Beautiful Philippines

NEW!!! exhibit your photo creations here. open to all members.

Moderators: pigdog, tenderobject

Beautiful Philippines

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:37 pm

as the saying goes "a picture tells a thousand stories"

we are truly fortunate

with very kind regards,
fer

Last edited by bass_nut on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby kabubi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:27 am

nice fotos!

i truly have an affinity for countrymen who love this land of ours. a great respite from the local maelstorm surrounding this poor "probinsiyanong intsik" who is fighting for his life and his dignithy :(

keep em coming, sir.
Last edited by kabubi on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kabubi
Legend
Legend

Postby Mamimili » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:54 am

It truly is a beautiful country as most foreigners know.
So when is someone with the position and power to do something about it going to wake up and improve tourism for locals and foreigners alike??
Best beaches, fantastic diving, whale watching, volcanoes, mountains, terraces etc but most of them are so difficult to get to, and when you do get there half the time you are plagued by street kids etc.

Why can’t someone have a little vision and less greed and think about training those street kids and turn them into tour guides, local historians etc so they can have a chance to make some cash and improve the whole tourism scene a bit more?

I recently visited an open air museum in Wales that told the Welsh history with real farm houses, shops, cock pits, a bakery even a real street of workers houses from the past 100 years ago. A fantastic day out and 100% staffed by enthusiastic local people.

Naive? Perhaps. But it makes sense to me.
All been said before? Lots of times.
Sickening? Yes.
I bet $130 million would go a long way in improvements, train the people and enjoy the benefits.

WoW Philippines? WakeUpWonderful Philippines is more like it!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby trauma » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:02 am

a picture = a thousand words is the saying.

By the way, ours is a beautiful country depends on where you are looking.

And, where YOU are looking is very EXpensive.
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby lance_tr3z » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:06 am

lance_tr3z
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:50 am

that is a portion of a truly world class island that received unfair publicity by some (not all) media persons... Boracay... when you are in Boracay or "Bora" you will see and feel that not all countrymen believed the negative publicity it received and is receiving.

i also have great affinity for people (kababayans & foreign visitors) who appreciate our GOD given tropical paradise. Palawan alone has 1700 GEMS from mother nature.

i agree. it depends on one's view. kaya i often use a wider lens so to speak to catch more of the landscape. the wider the more real and more balanced the perspective.

i also agree that such travel is expensive to some... but taking pictures of ordinary street event(s) can be as positive as well.. i guess some have taken night pictures of the rejuvenated and redirected ermita & malate... or an early morning picture of baklaran or central market manila...

historians... i was surprised when i was in Bohol. a young local tour guide knew more of our part of history. instantly, i felt guilty that for more than 40 years i was NOT giving our INANG BAYAN the much needed attention, appreciation and interest. :( :oops:

internet is an effective, powerful, cheap and fast way to discover (and travel)... far reaching info highway indeed... thru this modern tool we (can) share beautiful aspects of our planet , P.I. included. pictures like this one balance the news and views. many of our balikbayans (will) surely run back home upon seeing these "other side" of P.I... i have seen this happen again & again... friends, relatives and strangers attesting to this fact... all due to simple pictures...

politics and leadership in an awesome beautiful paradise or thousands of tropical paradise is another topic... sometimes opposing... let us pray (and try to work out some means) that someday politics (and our people) will go along the same direction. in fairness, there are some local places that have commendable leaders and citizens atypical to what we knew thru the regular traditional media mode. davao is one. marikina is another. the fast growing Pangasinan as well. other places too that i (we) have not yet discovered. not perfect places but just better. people and local leaders working hand in hand amidst the chronic dark clouds that repeatedly pervade.

