Silence is golden

Val Villanueva's special audio forum

Moderator: audiostar

Re: Silence is golden

Postby plasticman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 pm

JackD201 wrote:Congratulations to Val and JAA for another job well done. Sayang lang guwapo na kayo, Doc Tristan can not repay you in kind using his medical expertise :D

I already loved Tristan's sound in his old place, I can't imagine what it sounds like now!

Val, I wrote something here about the value of isolation being the final frontier or something like that. A lot of people still think it is voodoo even some audiophile friends abroad who've invested mind boggling amounts of money on their systems. Well, yun nga. When a system can do really low bass this gets into every component and every component develops hash and grit when their parts get vibrating. Yet another great article from you my friend.

you're right sir Jack! The low bass c/o the Rythmiks made everything in the room shake, rattle and roll! I even had to rearrange some stuff inside the drawers and the cabinets to prevent them from rattling. Sobrang odyopayl na kasi kung pati yun lalagyan ko pa ng spikes or iso-pods!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby plasticman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 pm

AUDIO8 wrote:Maybe it's doc tristan SECOND to the last upgrade MAY ORPHEUS pa :tmi: :tmi: :tmi: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oist Boss Teddy!

How about IKAW na lang ang mag-Orpheus at ibenta mo na lang sa akin yang gamit mo ngayon!

Tutal, "mani-mani" lang naman ang katapat nyan sa iyo eh! :rofl:
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Chuckyboy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 pm

AUDIO8 wrote:Maybe it's doc tristan SECOND to the last upgrade MAY ORPHEUS pa :tmi: :tmi: :tmi: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+ 1

ORpheus L in the very near future for you Doc??!? :up: :up: :up:
Chuckyboy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:25 pm

plasticman wrote:

oist Boss Teddy!

How about IKAW na lang ang mag-Orpheus at ibenta mo na lang sa akin yang gamit mo ngayon!

Tutal, "mani-mani" lang naman ang katapat nyan sa iyo eh! :rofl:

hep hep....me pirma na yan cart ni boss teddy :P
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby narayan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

plasticman wrote:
narayan wrote:Congrats to val and doc tristan :clap: bullet day madidinig ko din yang enhanced set-up mo ;)

Sir Narayan,

U and the payatas boys are more than welcome to come over for a session.

Just say when!!!

Tnx doc. Pls PM na lang kung kelan convenient sa inyo & bahala nako maghakot ng audience :lol: :devil: :D
narayan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby plasticman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Chuckyboy wrote:

+ 1

ORpheus L in the very near future for you Doc??!? :up: :up: :up:

Malabo na yang Orpheus na yan!

Ito pa lang ngang Phoenix eh hindi ko pa tinatanong ang presyo. Kinakabahan akong baka bumigay ang puso ko kapag nalaman ko! And from what I hear, the orpheus is double the value of the phoenix :o
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby philpath » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Doc Tristan "odyopayl na odyopayl yan ah"!!!! Spikes pati mga furniture at drawers :D :D :D Congrats!
philpath
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Hoy get in line! Ilang buwan ko nang hinihintay ang Orpheus ko ha! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Billabong » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:14 pm

narayan wrote:
plasticman wrote:
narayan wrote:Congrats to val and doc tristan :clap: bullet day madidinig ko din yang enhanced set-up mo ;)

Sir Narayan,

U and the payatas boys are more than welcome to come over for a session.

Just say when!!!

Tnx doc. Pls PM na lang kung kelan convenient sa inyo & bahala nako maghakot ng audience :lol: :devil: :D

Sama ako! ;)
Billabong
Citizen
Citizen

Postby randybarba » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 pm

plasticman wrote:Hi doc randy!

I'm using voodoo iso-pods too under the granite slab on which the spiked TT sits. Very effective in drastically reducing the effect of footfalls from reaching the cartridge!

Tsaka very affordable pa (yung iso-pods, yung cart - pwede naman yata pakiusapan mga friendly sulsultants mo para gumaan-gaan :lol: ) :). Congrats nga pala on achieving the sound you've been aiming for: all around, full dynamic range, kahit ano plaka isalang - ayus :rock:
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm

JackD201 wrote:Congratulations to Val and JAA for another job well done. Sayang lang guwapo na kayo, Doc Tristan can not repay you in kind using his medical expertise :D

I already loved Tristan's sound in his old place, I can't imagine what it sounds like now!

