Who Has Tried Imagesmith PictureBooks?

Photography, travel, watches, bikes, sports, cooking, books, etc...anything that keeps you busy other than audio... :-)

Moderator: audiostar

Who Has Tried Imagesmith PictureBooks?

Postby rtsyrtsy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:04 pm

http://imagesmith.ph/picturebooks-prices/

I normally use iPhoto the order the Photobooks from Apple. I have been very, very happy so far.

But if I can save on shipping and support a local business, why not?

How do you like you Imagesmith Picturebook?

Cheers!
rtsyrtsy

Re: Who Has Tried Imagesmith PictureBooks?

Postby sinar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:18 pm

I use the Fuji color lab along Sto. Domingo street when I had my portfolio book printed. I tried JT Photo along Pasong Tamo in Makati but I still preferred Fuji in Sto. Domingo. Better color rendition and more details in shadows.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi Jeannie,

Ano pricing nila? My Father-in-law is doing a project. :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby muypogi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Picturebooks which you see in malls actually accepts output from iPhoto and Aperture. . . . I use them regularly when I used to do weddings (as the free album) and now for family albums etc.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sinar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:56 pm

JackD201 wrote:Hi Jeannie,

Ano pricing nila? My Father-in-law is doing a project. :)

Hi Jack. I can't remember their prices but I know they're cheaper than JT Photo. Their maximum output though is only 12x12 inches whereas JT can print up to 11x14.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:33 am

PM please contact info Jeannie dear :) Baka puwede rin recommendation for a quality printer for another project. Lumalaki na yung mga bata, balak namin mag picture wall sa bahay. Thanks!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:28 am

sinar wrote:I use the Fuji color lab along Sto. Domingo street when I had my portfolio book printed. I tried JT Photo along Pasong Tamo in Makati but I still preferred Fuji in Sto. Domingo. Better color rendition and more details in shadows.

I used to buy my Superia in bulk from there, especially before a trip / big event. Yun yung mga trips na I went out to buy film pero pag-uwi mas madaming Betty's Sans Rival na-uwi!

Any idea on their photobook and print pricing? I tried Googling, they don't seem to have a website.

JackD, I am putting together a photowall (hence my previous thread about framing). Canvass wraps sana pero at ~PhP3k per 16x20, at di naman ako talented photographer (with even less post-processing skills), DIY inkjet prints na lang. The PhP50k printer from Canon was yummy (Pro 100 nga ba or Pro 10) but again, $$$. I got the A3-capable Pixma 8770. Happy naman so far.
rtsyrtsy

Postby sinar » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:11 pm

@Jack and @rtsyrtsy

Fuji Sto. Domingo 743-6601 and ask to be connected to the lab. Call and ask na lang about their current pricing. I can't remember na kasi.

If you guys plan to have a photo printed and framed, I suggest go to Ross Capili or his wife Ellen at One Workshop Gallery at LRI Design Plaza Suite 324, Nicanor Garcia Street (Reposo), Bel-Air II. Contact no. is 836 8799.

He does archival prints on different types of paper (photographic and watercolor museum quality paper) and in house framing. They're quite expensive compared to others but worth it.

Fuji can also do regular prints but only on photographic and metallic paper. You have to bring it to a separate shop for framing.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks Jeannie! :*

Russ, you are too modest! I've seen your shots! My wife is joking me that I won't have any pictures of myself on that wall. Para daw akong multo. Kapag maylumabas na camera bigla akong nawawala! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jazzmanoy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:09 pm

JackD201 wrote:.............Para daw akong multo. Kapag maylumabas na camera bigla akong nawawala! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ... reminds me of a relative. Many were asking him why but he cant give a definitive reason. Bakit nga ba?? :o :lol:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am

sinar wrote:@Jack and @rtsyrtsy

Fuji Sto. Domingo 743-6601 and ask to be connected to the lab. Call and ask na lang about their current pricing. I can't remember na kasi.

If you guys plan to have a photo printed and framed, I suggest go to Ross Capili or his wife Ellen at One Workshop Gallery at LRI Design Plaza Suite 324, Nicanor Garcia Street (Reposo), Bel-Air II. Contact no. is 836 8799.

He does archival prints on different types of paper (photographic and watercolor museum quality paper) and in house framing. They're quite expensive compared to others but worth it.

Fuji can also do regular prints but only on photographic and metallic paper. You have to bring it to a separate shop for framing.

'
Thank you for the contact details. One Workshop at LRI is actually accessible to me. Will surely check that out for my photowall options. As for Fuji in Sto. Domingo, I would need extra motivation to brave the traffic from Muntinlupa. Perhaps Googling the latest eating places in Banawe would do the trick. Or a visit to joe3rp's QC digs. :-)
rtsyrtsy

Postby sinar » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:
sinar wrote:@Jack and @rtsyrtsy

'
Thank you for the contact details. One Workshop at LRI is actually accessible to me. Will surely check that out for my photowall options. As for Fuji in Sto. Domingo, I would need extra motivation to brave the traffic from Muntinlupa. Perhaps Googling the latest eating places in Banawe would do the trick. Or a visit to joe3rp's QC digs. :-)

to make it worth the trip, have a lunch of crab at fook yuen along banawe. :) and order at least 800gms -1kl of crab.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 am

Jazzmanoy wrote:
JackD201 wrote:.............Para daw akong multo. Kapag maylumabas na camera bigla akong nawawala! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ... reminds me of a relative. Many were asking him why but he cant give a definitive reason. Bakit nga ba?? :o :lol:

In my case I hate staying still to pose. Lalo na yung fabled pinoy "Isa pa! isa pa! Kamera ko naman!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jazzmanoy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:55 am

JackD201 wrote:
Jazzmanoy wrote:

In my case I hate staying still to pose. Lalo na yung fabled pinoy "Isa pa! isa pa! Kamera ko naman!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

.......more :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on that one :lol:
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Return to HOBBIES (non-Audio)