Ultrasone Proline

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Re: ultrasone

Postby m adkins » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Oh wow, I didn't know Ultrasone phones are available locally. Do they also have the ED9s in stock? I just want to check and listen if they do live up to all the fuss some head-fiers have been raging about.[/quote]

They did not import the edition 9, probably too expensive, the stocks they currently have are the older models and not the newer hfi series..

I heard that you auditioned the Cayin HA1A of audio amplified? How did it sound thru your headphone system? Am also considering to audtion the cayin, thanks
m adkins
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Racio » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:53 pm

m adkins wrote:I heard that you auditioned the Cayin HA1A of audio amplified? How did it sound thru your headphone system? Am also considering to audtion the cayin, thanks

Though I was only able to compare the Cayin with my Opera Cyber 30 and Millett Hybrid portable, I was pretty much impressed by it. I find the HA1A to be extremely refined, grain-free and with a pitched black noise floor, I had to remind myself that I was listening to an SET headamp every time. And yes, it still delivered that classic midband bloom, resolution and purity as expected from single-ended amps.

But what got me so surprised is that I find its sonic character closer to the Millett than that of the 2A3 SET Cyber 30. Where as the Opera's signature is undeniably a hark from the past, truly vintage, with its rolled off treble, warm warm mids and robust wooly bass, it's what people here might refer to as "mataba". The HA1A felt stoic and couth, with the advantage over the Millett for sounding even more effortless.

I've nothing much amiss to say about the Cayin, and the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that Ken was able to find pre-owned unit at only half the price. Nagpahanap na rin ako sa kanya. hehe. :D
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby donunus » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:15 pm

do they have any of the newer pro models? ex. pro 750 instead of proline? It looks a little better plus they come with the carrying pouch and more accessories I think
donunus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby m adkins » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 am

Racio wrote:
m adkins wrote:I heard that you auditioned the Cayin HA1A of audio amplified? How did it sound thru your headphone system? Am also considering to audtion the cayin, thanks

Though I was only able to compare the Cayin with my Opera Cyber 30 and Millett Hybrid portable, I was pretty much impressed by it. I find the HA1A to be extremely refined, grain-free and with a pitched black noise floor, I had to remind myself that I was listening to an SET headamp every time. And yes, it still delivered that classic midband bloom, resolution and purity as expected from single-ended amps.

But what got me so surprised is that I find its sonic character closer to the Millett than that of the 2A3 SET Cyber 30. Where as the Opera's signature is undeniably a hark from the past, truly vintage, with its rolled off treble, warm warm mids and robust wooly bass, it's what people here might refer to as "mataba". The HA1A felt stoic and couth, with the advantage over the Millett for sounding even more effortless.

I've nothing much amiss to say about the Cayin, and the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that Ken was able to find pre-owned unit at only half the price. Nagpahanap na rin ako sa kanya. hehe. :D

Thanks! Will also consider the Cayin, also looking for a SS headamp for the convenience of leaving it on all the time, plus hopefully better bass punch. any directions where to get one locally?
m adkins
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Racio » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 am

m adkins wrote:
Thanks! Will also consider the Cayin, also looking for a SS headamp for the convenience of leaving it on all the time, plus hopefully better bass punch. any directions where to get one locally?

If you're going SS, I've heard nothing but good impressions/reviews on the Beta 22 (but I wasn't able to audition it myself). Try to send PMs to Ferds or EsoTec so that they'll let us know how much it cost them to get their headamp up and running. Best of luck then! :)
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Ultrasone Proline

Postby insyte » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:39 pm

kenckn wrote:
bass_nut wrote:click the British Flag at the right edge... then click on items on the left edge
http://www.mingo-hmw.net/product

This "Mingo" is the largest shop/as in size and complete/Iems, earphones and headphones at HK, u even can test some of the popular model, last week I visited that shop and test Ultrasone HF780, HF2200 and some Iems,unfortunately RS1 and GS1K is out of stock 8)
snipped from the westone thread............

So how did you find the HF780 sir Ken?

-------------------

I actually went to the distributor's place today. They only had old stock of the Prolines, not the PRO yet.

They were actually nice and they let me audition some of the cans. Though i don't think their headphone samples were properly burned it yet. The 2500's highs were very painful for me, don't know if this was due to a lack of burn in. I had a more pleasant experience with the PL 750. The surround thingie is actually kinda hard to discern and the cans really need to be positioned properly for this to be appreciated. Bass was really good and deep, though it bled into the mids which was almost recessed, I think a little burn in will fix this. I also checked for sound leaks by pressing the pads together, well very minimal even at high volumes. I also noticed that the pads were very easy to remove which I think can be annoying in the long run.

I almost bought this, but I didn't feel like shelling out 14K for new old stock headphones. Baka kung PRO series yung kanina may pics and detailed review na ako dito today :) Though I really wanted to listen some more, the S-logic feature is new my to my ears :)
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kenckn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:58 pm

insyte wrote:So how did you find the HF780 sir Ken?

I had try 3 Ultrasone headphones at Mingo's shop(780,750 and 2200),I got the same problems as u mention,but HF780 definite the most balance SQ between 3 Ultrasone headphones that I try..
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby insyte » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:41 pm

How's the build of the 780, does it still have the same plasticky headband as the others?
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby miniracer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Ultrasone uses the same headband supplier used by senns for the HD-280, durable but a bit plasticky. It is also used by Skullcandy. :puke:
miniracer
Citizen
Citizen

Postby insyte » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:18 pm

miniracer wrote:Ultrasone uses the same headband supplier used by senns for the HD-280, durable but a bit plasticky. It is also used by Skullcandy. :puke:

eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk ahhhh no offense to skullcandy :devil: :devil: :devil:

Parang ayaw ko na yata hehe. Joke lang, currently looking for a good deal on one of the higher end closed models :)
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re:

Postby jack_sparrow1914 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 pm

aron wrote:Image

http://www.ultrasone.com/index.html

got the ultrasone DJ1 last Friday, it was a blast!. My senns212 blew up due to loud playing. hehe.

initial reviews.
at first I thought it was just all a marketing ploy (surround sound), but when I started auditioning it at their shop it was just jaw dropping. I really dont have very "audiophilic" ears but the ambience of the sound can really be distinguished. It makes you think that you are hearing sounds from speakers and not headphones!

The demo CD is actually some tracks used to highlight their product. Plus its designed to be safer on the ears (less fatiguing) on loud volumes. The cups are also good in sound insulation so you can concentrate more on the mix minus outside noise. Its also very comfortable and can easily stored in a small bag.

Its a totally different experience for me and am very happy with it's customer support (spare parts can be ordered via their exclusive dealership in QC). Abit pricey but I think the safe advantage is one factor I considered heavily. Sound is also topnotch. Cant wait to have it broken in. They also carry headphones for audiophile listeners.

All their units can be auditioned at their Quezon City office for free. Try em out! First time ko rin pumunta dun..you wont miss it kasi landmark is the "Pegasus".
Their office numbers are 3741737, look for Mr. Laban Chua.
drop my name then ask for discount. Hehe :-)

HTH Jack :-)

Sir,nakabili ako ngDJ1 sa knila po,kinupara ko po ung item pero ang layo yta ng itsura nya sa pik na andun sa website ng ULTRASONE,pati packaging yung nabili nyo po ba is sure kyo na orig po? :sweat: pati sa packaging po iba rin
jack_sparrow1914

Previous

Return to Head-Fi