Beautiful Philippines

NEW!!! exhibit your photo creations here. open to all members.

Moderators: pigdog, tenderobject

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:45 am

correct sir... even Manila is beautiful... di ba? 8)
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby highlander » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

Probably taken atop the old Westin Hotel? :roll:
highlander
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 am

tumpak po sir highlander... 8)
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 am

yes doc,nice place harbor view starbucks and moca blends sometimes dyan kami nagcofee. :?
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:59 am

i agree sir...

Westin Plaza Hotel very memorable to me... way back in the early 80s P100 lang i already have a bottle of San mig & a glass of margarita for my wife plus a plate of pulutan... plus high quality manila band playing live beautiful familiar tunes at siete pecados... we go there every time we finished undergoing major exams in school... a sort of reward to ourselves... 8)
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:00 pm

once again... Boaracay, night shot

handheld, efS 17-55f/2.8IS on 20D, available light, asa pushed to 1600, noiseware applied moderately after photoshopped

bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby dimfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:43 pm

during our last trip, we had to choose between Camiguin & Boracay - we picked Camiguin (because it is quieter and more relaxing). We toured the entire island, it was cool. Hoping to do Boracay and Bohol on our next trip.

dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:24 am

i agree... we were hoping to see Camiguin on our next trip but the group sched it on Boracay again... i want to see the sunken church & the volcanos of Camiguin... well, i hope next time it will be Camiguin... then Batanes, Surigao... oh my, lots of awesome places to see here in our INANG BAYAN

best regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby Audiogeek » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 am

sunrise, cool weather and hot coffee at early morning in tagaytay.

Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:15 pm

hi sir Audiogeek,

your pics deliver "emotion"... cool, serene & relaxing... excellent sample for "emotionalist" or "expressionist" style photography...

yup, coffee with strong aroma must be well matched for this kind of places & mood...

sir Dirk Vermerie is one of my fav with regards this kind of pics & style...

with very kind regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby Audiogeek » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:27 pm

thanks fer for the compliment. honestly, i havnt heard of sir vermirie. glad to hear about him. i think i will read bout him. yes, one of my fav subject is the sun bcos you have a limited chance to catch its beauty. i like to share it here. it´s been taken with my amateur sony t5 pocket digicam. in fact i hav a sunset pic which is now hanging in my room and which i took sometime in 1989 with nikon slr. the place is what you call now the kawayan cove in nasugbu. its beautiful. thanks again.

btw, no sir pls :lol:
Audiogeek
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:15 pm

hi audiogeek,

here is a sample link on Dirk's work

http://www.pbase.com/dievee

he use both nikon (and Fuji) and canon stuff... whenever i need to relax i visit his works... he is old na but very dedicated... he sometimes wake up 3am just to get the correct timing of his subject... or will wait for a good sunset to catch his intended image of the place...

i first discovered him at dpreview.com over the fuji slr forums when he was still using a fuji s2 pro dslr... he doesn't do much photoshop... old traditional way as much as he can... admirable indeed...

cheers!!
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby ctlim » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Tube Newbie wrote:Image

any reviews on the sand quality on this pic? :)
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby merlin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:46 pm

We were very disappointed with how Boracay has deteriorated due to commercialization. Comparing the island way back early 90s during our first visit, the beach paradise is now comparable to a typical public resort in Naic or Matabungkay. The place was overcrowded, vendors left and right, poor quality of the beach water (algae and foul smell). expensive food(except for this Big Momma pinoy resto), etc. If you're looking for a place to visit this summer vacation, I would suggest to consider other places like Bohol, Dumaguete and Palawan.
merlin
Legend
Legend

Postby ctlim » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:37 am

^^^ thats why the best time to visit would be off season.

i used to go to boracay march and may, now I only go nov-dec

the algae is actually good for the island, once it dries up it becomes "that powdery white sand"
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 am

i've been to Boracay several times... i must agree that boat station 3 was getting "mismanaged"... station 2 was better & hyperactive... boat station 1 still quiet, clean & lovely but a bit pricey...

i have an aerial photo of 70% of the island somewhere on my files... will look for it and will try to post it here so we can see that what most of us know as Boracay was only less than 10% of the whole island...

here is a new addition to the known Boracay... beautiful... pricey
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby Jazzmanoy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 pm

fermacarayomd wrote:i've been to Boracay several times... i must agree that boat station 3 was getting "mismanaged"... station 2 was better & hyperactive... boat station 1 still quiet, clean & lovely but a bit pricey...

i have an aerial photo of 70% of the island somewhere on my files... will look for it and will try to post it here so we can see that what most of us know as Boracay was only less than 10% of the whole island...

here is a new addition to the known Boracay... beautiful... pricey

WOW! :shock: Nice Shot! What ISO did you use in this? Handheld or on a tripod?
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:24 pm

i am always excited whenever i visit tropical paradise islands of our INANG BAYAN kaya i always bring my trusty smallish tripod just to be ready when needed 8)

exif data revealed canon 30D, f/9, 4 sec, asa 160, aperture priority, spot metering, sRGB, auto white balance, 10mm (on my efs 10-22mm zoom lens), tripod mount, no flash fired.... raw file post-processed with PScs2

btw, when near the sea i always mount clear filters on the lenses to protect the optics from harsh salty environment... hhhmmm... actually, i always have these filters mounted on lenses almost 98% of the time on my normal use... seldom do i remove filters from lenses... yup, clear filters & not UV nor skylight filters kasi digital tech is now cabaple of handling unwanted uv effects on images....

thankx for looking 8)

best regards kapatid

fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby Jazzmanoy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:34 pm

fermacarayomd wrote:i am always excited whenever i visit tropical paradise islands of our INANG BAYAN kaya i always bring my trusty smallish tripod just to be ready when needed 8)

exif data revealed canon 30D, f/9, 4 sec, asa 160, aperture priority, spot metering, sRGB, auto white balance, 10mm (on my efs 10-22mm zoom lens), tripod mount, no flash fired.... raw file post-processed with PScs2

thankx for looking

best regards kapatid

fer

Thanks for the info. Im impressed especially with the fine rendition of the dark sky. Looking forward for more.
Jazzmanoy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:47 pm

actually the present technology of sensors installed on dSLRs are still far from what we expected... the dynamic range is still narrow... Fuji claim higher DR but at the expense of speed and memory file size...

i am still waiting for a foveon type sensor with higher pixel count than what sigma offers today... maybe less than 5 years from now... sana sooner than that...

digital images have unwanted noise or blotchy color spots on the dark areas or underexposed areas... when pushing some parameters there will even be unwanted banding kaya a bit hard to adjust for an old man like me :cry:

i use mildly the free download version of noiseware to reduce noise... if overdone parang plastic ang dating at nababawasan ng detail... very amateurish yung alam ko kasi... the pros does far far better on this aspect talaga...

happy Easter kapatid
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to WS Members' PHOTO Gallery