Music album reviews/Taylor Swift is angry

Val Villanueva's special audio forum

Moderator: audiostar

Re: Music album reviews/Taylor Swift is angry

Postby audiostar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 am

jadis wrote:Very revealing and interesting article, Val. Taylor is one of the few artists to come out of my son's ipod that I truly can relate and comprehend. :lol: Very nice young voice and from the performance on Letterman's show she can emote and use her hand gestures to the max. Very feminine too. I haven't really took time out to listen to most of her music but in time I will. Very refreshing artist. And her multiple Grammys speak for itself. She IS a great star. :clap:

Thanks Phil, yes it is! She's undoubtedly a critically-acclaimed big star. Very few in her age bracket can accomplish such a feat :)

rtsyrtsy wrote:Thanks for this, Val!

I always read your pieces because the paths you explore are different from mine. For example, you seem to have realized a long-time frustration of mine of not having a proper horns and SET system. Ditto for analog where I'm a newbie (who hasn't listened to much analog of late).

Your writing thus makes me feel that I somehow still know what goes on had I taken a different path.

On Taylor Swift, we are on the same page. It was actually my 11 year old daughter and my college-age niece who introduced me to her. They told me that she actually made it a point to finish school despite all her musical talent and raging fame which all the more impressed me.

She is refreshingly honest, I guess we all were when we were 20 and I think we will all enjoy as she sings about her experiences in the coming years.

Thanks for reading my pieces Russell, I'm humbled and at same time encouraged to do better. We may have taken different audio paths; but I'm positive that we'll both reach the same destination: full music enjoyment. On Taylor, it's her innocent view of life and how she deals with it which make her materials connect to critics and fans.

kabubi wrote:ang husay ng pagkakasulat mo ng piyesang ito, brader.

it's one of those writeups that gives me the impression that it didnt take a long time to finish. the syntax is uncomplicated because it doesnt over-analyze things. and the words and sentences have an ebb and flow that is liquid in its quality.

i didnt like Taylor Swift. now, i do. kinda like Alanis Morisette, but not as angry and vengeful.

John Mayer sure has a habit of turning bodies from wonderland to wasteland, eh Val?

Ang lupit naman ng papuri mo brader, nakaka-goosebumps. Many thanks. Naku, John Mayer is infamous for kissing and telling and being a douchebag. Remember what he did to Jennifer Aniston? Rumors had it that it was he who de-virginized Taylor and tore her heart to pieces when he acted as if he didn't know Taylor after he climaxed (para atang may kilala ko na taga WS na ganito rin ang style :lol: ). Take a closer look at these lines:

Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?
The girl in the dress cried the whole way home
I should have known

Hebigat noh?
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby sumnerbrowne » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for the review, Val. Rolling Stone said as much. No one among the existing line up of singer-songwriters (including the classic rock and pop musicians of old) has been able to come up lately with an album which is as meaningful as it is melodic and pleasing to the ears. We're blessed to have her in Manila this Feb. Unfortunately, tickets have sold out as early as December 2010.

Yup, it's Mayer alright that she's alluding to. Check out their body language in several You Tube uploads where they showed up in each other's concerts. The lyrics of "Half of My Heart" (a song she sang with Mayer which got nominated for a Grammy) proved to be prophetic.
sumnerbrowne
Master
Master

Postby audiostar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks for sharing the info Von :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby audiostar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

Watch this and laugh :lol:

audiostar