HARANA V2 w/ JBL 077 – BEYMA 15” CO-Axial

quality creations.
proudly philippine-made.

Moderators: joe3rp, ambel, Gaucho

HARANA V2 w/ JBL 077 – BEYMA 15” CO-Axial

Postby joe3rp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:26 pm

I just delivered a HARANA V2 speaker to a NON-audiophile music lover. His knowledge of Classical music is very impressive and comprehensive. He was in the market to upgrade from a “BOOM BOX all-in one system” to an all out “audiophile system”. He has colleagues into the ultra-high end stuff in the mega-$$$$ range that he has been visiting and listening to. He brings his CD collection to those sessions and listens. He went to my house one day, and I showed him how a simple CD/PC based system + USB T-amp+ Hi-efficiency speakers. Well he bought one of the speakers he listened to in my house immediately. What surprised me was that he chose the “FLAT BLACK V2 w/ BEYMA. This BEYMA is a 15” coaxial (15” woofer + a 2” midrange). According to him it matched his décor.

He upgraded the BEYMA tweeter originally paired during the demo to a higher priced JBL 077 (to be clad in KAMAGONG). He is familiar with the JBL pedigree that is why he decided on the JBL077. He said in JAPAN a lot of restaurants have these Hi-End JBL as their center piece.

Here is the system now in a Makati high rise.

After my setup and tuning, he immediately started playing his COPLAND and MAHLER CDs through his old laptop + USB-T-amp…and he was Happy Music Lover! He was willing to spend $5000 for this system …well he ended up spending a whole lot less!
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: HARANA V2 w/ JBL 077 – BEYMA 15” CO-Axial

Postby kabubi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 pm

yan ang gusto ko sa mga Harana Boys, nakakatulong sa domestic economy :rock:

Congrats to Joey and the rest of the Harana Boys!
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Wow, puwede pala yang close to the wall...

Congrats to the Harana boys and to this satisfied music lover!
rtsyrtsy

Postby joe3rp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:21 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:Wow, puwede pala yang close to the wall...

Congrats to the Harana boys and to this satisfied music lover!

Russ,

YES! Close to WALL. That was the main design requirement for the V2 (Voight-Vvent) cabinets, to be able to be placed near (against) the rear walls.
It has user adjustable vents for further bass tuning to take into consideration different room accoustics.
We addressed the original comments of our hi-eff enclosure being too big, by allowing the cabinets to be placed closer to the rear walls, resulting in effectively having a smaller area footprint. It also allowed it be aligned with audio gear racks which is good for WAF (wife acceptance) and also safety from visitors.
For example your LV or Sonus...you place it about +1 meter from the real wall (resulting in the speaker being exposed in front of the listening area), then the wires dangling across back to the amp (tripping nuisance).

Horns for you?
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby docsialu » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:01 am

very nice, congrats sir joey :clap: :clap: :clap:
docsialu
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby august » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Congrats to the owner of the Harana V2-Beyma-JBL and Joe3rp and company:clap: :clap: :clap:
august
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:54 pm

joe3rp wrote:Horns for you?

Someday, someday.

Find me a job that pays an expat package in Manila and I'd order a Harana horn ASAP! :D

Room muna, I think that's the weakest link in my system right now.
rtsyrtsy

Postby joe3rp » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 pm

rtsyrtsy wrote:
joe3rp wrote:Horns for you?

Someday, someday.

Find me a job that pays an expat package in Manila and I'd order a Harana horn ASAP! :D

Room muna, I think that's the weakest link in my system right now.

Most HORN Users don't seem to find the need for room/ccoustic treatment. Horn seem to react less to room/walls/ceilings. I think it is due to the properties of compression drivers used in horns drivers. $$$AVING$$$$ ;)
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby luismorizono » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm

good afternoon. newbie in wiredstate. how much po pair ng harana v2 w/ jbl 077 - beyma 15" speakers?

ty! luis :clap:
luismorizono
Citizen
Citizen

Return to >> HARANA AUDIO / SET-UP / TONO <<