Ask BOMALABS, & get no BS answers (Bomalabs- C'mon down)

Moderator: bb3

Postby jjm » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:03 am

Magpakain muna yung distributor ng VPI! :roll:
Parang Seacliff yung hangin sa La Vista. :lol:
Last edited by jjm on Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jjm

Postby jadis » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:24 am

Spectral,

good to see you around too, last time we met was in AV Driver, I think. will try
to schedule something once my sked gets a bit loose.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Spectral » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:46 pm

jadis wrote:Spectral,

good to see you around too, last time we met was in AV Driver, I think. will try
to schedule something once my sked gets a bit loose.

Gee Thanks!!! Can't wait for that.
Spectral
Citizen
Citizen

Postby KD » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:03 pm

Seems like the gang's all here. But where is bomalabs?
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby noctilux » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:13 pm

Hey hey bomalabs!
It's great that you finally found time to share your thoughts in this crazy hobby we've had for so long. What I hate about this hobby is when someone approaches you and asks, "Pare, audiophile ka diba?" It's really difficult to answer because your caught between a rock and a hard place. umoo ka man eh parang ang yabang mo at pag humindi ka, sinungaling pa. Of course the next bomb question after that audiophile question is: "Pare ilang watts yung speaker mo? Yung akin kasi 1000 watts eh."

Not meaning to condescend these people but I hate conversing and/or arguing with them about this hobby because a little knowledge can be quite dangerous. That's what I like about this group, Mr. B. People here understand the idiosyncrasies of the craft.

More, more, more, more, Mr. B!

Noctilux
noctilux
Citizen
Citizen

Postby f4ier » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:14 pm

Pare ilang watts yung speaker mo? Yung akin kasi 1000 watts eh.

Oh boy, if I had a dollar for everytime I hear that line, I'd have lots of pizza money :D
f4ier

bomalabs replies

Postby bomalabs » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:33 am

the best answer to that question would be 87 decibels, bakit yun sa iyo, ilan db? Naguusap kami ni RU9 mga ten years ago nga yun mga boombox advertise 2500WATTS PMP which means peak music power but their real amplification is about 35-50 watts. It isn't just a matter of wattage but a matter of sensitivity of the speaker, hence the necessity for a good match. Research, research, research. Don't get advise from just the salesman (he migh just need to meet his quota) or your barkada (he may know as much as you do) get advise from heaven sent sites like wired state. Blessing ito, thanks to guys like Francis S., who put this together and the Internet, without which a lot of people would have gone down the long tedious and expensive route like I did. I have had three Jadis systems, Quad ESL 63's, Audio Reasearch, Dynacos even with v. Alstine upgrade, Spicas, Spendors, LS35As, Sci-Fi,Thats what I remember palang for now. The cables, which I noticed aren't being talked about much here, I consider a component in themselves. We should address that issue as well. Also, I think the various moderators should start holding EB's to discuss different topics. Just informal ones even, where the older guys can discuss their experiences with the hobby with anyone who wants to show up. As the learning level increases, we can start, we can start inviting guest speakers to discuss acoustics, tubes and transistors in-depth, even musicians. Problem is if we do that know, it may not be fully appreciated (i mean to infer nothing here) but we are starting up, so we start from there, why don't we? I am getting a number of inquiries. So why not set up in some venue an afternoon or evening and invite the Tuesday Club over to share their experiences in a panel discussion. I think the club will agree to that. Even just two or three of the members can sit and talk. There you have it. I am offering you our services for free. It's your move.
By the way, I was exchanging email with HP this evening to inqiure on matters pertaining to this audio club and how I could best help it and got sidetracked by him (in typical HP fashion- i think your government made a mistake...) haba na ng usapan oh well, bukas na lang ulit siya. Those who know of him know that he is a very frank person and minces no words, to friend or foe. Sige Ill wait for a reply from the mods. We can also discuss the various tweaks that can make magic come from your sound system.
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hein » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:50 am

Bomalabs, Manny P. galit na galit parang "Hell has no fury like a woman's scorn".
hein
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: bomalabs replies

Postby RU9 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:48 am

bomalabs wrote:the best answer to that question would be 87 decibels, bakit yun sa iyo, ilan db? Naguusap kami ni RU9 mga ten years ago nga yun mga boombox advertise 2500WATTS PMP which means peak music power but their real amplification is about 35-50 watts.

gk, you are definitely back to audio. HOORAY... during that time, audio was at the backseat of your priorities, we were fighting a monopoly. I still remember you saying "ayoko na makinig, sumasakit ang ulo ko".

after ten years I still cannot forget the sound of the guess who's american
woman, janis joplin's summertime and tower of power's sparkling in the sand playing on your megabuck system.

teach me how to get that sound using my 100 thousand savings..:):):)

louie
RU9
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bomalabs » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:10 pm

louie,
PM mo sa akin kung anong gamit mo ngayon, pagusapan natin kung pwede natin gawin dyan. 100k should get you a good sound.
Mabuhay ka!
Heinz what is this fixation you have with some lousy phone people? Lumang balita na yan, kid. Call me naman chismis tayo.
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Hyperion » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:37 pm

Gerry,

What's your email address now?
Hyperion

Postby bomalabs » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:02 pm

I am giving away free protractors for tuning your turntable cartridges. Pls send a stamped, self addressed letter size envelope to Gerry Kaimo, 910W PSE Bldg., Exchange Rd., Pasig City 1605 MM
Make your lives a little easier. Offer good till supply lasts, First come, first served.
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:47 pm

bomalabs wrote:I am giving away free protractors for tuning your turntable cartridges. Pls send a stamped, self addressed letter size envelope to Gerry Kaimo, 910W PSE Bldg., Exchange Rd., Pasig City 1605 MM
Make your lives a little easier. Offer good till supply lasts, First come, first served.

hey gerry, i still have those protractors i got from you years ago. same ones? - printed cardboard 2 point alignment?

thanks.
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bomalabs » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:17 pm

Yes, I just got another batch from Steve.
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby hein » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:58 am

Congratulations MR. BOMALABS. The P D INQUIRER SUNDAY magazine supp featured a full page story on our beloved anti-PLDT zealot. Titled CYBER GADFLY, the WS members can see how our MR. BOMALABS looks like in real life.
hein
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby KD » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:11 am

Hey Gerry, how come I can't see any vinyl in the background? Puro CD!
KD
Legend
Legend

PDI story re pldt.com

Postby bomalabs » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:48 pm

hey thanks for the plug hein, here's the URL

http://beta.inq7.net/sunday/index.php?i ... ry_id=1617

*bbcode is quirky please cut and paste na lang. thanks sorry for the incovenience.
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby KD » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:57 pm

Where's the vinyl, bro? :lol:
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby zach » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:15 pm

mr. pldt.com man!
zach
Fanatic