we can all be tourists' ambassadors for our INANG BAYAN. i struggled to start and be one since i felt that guilt i mentioned in this thread. i know this is still small and almost nothing. maybe & just maybe we may someday be able to reach and touch more lives to go along this positive direction, ordinary folks & leaders alike. protect our islands, improve further, appreciate, spread & share the news and better views... the elusive dream to "real progress" might just be around the corner... who knows... not much lost in trying... Gat Jose Rizal, LapuLapu, Andres Bonifacio, et al may have done the same had modern computer tools (WS forum included :) ) been available for them... right? :)

here are more "different views" of INANG BAYAN... i hope you will like them. please feel free to share these (&/or pics of same positive tone) to more kababayans, balikbayans & friends.. :D

thanks to WS for allowing me to post here :D

with very kind regards,
fer

[/img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb298/fermacarayomd/IMG_0277eDw.jpg[img]

[/img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb298/fermacarayomd/bohol_MG_0033eW.jpg
Last edited by bass_nut on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby ctlim » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:39 pm

is that club paradise in palawan?

coron palawan, before going down to the majestic kayangan lake.

club paradise sunset... calm waters fool you... sharks present... :)
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby conspicuous » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:00 pm

beautiful shots, fer! :) beautiful philippines indeed. i love beaches and to me boracay still ranks up there despite people saying it's gone too commercial. not far from manila, i also love the simple beaches of laiya, san juan, batangas. the water is surprisingly very clear and clean even if the sand is not as white or as fine as boracay or palawan. we stayed at virgin beach resort. quiet serene place. :)
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:22 pm

yes sir... club paradise at the north part bosuanga-coron island group. clearest water i've seen. nice tranquil place to relax. excellent service. well guarded and secured by our unsung heroes from the Phil Navy.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... 027e1W.jpg

Palawan is like Hong Kong to me but in a different criteria... yung "babalikbalikan mo" feeling... in the 70s term "nakakaADDICT" :D

the picture taken from inside the small airplane was the southern tip of ala ey Batangas.

here is a picture of an eternity or infinity swimming pool on Samal Island Davao

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... 097eDw.jpg

i still dream that someday i will see Camiguin, Batanes, Sorsogon, Sagada, pacific ocean border of quezon province and many many more awesome gems inside our INANG BAYAN...
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:22 pm

awesome picture doc! indeed our country is the pearl of the orient. :lol:
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

beautiful philippines

Postby migs » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:47 pm

some pics i took of the awesome boracay sunset a couple of years ago....

migs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ctlim » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:34 pm

^^^^ wow! u mind sending me that last pic thru email? would love to print that and frame it. (lim_christiant@yahoo.com)

sarap talaga sa club paradise palawan... kahit every weekend dun ang ako i will never tire....
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby conspicuous » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:09 pm

migs, very beautiful shots! the colors and the contrast are striking :D and to think we're just viewing your pictures through a website :o
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 pm

i agree sir ... Migs' pictures are awesome !! they are some of the best i've seen to have depicted a part of our beautiful Philippines...

Migs... keep 'em comin'

btw, i was often asked by friends from abroad on how safe it is to travel and enjoy these thousands of tropical island paradise

answer: very very safe as these paradise islands are efficiently secured 24/7 by our unsung heroes from the Phil Navy. they are practically in places i went... Bohol, Davao, Zambo, Palawan, Boracay...

double and triple cheers for our Philippine Navy !!!

best regards,
fer

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... 0041eW.jpg
Last edited by bass_nut on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:29 pm

ctlim

kindly please pm me or email me if you need bigger file size to achieve better print results...

best regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby ctlim » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:58 pm

no worries bro. i have been visiting club paradise every year since I first saw it in 2003. migs, is it possible to have a copy of your last pic posted with the boat? thanks!
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ctlim » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:04 pm

when in club paradise, dont forget to take the trip to coron and see Kayangan Lake... swim with the shrimps... hehehehe :D
ctlim
Citizen
Citizen

pics

Postby migs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys!
ctlim...sure will do!
migs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:25 am

sorry for d poor quality image...much underexposed... but gives an idea of the area

cheers!!
fer

bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby RHYTHM SECTION » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:44 am

roxas blvd to doc?
RHYTHM SECTION
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to WS Members' PHOTO Gallery