Val, I wrote something here about the value of isolation being the final frontier or something like that. A lot of people still think it is voodoo even some audiophile friends abroad who've invested mind boggling amounts of money on their systems. Well, yun nga. When a system can do really low bass this gets into every component and every component develops hash and grit when their parts get vibrating. Yet another great article from you my friend.

Thanks for your kind words Jack :) Your piece about isolation being the final frontier left no doubt about the paramount of isolating sound equipment from one another and from where they are to be placed. It's more common sense than rocket science really. Vibrations no matter how minute they may be cause degradation in sonics. Not only that, you just can't let your speakers cause furniture breakdowns every now and then, yes? The beauty here is there are lot of isolation tools in the market today and most of them work. Take your pick and choose the one which can give you the most benefit without necessarily emptying your pockets :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby Superman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Since were at it...just saw this...magnetic levitation isolation:

COOL!!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby jadis » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 pm

I suddenly recall now, on the topic of TT isolation - that my friend/musician Eric Dimson, in one instance when the late Mang Dima brought me over to listen, once had the most RADICAL isolation solution to his TT which if I remember right was a direct drive. He placed his TT at another room (which was like a walk in closet) that was directly beside his pre-amp rack. I remember he had to 'disappear' from the main listening room while he cued in the stylus to the record. Then he would run back to the room to join us while a few seconds of the LP had begun. In these days of digital and server, it sounds really impractical even then and now, but to those with extra money, the solution to this radical isolation set up is to hire a HUMAN REMOTE CONTROL (HRC). :D :D
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby plasticman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Superman wrote:Since were at it...just saw this...magnetic levitation isolation:

COOL!!

Nice! I was thinking of a diy magnetic floating platform very similar to that. I figured, the large vertical excursion due to a footfall can easily be "eaten up" by the air gap. It's just a matter of finding good powerful magnets and our resident woodwork wizards can handle the rest.
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JAA » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm

audiostar wrote:

Thanks for your kind words Jack :) Your piece about isolation being the final frontier left no doubt about the paramount of isolating sound equipment from one another and from where they are to be placed. It's more common sense than rocket science really. Vibrations no matter how minute they may be cause degradation in sonics. Not only that, you just can't let your speakers cause furniture breakdowns every now and then, yes? The beauty here is there are lot of isolation tools in the market today and most of them work. Take your pick and choose the one which can give you the most benefit without necessarily emptying your pockets :)

Thanks Jack! Our passion for better sonics drives us to persevere and overcome our frustration. Everything worked well with ease on our first visit at Doc Tristan's place in doing the triamp configuration and matching his single Kef sub to the system. Rythmik subs installation was a different story. All knob turning tweaks we did to the sub for system integration were useless. It was then after we discovered that the sweet and addictive subsonic frequencies coming from the subs are radiating to the cart. Bingo! Then, the isolation stories follow. :)
JAA
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Superman wrote:Since were at it...just saw this...magnetic levitation isolation:

COOL!!

Mr. Bigtime Superman, magnetic levitation ba? How about these thingies:

Meron niyan for sale si Benny Hill. :devil:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby qguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 am

Congrats

Another dual Rythmik setup, hows the break in going ? Napagiisip tuloy ako na mag dual Rythmiks and gawin stands ng bookshelf ko yung subs :devil:
qguy
Master
Master

Postby plasticman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 am

qguy wrote:Congrats

Another dual Rythmik setup, hows the break in going ? Napagiisip tuloy ako na mag dual Rythmiks and gawin stands ng bookshelf ko yung subs :devil:

Thanks qguy!

If u'r considering placing ur bookshelf speakers on dual subs then you should go listen to JAA's setup. He has Sequerra monitors on top of diy JL Audio subs and the results are not only fantastic but they also throw a mind boggling soundstage! It's something u have to hear and experience first hand. No amount of description will suffice
plasticman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby audiostar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Q, if budget permits upgrading to stereo subs is the way to go. You'll be afforded with a well defined soundstage and uncluttered reproduction of bass notes. Of course, this is purely based on my personal observation, so i would advise that you audition the subs first before making a final decision :-)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby qguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Twin 15 inch Rythmiks, Seriously I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it !!!
qguy
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to audiostar's corner