The world's first cross-hobby Social Bazaar: Gearsomniac

Moderator: ttommy

The world's first cross-hobby Social Bazaar: Gearsomniac

Postby ttommy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 am

Hello dear Wiredstate friends,

It's been a while but I've been very busy with one project that I'm launching today. If you're like me, you have friends that are active in various online forums not all of which are audio-related. As we mature in our hobbies, however, it becomes increasingly more difficult to stay connected with our forum friends. Finding them on Facebook is one way to do it but there's always a lot of noise from your *other* friends that's not necessarily related to your passions.

Gearsomniac takes the good attributes of Facebook, but dedicated for gear-lovers across all hobbies, coupled with an Amazon seller's like marketplace where vendors are also members of the community.

It's my pleasure to have you to join the community. To read the full invite, please click here.

Thank you and best regards,
Tito Mijares
Gearsomniac founder
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Re: The world's first cross-hobby Social Bazaar: Gearsomniac

Postby dimfer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:42 am

woohoo.. from gearsomniac #3
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:54 am

Very promising set-up! Best wishes to Gearsomniac!
rtsyrtsy

Postby ttommy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you, Ding and Russell. Still a long way to go but as a poly-hobbyist/multi-forumner, having this site makes it very convenient for me to stay connected with all my online hobbyist friends :)
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Superman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Best wishes, Tito!
Superman
Master Showman

Postby dimfer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 pm

I had been super lazy writing anything hobby related, but in due time, pupunuin natin yang site mo...

it is very promising, kasi marami tayong maraming sakit. I was gonna propose Hobby Hub as another name, but realized how appropriate gearsomniac is... most hobbyists "never sleep" in terms of gears :geek:

you have the advantage, because you have multiple interests, and you are the site admin.. you can shape it the way you want. I think it has the potential to be big, and better than other sites.

I showed the site to Tonette since she heard us talking about it while at your place last Feb, she likes it... sabi na - dagdag nya naman daw sa pagpupuyatan ko.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ttommy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks, Jen! And Ding, yes, back in February when I showed you the original business plan it was a little different and required a lot of initial work to do right.

Back then the idea was to have something like Gilt.com but for gear where we invite audio manufacturers who don't have representation in the US to conduct test marketing/"flash" sales within a private membership community. We still might be doing this in Gearsomniac but it won't ever be my intention to replace other fora or affect existing manufacturer-dealer channels. Instead, I'm hoping the site proves a good venue for turning on folks from one hobby into picking up another while at the same time allowing manufacturer-retailers to reach new markets. In short, a grand scheme for sulsulting-to-the-max! :rofl:

As for you being more puyat, well, it can only get worse if you invite your aquahobby buddies to join ;)

Regards to Tonette as well!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Return to ttommy's corner