** Biking... (Road, Tri and/or Mountain) **

Photography, travel, watches, bikes, sports, cooking, books, etc...anything that keeps you busy other than audio... :-)

Moderator: audiostar

First Maldea Roadie

Postby muypogi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:32 am

After 3 or so months of waiting, just showing my newly completed Ave Maldea road bike project:

Mainit-init pa from Christys . . .

Using:

Ave Maldea 48 frame (Columbus Zona)
Ultegra Di2
Fulcrum Racing Quattro (with free Hutchinson tires)
Shimano Pro handlebars
Chris King headset
Uno aluminium stem
Fizik saddle
Shimano A520 pedals
Lizardskins bar tape

Weight: 20.25 lbs . . .
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: ** Biking... (Road, Tri and/or Mountain) **

Postby muypogi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:20 pm

posting lang . . . now officially a Maldea roadie . .

muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Octaver » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:26 pm

muypogi wrote:posting lang . . . now officially a Maldea roadie . .

Nice road Bike! inspires me to make one too!
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dimfer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 pm

cool biking vid

dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mayongmd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey muypogi. That's a nice looking Maldea! Ganda nang pagkakagawa. Did Mr. Maldea do the fork too? I think I'm going for an Ave soon. I still like the classic look of steel and lugs. Thanks for sharing.
mayongmd

Postby merlin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:58 pm

muypogi wrote:posting lang . . . now officially a Maldea roadie . .

very nice Moi :clap:
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby dnk » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Tour de Balayan Road Bike happening this weekend.

Category 2 (Executive) is <50km. Come on guys, lets ride! (special mention kay Merlin)
dnk
Citizen
Citizen

Postby noctilux » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:52 am

My King of the Mountain updated with custom finish bars/stem/saddle and Lightweight Ventoux wheelset!

During the last storm that hit Manila, cabin fever was avoided by my DIY KOM finish on my handlebar/stem/saddle. I had stickers done couple of weeks earlier and stuck these on with clearcoat on top.

With my dream mountain wheelset:
noctilux
Citizen
Citizen

Postby merlin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

dnk wrote:Tour de Balayan Road Bike happening this weekend.

Category 2 (Executive) is <50km. Come on guys, lets ride! (special mention kay Merlin)

Hi Dan, Seryosohan na yan :clap:
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby Jazzmanoy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:25 pm

noctilux wrote:My King of the Mountain updated with custom finish bars/stem/saddle and Lightweight Ventoux wheelset!

During the last storm that hit Manila, cabin fever was avoided by my DIY KOM finish on my handlebar/stem/saddle. I had stickers done couple of weeks earlier and stuck these on with clearcoat on top.

With my dream mountain wheelset:

Very creative maestro!!!! Takaw tingin talaga. Surely a standout among your Colnago gang. I'm not sure though how long that saddle job will stand but truly was an amazing idea. :clap: :clap: :clap: Go ride safely my friend. :)
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Can someone please share some info on riding in MoA in the early mornings on weekdays? What is the route? Where do you park--properly? Can you ride solo or must you be in a group?

Ditto for available loops during the weekends in the South (Alabang). I hear about Daang Hari and Nuvali but do not have any further info?

Thanks in advance!
rtsyrtsy

Postby muypogi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:41 am

rtsyrtsy wrote:Can someone please share some info on riding in MoA in the early mornings on weekdays? What is the route? Where do you park--properly? Can you ride solo or must you be in a group?

Ditto for available loops during the weekends in the South (Alabang). I hear about Daang Hari and Nuvali but do not have any further info?

Thanks in advance!

In the South, Nuvali can be a simple 30km loop from parking to parking. I prefer Nuvali as it's a relatively safe environment with wide paved roads and sparse traffic. Maganda sa Nuvali madaming hills and false flats, so it's a good workout.

Daang Hari has more route alternatives pero highway kasi, unlike Nuvali which is essentially a large subdivision development.

MOA I have not biked there pero it is also popular. Ikot ka lang ng ikot though sa grounds sa reclaimed area.
muypogi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 am

muypogi wrote:In the South, Nuvali can be a simple 30km loop from parking to parking. I prefer Nuvali as it's a relatively safe environment with wide paved roads and sparse traffic. Maganda sa Nuvali madaming hills and false flats, so it's a good workout.

Thanks! A friend had already said we will try this together. Will report back what I find.

muypogi wrote:Daang Hari has more route alternatives pero highway kasi, unlike Nuvali which is essentially a large subdivision development.

Highway means this is a no-no for me. I love cycling but I value my life more. :-)

muypogi wrote:MOA I have not biked there pero it is also popular. Ikot ka lang ng ikot though sa grounds sa reclaimed area.

I found another friend who does this regularly. 2.5km lang daw. So indeed, ikot ng ikot. I see a lot of cars on the side of the road na mukhang hindi naman talga puwede mag-park pero siguro tinotolerate lang till the restaurants / offices open.
rtsyrtsy

Postby dogears » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:39 pm

The stretch of Daang Reyna 'Cycling Strip' is safer - approximately 2.5km all the way to Victoria Ave (where you can then have some nice lugaw and tokwa't baboy) :D If you're on a mountain bike or tour bike - you can try the hilly stretch of Victoria Ave all the way to Magsaysay Rd or around the Golf Course. Victoria Ave is like a spread out Cardiac Hill.

edit: may bike tiangge din nga pala dun :)
dogears
Master
Master

Postby conspicuous » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Nuvali is a really good training ground especially on Sunday when there's less traffic. I still bring a whistle with me just in case there are wayward cars or jeeps. Daang Hari itself is too dangerous for my liking especially when Maynilad was working on the road making it narrower. But Daang Reyna is a good out and back 5km loop especially since it is 10 minutes away from my house. Went around that loop for 5 hours once training for the Langkawi Ironman :drunk: After that I got all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad and did all my training on the bike trainer in front of the TV :devil: :D

The 180km bike leg of the Langkawi Ironman in Malaysia was very hilly in some places with monkeys and monitor lizards crossing the road. Here's a shot somewhere along the route:

conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby northwardnimbus » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:43 pm

new old bikes. got them from pampanga. all vintage
northwardnimbus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dogears » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:06 pm

@conspicuous - nice shot bro! Astig. What about a WS [South] Bikers meet at Daang Reyna/Victoria? :D
dogears
Master
Master

Postby conspicuous » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm

dogears wrote:@conspicuous - nice shot bro! Astig. What about a WS [South] Bikers meet at Daang Reyna/Victoria? :D

Sounds good! But maybe after a month as i rest up hehe :D
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 pm

dogears wrote:@conspicuous - nice shot bro! Astig. What about a WS [South] Bikers meet at Daang Reyna/Victoria? :D

If Nuvali, I am in. If Daang Hari / Daang Reyna, medyo takot ako. :lol:
rtsyrtsy

Postby conspicuous » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:18 pm

rtsyrtsy wrote:

If Nuvali, I am in. If Daang Hari / Daang Reyna, medyo takot ako. :lol:

Bro, you back in the Philippines and live in the south? Sorry, i don't check WS that often and last I remember you were working in the middle east somewhere (Dubai?) :)
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to HOBBIES (non-Audio)