Drivers License Renewal

Drivers License Renewal

Postby Noel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 pm

While on holiday in Philippines for the week between Christmas and New year day I will need to renew my expired drivers license. As I only have a 1 week of leave I do not wish to waste too much time to renew. I know at some LTOs this process can consume half a day. I was wondering if the processing centers like at Megamall would be any quicker. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Drivers License Renewal

Postby muypogi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Noel wrote:While on holiday in Philippines for the week between Christmas and New year day I will need to renew my expired drivers license. As I only have a 1 week of leave I do not wish to waste too much time to renew. I know at some LTOs this process can consume half a day. I was wondering if the processing centers like at Megamall would be any quicker. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

They generally take less than half a day. Your only problem is if you get an alert from MMDA. If you do, then you will have to go to the MMDA office in Orense and pay any fines that are due, and then go back to the LTO office to resume your license renewal. The problem with MMDA is that they tag you but don't have the decency to mail you for your offense, or offer any proof that you did do the offense. Most people just grumble and pay up whatever fees there is and are on their way.

That happened to me the last time I renewed, and it took me 2 days, since I had to spend 3 hours in the MMDA lining up, as I had my license renewed during lunch time. Siyempre, pagkatapos sa MMDA, sarado na LTO office sa MRT Ayala Station.

But if you come in morning and may MMDA alert ka, you may be able to complete it in just 1 day.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Jon Agner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 pm

It took me at most 2 hours to have my license renewed at the LTO office in Megamall, including drug testing. However, I had my license renewed on the day my license expired, so I did not encounter problems.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby Noel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Jon Agner wrote:It took me at most 2 hours to have my license renewed at the LTO office in Megamall, including drug testing. However, I had my license renewed on the day my license expired, so I did not encounter problems.

Last time 3 years ago I recall initially trying at Megamall LTO outlet but their queue for drug testing was so congested I went to the Pasig LTO instead, w/c was much less crowded. Baka na tiempo lang.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Postby O.D. Yeo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

An alternative in the area is SM HyperMart, down Julia Vargas on C-5.
My guess is that waiting and processing time there might be better than MegaMall.
O.D. Yeo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby narayan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:56 pm

robinson galleria is also normally not congested
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby cia » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:06 am

If you are in the south, you may want to go to the Alabang Town Center LTO, aircon pa.
cia
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Noel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

I think I will try Galleria first, between this and Megamall this probably has the better chance of being less crowded.
Noel
Citizen
Citizen

Return to BUSINESS MATTERS