to all NEWBIES: please introduce yourself here...

If you have technical problems encountered in the forum, do let us know, and we'll try to sort it out.

Hi! (New Member)

Postby jemist101 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey all. Couldn't find a 'new member introduction thread / forum', so I thought I'd post here and say hello. If there is one, if a moderator could please move it to there so I don't offend anyone. [Done! And welcome to WS! - Dante]

I'm a Filipino-born Australian vinyl and vintage hi-fi junkie, and am most likely transferring myself back home to the Philippines at the end of the year, and I wanted to catch up with some similar minds and whatnot. I can understand tagalog, but am understandably a little rusty, so excuse me in advance :)

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community here (and when I'm over there!). Sadly, I am moving with minimal stuff - the intention is a mid-term stay with an open mind, so sadly I will be hi-fi less. Have a few audio/ music centric projects I want to do while I'm over there, and I'll go into that in greater detail later on, and buying records will be a large part of that. I went briefly back to the Philippines about 5 years ago, and was a little saddened that I couldn't find too many record stores... but I definitely didn't look very hard. Hopefully you guys will show me the way a little!

Anyway - Hi!

PS. If you're the voyeuristic type, here's an example of vinyl collection - it's been a tough slog to get them catalogued - this would represent maybe less than 25% of what I have?

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user= ... tist%2Casc
jemist101

Re: to all NEWBIES: please introduce yourself here...

Postby jemist101 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks Dante!
jemist101

Postby jundai15 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm

jemist101 wrote:Thanks Dante!

Jon here and a newbie here in WiredState, and also a newbie in the world of vinyls, for my set-up, I'm in the
process of restoring technics amps and speakers, needs some tweeks and cleaning. I usually collect indie records :D
And nice to know there is a community here. More power WiredState!!!!
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Hi! (New Member)

Postby kabubi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:35 pm

jemist101 wrote:PS. If you're the voyeuristic type, here's an example of vinyl collection - it's been a tough slog to get them catalogued - this would represent maybe less than 25% of what I have?

Several albums of A Tribe Called Quest. Cool! 8) 8) 8)
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby zenaudio » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Welcome to wiredstate, jemist and jundai! :)
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby jundai15 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 am

zenaudio wrote:Welcome to wiredstate, jemist and jundai! :)

Thanks Zenaudio!!!!!!!
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby onedown » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09 am

welcome to wiredstate, jemist101 and jundai15!

jemist101, if you'll be in manila by november, drop by dusit hotel in makati for the hi fi show.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby jemist101 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks all for the welcome. Will be posting here in threads in the meantime, to get familiar with y'all.

A Hi-Fi show sounds all too tempting... wouldn't want to blow out my budget too quickly, haha.
jemist101

Postby onedown » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm

^
try and drop by just the same. it would be a nice opportunity to meet members. :)
onedown
Master
Master

Postby joy_francisco » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 am

Last edited by joy_francisco on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
joy_francisco
Master
Master

Postby camotecue » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

joy_francisco wrote:I haven’t done this since I became a member here so infairness to others I would like to do the same. I’m Joy Francisco, just call me Joy. I discovered WS upon browsing the web looking for specific answer to a quest, the search engine brought me here then voila! I got hooked up with the member’s enthusiastic hobbies and talents. I don’t have expensive gears like everyone else here but a decent one is more than enough for me to enjoy my music collection. Currently I’m using Sansui AU555, generic TT which a guy from record bar assembled for me a long time ago, Sony blue ray mostly use for playing CD’s only and a pair of Acoustic Energy AEII series II in black ash finish. Initially, my plan is to set up the sansui as tone control only and get a power amp with higher wattage but I got stuck using it as is. Attached to this post is my picture taken together with my crew. I’m the guy on the right side wearing blue shirt and black jacket.

welcome to wiredstate!
camotecue
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Hi! (New Member)

Postby auralexploits » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:04 pm

jemist101 wrote:Hey all. Couldn't find a 'new member introduction thread / forum', so I thought I'd post here and say hello. If there is one, if a moderator could please move it to there so I don't offend anyone. [Done! And welcome to WS! - Dante]

I'm a Filipino-born Australian vinyl and vintage hi-fi junkie, and am most likely transferring myself back home to the Philippines at the end of the year, and I wanted to catch up with some similar minds and whatnot. I can understand tagalog, but am understandably a little rusty, so excuse me in advance :)

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community here (and when I'm over there!). Sadly, I am moving with minimal stuff - the intention is a mid-term stay with an open mind, so sadly I will be hi-fi less. Have a few audio/ music centric projects I want to do while I'm over there, and I'll go into that in greater detail later on, and buying records will be a large part of that. I went briefly back to the Philippines about 5 years ago, and was a little saddened that I couldn't find too many record stores... but I definitely didn't look very hard. Hopefully you guys will show me the way a little!

Anyway - Hi!

PS. If you're the voyeuristic type, here's an example of vinyl collection - it's been a tough slog to get them catalogued - this would represent maybe less than 25% of what I have?

