Crowdsourcing content for the Trodt website

Moderator: ttommy

Crowdsourcing content for the Trodt website

Postby ttommy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 am

Before anything else, my apologies for not posting this in the Trodt forum. Just that I have full control in my corner and I can edit responses and mark tasks/requests completed.

Alright, I've taken on building the Trodt Audio website. If you click on the link on the left, notice that the URL has a trailing "index.php." If you remove this and refresh your browser, you'll see what everyone sees at the moment, a website "under construction."

Going through the posts at the Trodt forum, I see a wealth of content but can't make any assumptions about each poster's terms-of-use for their pictures, videos, writeup, etc. Instead of writing to PMing you individually asking for permission, instead, I figured it's probably easier to solicit material in a public thread.

So, if you are currently a Trodt owner or have pictures / media / opinions about Mang Rod's product and would like to help fill out content on the Trodt website, here's what you can do:

1. visit the Trodt Audio website and play around, noting the different sections of the site. At the moment, there are only two sections that I consider complete-- Bio and Contact. Even then, the picture in Bio might be changed if the original photographer objects to its use or MR decides that he prefers another one. The rest of the other sections are just placeholders and I took liberties taking content from Wiredstate and other public galleries. Again, aside from Bio and Contact, the rest of the content you see are just mockups.

2. next, please reply to this thread with the following information:

If you want to contribute Product information, please write at the top of your reply-- FOR PRODUCT INFO:

Product Type: (amplifier | preamp | tvc | phono | integrated | custom build)
    Tube complement: (845 output, XX driver, YY input | etc.)
    Topology: (PP | SET | Parallel SET | PP/SET | n/a )
    Pictures: (please embed pictures, choose 1-3 of your best pictures for this particular product. If you have a whole set of pictures you'd like me to load in the product gallery, please PM me for an email address/FTP)

If you want to contribute a review or testimonial: please specify FOR REVIEWS / TESTIMONIALS and provide a link or the text of your review.

if you would like to be featured in the customer showcase, please specify FOR SHOWCASE and include *one* picture and a writeup of your system (including other equipment) or simply list down all the components.

If you would like to submit a Youtube video, please reply saying FOR VIDEOS and specify or embed a link to the video in question. It would be great if you can describe the Trodt product in similar fashion as specified above.

3. what I shall do is take the submitted replies and work each contribution onto the site. Please note that I'll probably be cropping/resizing/editing pictures as necessary BUT shall not spell/grammar check reviews/opinions. Afterwards, I'll mark each reply as completed.

Disclaimer:
I am not a professional website designer. Please do not make requests about how the site should look or be coded unless you're volunteering to work on area of the site yourself :) Also, I'm doing this on my spare time so please be patient if you don't see your content on the Trodt website, I'll eventually get to it.

Thank you in advance for your participation!
Tito

Completed sections on Main Page (6/25/2011):
1. Welcome to Trodt Audio
2. Latest News - @boombastig, I hope you don't mind my using some text and pictures you took
3. Reviews and Testimonials - @Val, is it okay if I excerpt your review but direct readers to your original article?
4. Site Features - placeholder
5. Visitors - real-time visitor map (turns out to be buggy in IE and Firefox, works fine in Chrome, may remove)

Completed Product Pages (6/27/2011):
1. Amplifier section
2. GM-70 series
3. 845 series II ---> NEED SPECS
4. 6c33c-B --> NEED SPECS

Completed Pages (6/28/2011):
1. Preamplifier
2. Musika --> NEED SPECS
3. TVC --> NEED SPECS
4. Compactron --> NEED SPECS
5. Compactron Product Review.
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Crowdsourcing content for the Trodt website

Postby skeesix » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Tito,

On behalf of Mang Rod and the other Trodt product owners, many thanks for your time and effort to improve the website. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers!

