to all NEWBIES: please introduce yourself here...

If you have technical problems encountered in the forum, do let us know, and we'll try to sort it out.

Re: to all NEWBIES: please introduce yourself here...

Postby Old Soul » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:10 am

TheAnalogSource wrote:Haha Kala ko tagal na. Anyway, please repost those vintage amp again here as well as pics ni idol.

Need to learn where and how to post first. :)
Old Soul

Postby tigercub72 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Wired State!

Im Roger from Q.C. I love listening to music but im a newbie in this audio set-up (if you call it that). My wife and i loves listening to our cd's and spotify
everyday however, our trusted JVC mini-compo cd/vcd player finally gave after 15 yrs of service. This gives me a reason to start a new set up :D . I saw the link to this forum
from another forum(pinoygolfer.com) and after reading some posts, i got to realize that its not as easy as buying a receiver with tuner and a pair of kickass speakers. i really had a hard time understanding your terminologies and and technical jargons so i hope you guys could help me out :)

TIA!
tigercub72

Postby JoeyGS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Welcome....welcome...... Start shooting your questions on the related forum threads!

tigercub72 wrote:Hi Wired State!

Im Roger from Q.C. I love listening to music but im a newbie in this audio set-up (if you call it that). My wife and i loves listening to our cd's and spotify
everyday however, our trusted JVC mini-compo cd/vcd player finally gave after 15 yrs of service. This gives me a reason to start a new set up :D . I saw the link to this forum
from another forum(pinoygolfer.com) and after reading some posts, i got to realize that its not as easy as buying a receiver with tuner and a pair of kickass speakers. i really had a hard time understanding your terminologies and and technical jargons so i hope you guys could help me out :)

TIA!
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby uplaw95 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Teta and I'm a lawyer with my own law firm based at the Fort. As with most everyone here, I guess, I started out with Home Theater in the 90s and later joined PinoyDVD way back in 2002. Since a lot of my friends there (Jen Dones, Tony Tecson, Larry Roxas, etc) are deeply into audio, I decided to check out what it was and got hooked. Since we're not getting any younger, I rightly decided a few months ago that time was too precious to waste on listening to mud. However, I'm what you call a DIYer (a buyer not a fabricator like my friends at PDVD) since I prefer to get more bang out of my hard-earned buck. My tube amp and preamp were lovingly fabricated by my friend Tony while the cabinets for my Audio Nirvana 12's were ably made by Larry. I started out with digital hi-res files (FLAC, DSD, DSF, etc.) courtesy of Jen. When Jen curiously started unloading his digital rig, I started looking into analog and have not looked back since. I got myself an SL1200MK2, some carts, bought some albums from fellow PDVDers, and bought some more online. My present music listening is about 80:20 in favor of analog.

Glad to be here!

Best,

Teta

P.S. My usual callsign online is "tetablanco" but for some reason it's registered here already. I must've registered here a while back but I just couldn't remember my password nor reset it through my email address.
uplaw95

Postby jundai15 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:32 pm

uplaw95 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm Teta and I'm a lawyer with my own law firm based at the Fort. As with most everyone here, I guess, I started out with Home Theater in the 90s and later joined PinoyDVD way back in 2002. Since a lot of my friends there (Jen Dones, Tony Tecson, Larry Roxas, etc) are deeply into audio, I decided to check out what it was and got hooked. Since we're not getting any younger, I rightly decided a few months ago that time was too precious to waste on listening to mud. However, I'm what you call a DIYer (a buyer not a fabricator like my friends at PDVD) since I prefer to get more bang out of my hard-earned buck. My tube amp and preamp were lovingly fabricated by my friend Tony while the cabinets for my Audio Nirvana 12's were ably made by Larry. I started out with digital hi-res files (FLAC, DSD, DSF, etc.) courtesy of Jen. When Jen curiously started unloading his digital rig, I started looking into analog and have not looked back since. I got myself an SL1200MK2, some carts, bought some albums from fellow PDVDers, and bought some more online. My present music listening is about 80:20 in favor of analog.

Glad to be here!

Best,

Teta

P.S. My usual callsign online is "tetablanco" but for some reason it's registered here already. I must've registered here a while back but I just couldn't remember my password nor reset it through my email address.

Welcome back Teta, from your audio friends you mentioned, you have a good source of knowledge when it comes to audio. Speaking for myself, I don't know them personally but a lot of them are very helpful when youy ask related questions about setting-up your gears properly. You can check the Newbie Corner, ako ata marami tanong dun, hehehe. By the way, your turntable is my dream turntable, my turntable and your turntable are cousins, mine is the automatic version, the Technics SL-1600 MK2. :)
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ButchLerio » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:08 pm

hi All,

another lawyer here..i'm gonna be more of a lurker as i would just be learning more about audio..i
joined after getting this itch again about turntables and LPs..in time i will be setting up our living room with a good audio and i want there to be a turntable. i also want our son, now 11, to understand it and get to like it..

nice to be here..

-butch
ButchLerio

Postby jundai15 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:05 pm

ButchLerio wrote:hi All,

another lawyer here..i'm gonna be more of a lurker as i would just be learning more about audio..i
joined after getting this itch again about turntables and LPs..in time i will be setting up our living room with a good audio and i want there to be a turntable. i also want our son, now 11, to understand it and get to like it..

nice to be here..

-butch

Welcome and enjoy sir Butch, marami handang tumulong dito in your audio journey
jundai15
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Helpdesk and Information