Hi Jemist, are you living in Australia or New Zealand? Welcome to WS :clap:
auralexploits
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jemist101 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Yo Tony - am in Australia.

Guessing you're in Christchurch?
jemist101

Postby auralexploits » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm

jemist101 wrote:Yo Tony - am in Australia.

Guessing you're in Christchurch?

yup I'm from christchurch, planning to have a holiday there in Australia early next year before we visit Philippines :)
auralexploits
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vitus979 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:22 am

Hello there. I've been a visitor to wiredstate since I have been searching the web late last year for schematics/plans for a home made do -it -yourself valve(tube) integrated amp with an RIAA equalization circuit for a phono stage. I haven't built the amp yet, but ended up re-visiting my vinyl collection which was mothballed since there has never been any 'new' software for more that a decade and a half. I have been into music making( a frustrated musicion) and playback( obssesive compulsive audio hardware buyer) since the early 80's and had had a created an impressive collection of vinyl, including broadcast/radio copies/edits of singles/ records only insiders in the broadcast media would come in contact. I once had acquired my fathers open reel tapes that were once the property/catalog of a radio station(70 to 90 tapes!). However time and mother nature took it's course and a considerable numbers were made unplayable by 2002(the tapes got sticky and stuck together). At lest his Grundig TK 45 stereo tape deck still fires up(a tube open reel deck)
Since I have mothballed the LP collection many copies of records and materials have been relinquished from my me, some relatives and their friends have been asking for copies of my records and since I had digital copies of them I just gave them away (big mistake).
Anyway I had recently acquired another analog front end (Technics SL1500 Mk1, almost mint) and had rediscovered some old Phono carts from my dad's hidden stash (a Pickering VEV 1000 he acquired in 1980 from a garage sale and the AT AE101 phono Cart from his old Lenco L75). I am back to finding the LPs that used to be in my collection and have found some that I was unable to buy back then since they were not sold locally . I have spent at least one weekend every month washing the old collection and would like to catalog them again.

Nice to know that there is a forum that exist for the eccentric record collector like me. Thanks guys and keep up the good work.
vitus979

Postby joy_francisco » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 am

camotecue wrote:
joy_francisco wrote:I haven’t done this since I became a member here so infairness to others I would like to do the same. I’m Joy Francisco, just call me Joy. I discovered WS upon browsing the web looking for specific answer to a quest, the search engine brought me here then voila! I got hooked up with the member’s enthusiastic hobbies and talents. I don’t have expensive gears like everyone else here but a decent one is more than enough for me to enjoy my music collection. Currently I’m using Sansui AU555, generic TT which a guy from record bar assembled for me a long time ago, Sony blue ray mostly use for playing CD’s only and a pair of Acoustic Energy AEII series II in black ash finish. Initially, my plan is to set up the sansui as tone control only and get a power amp with higher wattage but I got stuck using it as is. Attached to this post is my picture taken together with my crew. I’m the guy on the right side wearing blue shirt and black jacket.

welcome to wiredstate!

Thank you.camotecue, another reason why i love wiredsate...people are very accomodating.
joy_francisco
Master
Master

Postby Hartsfield1946 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Ciao to all. I'm kinda new in WS. My time to say hi. :)

I've been doin audio for almost 5years. Im new on vinyls and tubes. Im more of the SSamps. I love music and played with a band (that was my college life :rofl: ). Now im currently working @ fort as one of the product guys of audio retailing. We carry JBL Mark Levinson Revel Harman Kardon AKG, mostly are products of harman intl (in short im from the dealer/distributor industry).

Im here to share and exchange knowledge with our fellow WS members. And also to retail and help others looking for products that we have. Im looking forward on meeting and being friends with you guys.

Gracias WS. :clap:
Hartsfield1946

Postby Jack Mawatan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am

Hi! I'm new here! Hoping to learn more about audio. All I have is a Garrard 301 (with an SME 3012 & Dynavector XV1s); a Conrad Johnson PV10; a Conrad Johnson MV60se; and a Sonus Faber Grand Piano. The cables that I use came from an old home theater system :tmi:
Jack Mawatan

Postby mikeer2002ph » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Hello! Mikee here (Mikeer2002ph) from the other site (PDVD)

I'm lazy going to-fro communities hence I only went in WS a couple of weeks back.

I'm a newbie in this site, nonetheless I'm quite 'old' when it comes to 2 channel audio/5.1 channel HT equipment and appreciation

System specs you say? well I posted my 'evolution' in a separate thread also in this site

http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26409

so just see it there and see you all online in the forums

-Mikee-
mikeer2002ph

Postby spare_2_win » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Jack Mawatan wrote:Hi! I'm new here! Hoping to learn more about audio. All I have is a Garrard 301 (with an SME 3012 & Dynavector XV1s); a Conrad Johnson PV10; a Conrad Johnson MV60se; and a Sonus Faber Grand Piano. The cables that I use came from an old home theater system :tmi:

Welcome to WS JM! Nice gears you have there! ;)
spare_2_win
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Helpdesk and Information