** Biking... (Road, Tri and/or Mountain) **

Photography, travel, watches, bikes, sports, cooking, books, etc...anything that keeps you busy other than audio... :-)

Moderator: audiostar

Re: ** Biking... (Road, Tri and/or Mountain) **

Postby rtsyrtsy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:11 am

conspicuous wrote:Bro, you back in the Philippines and live in the south? Sorry, i don't check WS that often and last I remember you were working in the middle east somewhere (Dubai?) :)

Yup. After 11 years away, I felt that it was time I attended my first November Hi-Fi Show. :-)
rtsyrtsy

Postby dogears » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:06 pm

rtsyrtsy wrote:
dogears wrote:@conspicuous - nice shot bro! Astig. What about a WS [South] Bikers meet at Daang Reyna/Victoria? :D

If Nuvali, I am in. If Daang Hari / Daang Reyna, medyo takot ako. :lol:

Chief, it won't have been called Cycling Strip if its not safe? :) Today I rode the other side and checked the Bilibid/Jamboree Lake (my first time there haha). 10K ride lang.
Nuvali sounds good though :)
dogears
Master
Master

Postby usai » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 pm

@Mael - congrats on your Langkawi bro :clap:
usai
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 pm

dogears wrote:Chief, it won't have been called Cycling Strip if its not safe? :) Today I rode the other side and checked the Bilibid/Jamboree Lake (my first time there haha). 10K ride lang.
Nuvali sounds good though :)

I certainly rushed into judgment on this. Where is this exactly? A quick Google yields a non-working Wikimapia page. Perhaps I will drive by and scout it first.

Cheers!
rtsyrtsy

Postby dogears » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 am

Try wikimapia chief: http://tinyurl.com/o8zw5t6
dogears
Master
Master

Postby dnk » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:43 pm

I too chickened out of biking at daang hari, but this was before I was told about daang reyna. I still haven't tried biking there but with the corroborating statement above, why not!

I did some biking at MoA early mornings during weekdays and it was great. It can get a little crowded sometimes and so I opted to start biking mid-morning, when most of the others were done. Be it early morning or mid morning, there are some instances where a motorist or a pedestrian can create a "stir" that may potentially cause an accident. People really hate it when the vehicle causing the stir is driven by a fellow biker.

Nuvali is the place I find most enjoyable. Great sights and terrain, relatively safer although a bit far from the metro. The very long downhill slope to Carmelray will surely satisfy the speed demon in you, but keep in mind that its the same way going back. Due to the distance, I don't get to bike there as often as I would like to.

They also close some roads at Filinvest alabang on Sunday mornings for bikes and runners. I have jogged there several times but haven't actually biked. I think it would also be a nice place to bike, but only on Sunday mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dnk » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Mid-morning ride with amonv at Nuvali.

dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby conspicuous » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

usai wrote:@Mael - congrats on your Langkawi bro :clap:

Thanks Jan! That's a tick on my bucket list. Not in any rush to do another. :lol: :D
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby merlin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:19 pm

dnk wrote:Mid-morning ride with amonv at Nuvali.

Payat mo na Dan! :clap:
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby sumnerbrowne » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:55 am

EsoTec wrote:Hi guys, I've been in and out of here with all sorts of different things occupying my time in between like biking (and work |( ) but I'll always love audio and will always find wiredstate my home. So how about a jersey to remind us everytime and so we recognize each other outside.

With permission from VD and the other WS masters of course. What do you think? ;)

I wonder when this would finally be available for sale. Ditto with a corresponding running shirt.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Who carries Powertap in the Philippines? I'm interested in their newly announced power meter pedal. Google search and Powertap's website list no local distributor. Thanks in advance!
rtsyrtsy

Postby conspicuous » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Anyone going to Cebu for the Ironman 70.3 this August 2016?
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby IbisSilkSL » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 am

sumnerbrowne wrote:
EsoTec wrote:Hi guys, I've been in and out of here with all sorts of different things occupying my time in between like biking (and work |( ) but I'll always love audio and will always find wiredstate my home. So how about a jersey to remind us everytime and so we recognize each other outside.

With permission from VD and the other WS masters of course. What do you think? ;)

I wonder when this would finally be available for sale. Ditto with a corresponding running shirt.

Second the motion. With all the bad vibes from COVID, now would be a great time!
IbisSilkSL

Previous

Return to HOBBIES (non-Audio)