Change in status/title

If you have technical problems encountered in the forum, do let us know, and we'll try to sort it out.

Change in status/title

Postby egay » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi buds!
i noticed that i am back to "Citizen" with less than 1000 posts.

a week ago, i noted i was already "promoted" to another level and that i already have more than 1000 posts that's why i changed my Avatar.

what has happened?

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Change in status/title

Postby aresti » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:15 pm

I think something's is wrong with the software. I already had 349 posts, which number kept repeating for many subsequent posts, and last week and without deleting anything, my number of posts was reduced to something like 309. Even now, I have different posts on different dates in different threads numbered the same...
aresti
Citizen
Citizen

Postby zenaudio » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I think the software subtracted 100 post counts. :^)

Well, how about the board adding 200 post counts for each member with at least 50 posts (those already qualified to post at marketplace) as a Christmas gift? :D :rofl: :rofl: :D
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby KD » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Maybe it's part of the meltdown in financial markets. Revenues, profits, stock prices, bond prices, and commodity prices have all gone down all over the world. Post counts on WiredState were bound to be next.

Happy Holidays, guys! :D
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby sonicjunkie » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:48 am

I too got stripped off 10 points then back to newbie status :worried: :worried:
sonicjunkie
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:05 am

egay wrote:Hi buds!
i noticed that i am back to "Citizen" with less than 1000 posts.

a week ago, i noted i was already "promoted" to another level and that i already have more than 1000 posts that's why i changed my Avatar.

what has happened?

.e.

we noticed the same to one of our WS members... 1000 post ==> 970+ ... maybe hardware/software bug ??
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby tweaker » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:24 am

Hi guys! Here's what happened:

I had to resynchronize the post counts for our forum because it was not incrementing properly for some members.

Some may have reduced post counts because posts in threads/forums that were deleted or pruned are not included during resynchronization.

Unfortunately, I cannot restore the original post counts since this is done automatically by the software...
tweaker
Administrator
Administrator

Postby alexg » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:31 am

tweaker wrote:Hi guys! Here's what happened:

I had to resynchronize the post counts for our forum because it was not incrementing properly for some members.

Some may have reduced post counts because posts in threads/forums that were deleted or pruned are not included during resynchronization.

Unfortunately, I cannot restore the original post counts since this is done automatically by the software...

phpBB bug?

Am administering another forum site using the same software and there is no issues like this, I hope you fixed it. :sweat:
alexg
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tweaker » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:52 am

alexg wrote:

phpBB bug?

Am administering another forum site using the same software and there is no issues like this, I hope you fixed it. :sweat:

Probably a bug or database issue. Anyway, I've been monitoring post counts since the resynchronization and looks likes it's incrementing properly now.
tweaker
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zenaudio » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi tweaker, thanks for the quick response! Great job.
But as an admin, you are a man of few posts. :D
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby egay » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 am

tweaker wrote:
alexg wrote:

phpBB bug?

Probably a bug or database issue. Anyway, I've been monitoring post counts since the resynchronization and looks likes it's incrementing properly now.

hmm.
ok, thanks

.e.
egay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Helpdesk and Information