Skee
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby abiedoodles » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 am

Nice looking website , congrats to trodt audio for having an online presence. Looks like a wordpress platform very nice theme.
Last edited by abiedoodles on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
abiedoodles
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ESaudio » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm

skeesix wrote:Hi Tito,

On behalf of Mang Rod and the other Trodt product owners, many thanks for your time and effort to improve the website. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers!

Skee

I second the motion and long time overdue. Thanks Tito! :D :D :D
ESaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby audiostar » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm tipping my hat off to you Tito for the wonderful gift you've given to MR :clap: :clap: :clap: Having a website of his own has been long overdue :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby ttommy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 am

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! 8) I'd been busy the past couple days but managed to push some updates:

Completed sections on Main Page:
2. Latest News - @boombastig, I hope you don't mind my using some text and pictures you took
3. Reviews and Testimonials - @Val, is it okay if I excerpt your review but direct readers to your original article?
5. Visitors - real-time visitor map.

Since we haven't gotten much contributions from the crowd, I'm thinking of changing my approach to -- "ask forgiveness, not permission." :lol: In short, if you see your personal content being used in the Trodt site that you prefer not to be used, please let me know and I'll take it down.

That's it for now!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby amonv » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:10 am

Thank you Tito for helping mang rod... :clap: :clap: :clap:
amonv
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Welcome to use my opinions of my Compactron (Yellow Tomato), which continues to amaze me!
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby dimfer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:23 am

I salute your effort to help launch Trodt's well deserved online presence..

I will send you something for posting at the site, just give me a bit more time. you may post any of my pictures you can find.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby timber715 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:48 am

I hope you don't take this in a wrong way, I only mean to help and if deemed inappropriate I will delete it.
there are several pictures there that showed a scratchy surface with old screws and old looking parts, I really don't think this promotes the product build well. maybe better pictures can be shown as several are very blurry.
You want to highlight the items, use the best pictures you can find or clean the parts before the picture. Most know Mang Rod and couldn't care much about the appearance of what is underneath but some don't know him, so a good first impression will do him good.
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ttommy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks Paul and Ding, will wait for your content.

Timber, thanks for your sincerity! I do find your response very appropriate and your point is one of the reasons I'm soliciting content from owners/the crowd as I am not a Trodt owner myself nor have access to any unit. As far as the Trodt website itself is concerned, at the moment, I consider only those 5 sections mentioned above as completed, the rest is fair game until the site is officially launched.

Having said that, there's two ways we can think about this--

On one hand, we can think of Trodt going through its own journey as a relatively young brand and, at this stage, feedback like yours helps Mang Rod think about product evolution. If we're launching soon, however, I believe "it is what it is" and if there's a disconnect between the customer's impression of the product and what he sees "inside," then there's only so much I can do except curate which pictures look good.

On the other hand, we can go through a lengthier build process, e.g. wait for another evolutionary cycle with the manufacturer, and target a higher website production and marketing standard *before* we launch. (If I have to pick a good reference site, I'd say my friend Jack Wu @ WooAudio has done very well.)

As to what strategy to pursue, the final decision rests with Mang Rod and he shall definitely review the site and hear all feedback.

Thanks you once again and best regards!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby timber715 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 am

am very happy you understand my view on it. to tell you frankly, there is another fabricator locally that has a website. it is nice as it is, but he has pictures that uses screws that drive me nuts. why? bec the screws he uses cost 50 centavos(maybe less) and could upgraded to 2 peso ones and the impact would definitely improve. it must be me, but small things do make a product for me. small indeed, but if one cannot find better screws it makes me think of the rest of the components.
I do hope Mang Rods products go global and earn him the respect he so deserves.
cheers,
timber
timber715
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Tito,

You're doing a great job for Mang Rod and I am sure he and all his clients and friends are extremely grateful. :)

As a some time beta tester of MR, we've had many opportunities to talk about where he ultimately wants to go. For years now, Rod has been doing custom jobs and I opined that if he really does want to broaden his market he will have to lock down specific products. He simply won't have enough time to build every single product by himself especially since all of his transformers are hand wound. At some point he will have to delegate the more menial processes and this can't be done without a design that is finalized so workers can just go by the numbers. With the GM70 project Rod told me that this is THE ONE. Having heard it, I can understand why he finally feels he's got a product that can withstand such a fickle market and can stand the test of time. Hopefully the added exposure of having a website will indeed broaden his market base but in so doing, I hope he will find the ways to keep up with the increased demand without having to sacrifice his physical well being and quality of life.

