horns & low powered SET (8 watts and below)

Moderator: JackD201

horns & low powered SET (8 watts and below)

Postby detubo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:46 pm

i thought i'd never sell my spendor 3/1P till i got horny. don't get me wrong. the spendors are darn beautiful but there is that certain midrange magic you will look for once you get use to horns.
detubo
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

i am being offered a pair of mid range and hi frequencey goodmans horns still waiting for the pictures from the uk i am also expecting a pair of Vitavox S5 horns arriving form the UK and will be on its way to Joey3rp for a new enclosure to match with my tannoy reds
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby detubo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Vitavox! Patek Philip of horn!
detubo
Master
Master

Postby pigdog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:58 pm

is that so? i got a good deal for a pair of S5 drivers with the original wooden horns the drivers are mint condition as it was kept in a enclosure all its life, i opted not to take the enclosure as it is too heavy and just kept the drivers with the horns sadly teh wooden horns are butt ugly and it is painted battleship gray! i guess this is were joey comes in! i hoped he can do his magic with his woodwork! i planned to match it with the tannoy reds i also got an offer today for a set of Goodman Horns circa 1964 also from the same source in the UK
detubo wrote:Vitavox! Patek Philip of horn!
pigdog
Master
Master

Return to S.Y.N.E.R.G.I.E.S