audio consulting vs mundorf silver wire

If you have technical problems encountered in the forum, do let us know, and we'll try to sort it out.

audio consulting vs mundorf silver wire

Postby roi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Sirs,

Had anyone tried to compare these two wires for IC? May you share your listening experience as i am going to buy either of the two. I have listened to the mundorf 0.5 mm silver wire but have no idea about the audio consulting wire sound.

thanks/roi
roi

Re: audio consulting vs mundorf silver wire

Postby edwin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

roi wrote:Sirs,

Had anyone tried to compare these two wires for IC? May you share your listening experience as i am going to buy either of the two. I have listened to the mundorf 0.5 mm silver wire but have no idea about the audio consulting wire sound.

thanks/roi

This might interest you. :)

http://www.partsconnexion.com/wire_hookup_duelund.html
edwin
Citizen
Citizen

Postby august » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:12 pm

thanks/roi

hi, roi....below is a post i made in 2007 when a fellow ws member inquired as to my next upgrade...i haven't tried the other wire you mentioned..but the mundorf left a lasting impression on me...i still feel the same way about it as i did then when i auditioned it at home...

“Hi Le_Stat! Thanks again! Baka yung IC muna if ever, he he he..Actually, contented naman ako dun sa Kimber PBJ until na-home audition ko yung 1 m na Mundorf silver-gold wire with Eichmann connectors..It made me sad to return that DIYed IC Now, if by stroke of luck I am able to get that IC, then the speaker cables I would dream about having would also be the Mundorf silver-gold”
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Octaver » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

thanks/roi

Roi, IC's are passive components. They will sound differently depending on your system use. Passive components requires system matching. Try to audition it on you own gears and compare. Mundorf might be good on my system but not on your system and vice versa with the Audio Consulting cable. Just my 5 cents
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby roi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Octaver wrote:

thanks/roi

Roi, IC's are passive components. They will sound differently depending on your system use. Passive components requires system matching. Try to audition it on you own gears and compare. Mundorf might be good on my system but not on your system and vice versa with the Audio Consulting cable. Just my 5 cents

Hi Octaver,

Thanks for your input.
roi

Postby roi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:23 pm

august wrote:

thanks/roi

hi, roi....below is a post i made in 2007 when a fellow ws member inquired as to my next upgrade...i haven't tried the other wire you mentioned..but the mundorf left a lasting impression on me...i still feel the same way about it as i did then when i auditioned it at home...

“Hi Le_Stat! Thanks again! Baka yung IC muna if ever, he he he..Actually, contented naman ako dun sa Kimber PBJ until na-home audition ko yung 1 m na Mundorf silver-gold wire with Eichmann connectors..It made me sad to return that DIYed IC Now, if by stroke of luck I am able to get that IC, then the speaker cables I would dream about having would also be the Mundorf silver-gold”

Hi August,

Thanks. I did bought the 0.5 mm mundorf wire, just waiting for the Eichmann RCA to be a available.
roi

Return to Helpdesk and Information