Please feel free to use anything I have written about MR and his products you can find here in WS.

Jack
JackD201
Immortal

Postby ttommy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 am

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, and for the free license to use your posts. I don't think there's anybody here who wouldn't want to see Mang Rod or our other Pinoy manufacturers do well selling products outside the country. But at the same time, I totally agree with--

I hope he will find the ways to keep up with the increased demand without having to sacrifice his physical well being and quality of life.

Then again, with increased demand hopefully Mang Rod shall consider growing beyond a one-man operation and control output to manageable levels. In the meantime, let's continue our little bayanihan project, I've added a couple pages and shall keep track of progress at the first post in this thread.
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Postby highlander » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:50 am

I believe Mang Rod also made a lot of push-pull KT 88 / 6550's...did not see them in the Amps section ;)
highlander
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby detubo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:10 am

great job tito. It was for the last 8 years the hifi shows raison d'être to provide an outlet to showcase local builders who would otherwise remain obscure to the world. you just made our task easier. thanks
detubo
Master
Master

Postby boombastig » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

ttommy wrote:Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback! 8) I'd been busy the past couple days but managed to push some updates:

Completed sections on Main Page:
5. Visitors - real-time visitor map.

Since we haven't gotten much contributions from the crowd, I'm thinking of changing my approach to -- "ask forgiveness, not permission." :lol: In short, if you see your personal content being used in the Trodt site that you prefer not to be used, please let me know and I'll take it down.

That's it for now!

No problem Tito. I truly appreciate what you have done for our own audio genius - Mang Rod. He is truly a gifted individual and we owe it to him to help become global and showcase the true Filipino genius. Please feel free to use any items I have posted. Will also try to post/send some other pictures and impressions. Thanks.
boombastig
Citizen
Citizen

Postby skeesix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks for posting my Trodt 6c33c PSE Monoblocks. ;)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby GR » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Highlander wrote:

I believe Mang Rod also made a lot of push-pull KT 88 / 6550's...did not see them in the Amps section ;)

Sir,

I have a " Humba Era " mono blocks 6L6 amp. If it has a place in your website I can post it. It serve as my all around amp. maybe 10 yr old already, not that good looking as his latest creation.

GR
GR
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ttommy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 pm

You're welcome Skee and, Tonyboy, the Nov Hifi show definitely is the primary showcase for Pinoy manufacturers. Hopefully we can do other collaborative things in the future, perhaps starting with helping other manufacturers gain an online presence as well.

Highlander and GR, thanks for the suggestions. As far as the Product / Amplifier section goes, I only planned on featuring products that are part of a "series production" and is currently available for purchase. As this website is really a product catalog, we'd like prospective customers to go into the Products / Amplifier section and say-- "I want to *order* that" -- and ideally, it would be great if the manufacturer / distributor / dealer already has a unit in waiting, if not parts ready for assembly.

That said, there are two other sections on the website where previous builds can be featured-- "Custom" and "Product Gallery." The Custom section will give prospective customers an idea of the types of custom jobs MR can execute whereas the Product Gallery can display historical and current production items. Highlander, I've seen the KT88 integrated and an integrated mono on some thread, I'll probably put this in the Custom section. Meanwhile, GR, if you post a picture of your 6L6 amp here, we might use it in the Product Gallery.

Can anyone help with the specs for both the 845 series II and the 6c33c-B monos?

Thanks!
ttommy
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to ttommy's corner