** CARS! **

Photography, travel, watches, bikes, sports, cooking, books, etc...anything that keeps you busy other than audio... :-)

Moderator: audiostar

Re: ** CARS! **

Postby kabubi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 am

desmo wrote:Ouch. A couple of 355's, a 360, a Testarossa, and a Challenge Stradale. How do you prang 5 Ferraris in one go?

when they all try to overtake a Toyota Prius
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby zenaudio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 am

This would make a nice Christmas gift. All tied up with a ribbon and a card. :)

zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 am

will you buy this if it goes on production?
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby georgepogi69 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 pm

i happened to pass by the BMW roadshow over at Suntec Convention center Singapore....

and the star of the show, the all new BMW Vision Efficient Dynamic Hybrid Car starring also from the movie "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4 : THE GHOST PROTOCOL"...."you can see but you cannot touch, once you touch it, considered sold"... :lol: :lol: :rofl: ...as usual the ignoramus singaporeans,malays and indians cannot be denied... :x :puke: ...
laki ng rims..
very nice see thru doors
georgepogi69
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Nicadraus » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 am

I'd like to share some shots I took of cars...

Some pics were taken from my old crappy phone cam while I shot the others with P&S and DSLR cameras. So please bear with the blurry images of some cars. Hehehe! :lol:

:)
Nicadraus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dimfer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:39 pm

gelvi wrote:After a 4 month wait for our custom order, we finally receive our car yesterday which will be used primarily by my better half. Please note that I have to remove the plate number and my son's face for privacy reasons.

BMW X5 E70 7-Seater Sports Innovation 2011 model (Life Cycle Impulse [LCI] Update Jul 2011)

very nice.. love your wheel setup. my cousin has exact same thing in hers.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm

gelvi wrote:After a 4 month wait for our custom order, we finally receive our car yesterday which will be used primarily by my better half. Please note that I have to remove the plate number and my son's face for privacy reasons.

BMW X5 E70 7-Seater Sports Innovation 2011 model (Life Cycle Impulse [LCI] Update Jul 2011)

very nice.. love your wheel setup. my cousin has exact same thing in hers.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm

we had a nice day last Saturday, it inspired me to attach my little Sanyo vid cam to the back of my Cayenne to capture the exhaust note with the sports exhaust mode.

we were supposed to be visiting my in-laws who are 1.5 kms away. as we were driving out of our cul de sac, my wife noticed a suspicious looking van driving around, that's why I had to turn around and drop her off.

so here's the video - start up, backing out of garage, driving a block and turning around, back to our crescent, dropping off wife, out again and a little hataw, back to home, pick up wife and off to my in-law. di makahataw masyado kasi palaging may sasakyan in front of me. I have to do this on a Sunday morning, when the road is clear and everybody in the neighbourhood is sleeping..

I think I mounted the camera to high and should have pointed it downwards... and set the cam to eliminate the windnoise.. well, next time

dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mamimili » Sat May 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Carroll Shelby passed away, 89 years young, legend in his own time.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby dimfer » Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Mamimili wrote:Carroll Shelby passed away, 89 years young, legend in his own time.

you think a signed 1000 hp Shelby 1000 will only accumulate in value?
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 pm

I have oficially added running Gumball 3000 to my bucket list

dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Sun May 27, 2012 6:46 am

Back to local programming... :)

What do you guys think of the new 2012 Honda CRV? Below is a photo grabbed from the web. I have seen a couple of them on the road, and I have mixed feelings about the tailgate design. It looks smaller too.

How about the new Subaru XV? (photo below also grabbed) I've also seen a few on the road and it looks sporty. But it seems kinda small compared to its peers. I heard waiting list is long.

If you were to choose, which one would you pick?
Not that I'm buying, I intend to keep my 2007 CRV for a loooong time. :)
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Sun May 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Happened to be at Rockwell today and saw the Subaru XV on display.

Tried the driver's seat -- quite nice. Moonroof is standard. The second row is a bit tight on legroom and headroom if you're tall. The boot/trunk is a little small, a golf bag may not fit without folding the rear seat.

It's not an SUV, more like a hatchback with a bit higher ground clearance. More a fun ride/toy, an alternative to a BMW X1 or Volvo C30. Apparently the waiting list is 200 long. :o
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dimfer » Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

I must agreee that the symmetry of the lines of the previous CR-V is better than the new one
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby merlin » Sun May 27, 2012 11:45 pm

[quote="zenaudio"]Back to local programming... :)

What do you guys think of the new 2012 Honda CRV? Below is a photo grabbed from the web. I have seen a couple of them on the road, and I have mixed feelings about the tailgate design. It looks smaller too.

They designed it to be more aero dynamic and downgraded the 2.0 liter engine to SOHC. A bit pricey at the moment since it is CBU Japan like the new Civic and Mazda. Prices are expected to go down as soon as Thailand is able to supply again.
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby muypogi » Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 am

merlin wrote:
zenaudio wrote:Back to local programming... :)

They designed it to be more aero dynamic and downgraded the 2.0 liter engine to SOHC. A bit pricey at the moment since it is CBU Japan like the new Civic and Mazda. Prices are expected to go down as soon as Thailand is able to supply again.

Is it just me or parang na-hire ng Honda yung designer ng Ssangyong?

muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Octaver » Mon May 28, 2012 12:58 pm

zenaudio wrote:Happened to be at Rockwell today and saw the Subaru XV on display.

Tried the driver's seat -- quite nice. Moonroof is standard. The second row is a bit tight on legroom and headroom if you're tall. The boot/trunk is a little small, a golf bag may not fit without folding the rear seat.

It's not an SUV, more like a hatchback with a bit higher ground clearance. More a fun ride/toy, an alternative to a BMW X1 or Volvo C30. Apparently the waiting list is 200 long. :o

It's a Crossover. I will choose Subaru (SXV) compared to CRV for Safety and Handling (Fun to drive).
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Octaver » Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 pm

It's a Crossover. I will choose Subaru (SXV) compared to CRV for Safety and Handling (Fun to drive).

Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby desmo » Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 pm

They should put a turbo on that Subaru so it can go as fast as it looks.
desmo
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Octaver » Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 pm

desmo wrote:They should put a turbo on that Subaru so it can go as fast as it looks.

Then nobody will buy Forrester :rofl:
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to HOBBIES (non-Audio)