some insightful conversation with the guys who makes the transformers. They showed me how to connect the little buggers into a microphone and demonstrated that hum can be cancelled out completely by just changing the orientation of the SUT body. Nice guys!

Congrats!

Abe
Last edited by amandarae on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby amandarae » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:06 pm

yellowpaper wrote:All the while I've been listening to my LO MC's, CA Stradivari and KRS at, (gasp!!!!) 47k setting. I know I was missing a lot after I've heard what an SUT could offer. (Thanks Amandarae, Mullard88 and MT) And yes, I’ve noticed that it would be very rewarding if the software is free from any contaminants and the front end properly set up but being a perennial slacker that I am its a big effort on my part to make sure everything is in working order. But hey you should do what you must do and it goes without saying that you’ll be rewarded 10 folds or more if things are working in harmony. This is my first foray into SUTs and at the moment I’m using a Lundahl. I’m very excited to hear other SUT designs. Truly they bring magic.

BTW, Amandarae nice job!!! :D

I am waiting for you........... :twisted: :twisted:

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Abe,

Thanks for the added input :D Now I'm more excited to try out the cinemag on my system :D :D :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby amandarae » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm

Jon Agner wrote:Abe,

Thanks for the added input :D Now I'm more excited to try out the cinemag on my system :D :D :D

Certainly!

regards,

Abe
amandarae
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby yellowpaper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:21 pm

amandarae wrote:I am waiting for you........... :twisted: :twisted:
regards,
Abe

Ill be there :twisted: :twisted:

Yup Thanks for the advise. I was planning to put it inside the Azur 640P, bypassing it's MC section.

jon, you never really cease to amaze me. That would be something to look forward to :D
yellowpaper
Citizen
Citizen

Location: Colorado, Washington, DC, Alaska, Oregon and counting

Postby JackD201 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Mullard,

I have been listening to my Jade with the Koetsu Step up into the Lamm's MM inputs. I LOVE IT! I just have to figure out where that ground is coming from in my pile of spaghetti but the beauty of it is the Jade still sounds like the Jade :D What the step up did was really raise the gain a bit vs. the built in Jensen Step Up of the Lamm and it made the sound expand in practically all directions.

I'm done in the SUT department. My other carts are very happy in MC mode. I'm just waiting for my second arm and soon a new table to mount both of them on ;)

Jack
JackD201
Immortal

Previous

Return to S.Y.N.E.R.G.I.E.S