Postby vintage_dog » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

mine:

globe, pldt/smart, smc, ayala, ayala land, bdo, bpi

how about yours?
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ricky » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 pm

meg,rlc,smph,col,ni,t,mwc- sadly everythings losing right now except for MWC :shock: :)
Last edited by ricky on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricky
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiostar » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:42 pm

SMC, ALI, BPI, GMA-7
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Re: your local stocks portfolio

Postby kabubi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:44 pm

vintage_dog wrote:mine:

globe, pldt/smart, smc, ayala, ayala land, bdo, bpi

how about yours?

panay blue chip!

no one invested in the mining industry?
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby conspicuous » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:15 pm

i should ask philam :? i just use their mutual funds instrument which is heavy on the PSE and let them absorb the stress of buy and sell. great returns over the long run :wink: :D
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Superman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 pm

GMA-7, Pepsi, Phoenix :D
Superman
Master Showman

Postby ridgeline » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:21 pm

how about this one....

coat - company name chemrez
main product ----biodiesel---- :wink:
ridgeline

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 pm

conspicuous wrote:i just use their mutual funds instrument which is heavy on the PSE and let them absorb the stress of buy and sell. great returns over the long run :wink: :D

No more direct buying, selling, monitoring of individuals stocks for me. :evil: During the bull run, during FVR's time, I used to do this while at work. :twisted: It came to a point that I had a radio in my office cubicle, and would listen to stock qoutes every 30 minutes. :twisted: :twisted: I ended up not doing my job anymore, but just play the stock market. :twisted: :twisted: Hell, I made more money than I my usual salary, which by the way funded my audio sickness back then. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

I don't do that no more, for me its also mutual funds. 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby zenaudio » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm guessing it's time to get back to the stock market or equity mutual funds...
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:33 am

zenaudio wrote:I'm guessing it's time to get back to the stock market or equity mutual funds...

i hope our investor bankers-members can share some tips...
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby marty_e » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50 am

vintage_dog wrote:
zenaudio wrote:I'm guessing it's time to get back to the stock market or equity mutual funds...

i hope our investor bankers-members can share some tips...

Bottom fishing is a hopelessly impossible task.

Putting your eggs in one basket is bad enough. Putting your eggs in ONE basket at ONE time is worse. The way to navigate through these volatile market conditions is to invest in a fund that matches your risk profile regularly.

Put aside your investible funds and buy shares in your fund of choice on a monthly/weekly basis. That way, you're able to capture NAV's at various times throughout the year.

Just to shed some light on market conditions today - the market Price/earnings ratio is at 10.5x 09 earnings. Traditionally, we trade at between 14x and 16x. We are the 2nd or 3rd worst performing market in Asia ex-Japan.

Our market is clearly oversold and leading indicators on whether we are about to turnaround would be the performance on the Thai and Indo markets. Keep an eye in those and you'll have an idea if we are to recover soon. Certainly, upside favors the downside today.
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:29 pm

marty_e wrote:Put aside your investible funds and buy shares in your fund of choice on a monthly/weekly basis. That way, you're able to capture NAV's at various times throughout the year.

This is good advice to heed.

marty_e wrote:Just to shed some light on market conditions today - the market Price/earnings ratio is at 10.5x 09 earnings. Traditionally, we trade at between 14x and 16x...
Certainly, upside favors the downside today.

A good time to 'average out' any investments made previously. :)
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Having posted the above :) I do find the article below very interesting.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article4022091.ece

What could be next black swan (or white swan)?
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:03 am

zenaudio wrote:Having posted the above :) I do find the article below very interesting.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article4022091.ece

What could be next black swan (or white swan)?

Do PM me if you find out Nes!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby zenaudio » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:05 am

I will, Jack! :D
And I'll be a very rich man by then! :lol:
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mickey » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Marty,

Do you think the market has a chance of recovering soon with inflation affecting the world. With China and is it India who just increased their gas prices, and with the thin margins of businesses there cost of all products should go up soon. And without any alternatve energy or new facilities to pump oil out of these new finds around the corner, seems like high oil prices are here to stay and would prolong or worsen the current econimic situation.
Is there anything other than oil that can save the world economy? just looking for a signal that says, "this is the bottom and things will get better now!"
Maybe we can discuss this over a few bottles of beer. hehe
mickey
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marty_e » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:42 am

http://wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19144

Hi Mickey, long time no hear. Here's some food for thought regarding beer...

Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it's an oncoming train. It's an exaggeration but indeed, times are tough for capital markets globally.

The short answer is there could still be short term downside to this market. Boom and bust cycles here in the Philippines are fortunately short and dips come with rebounds within a few months. Thus, at 2,4XX today, program yourself to participate in the market until perhaps 2,2XX. Buy good companies with decent valuations and look for dividend yield. Or buy into a UITF or Mutual Fund with a good track record.

The Philippines is the 3rd worst performing market in the region. I suppose with an aggregate 20% return over the last 5 years, it becomes easy to sell. Only Vietnam and China have performed worse where recent gains have been larger.

Key metrics to look out for - receding oil and commodity prices, opinions on the US economy NOT going into recession, stable domestic inflation. once these are in place, perhaps the market should be looking up...
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mickey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Marty!

Thanks for the inputs.

You should join us for dinner with Jovy and the rest of the boys so we can have a nice discussion on the economy and other stuff. like the eat bulaga girl.

I was wondering what brought this HSBC guy to say that the peso will go down to 52 next year. I'm hoping that the reverse happens with the BPO, mining exports and OFW remittances growing. If not thats another downer.
mickey
Citizen
Citizen

Postby marty_e » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am

Hey Mickey, all you have to do is invite. I heard you prepare a mean steamed crab dish. I'm all for that... Of course, talk on global economics will have to wait after the meal in order to keep the appetite intact :D
marty_e
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 pm

mickey wrote:Hi Marty!

You should join us for dinner with Jovy and the rest of the boys so we can have a nice discussion on the economy and other stuff. like the eat bulaga girl.

yeah, i'll be all ears! :wink:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to BUSINESS MATTERS