what headphones/earphones do u use/recommend for ur iPOD?

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

what headphones/earphones do u use/recommend for ur iPOD?

Postby rossifumi46 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:02 pm

please indicate price and where it can be bought... currently im using the stock earphones but theres something missing in the sound
rossifumi46
Citizen
Citizen

Postby troporobo » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:46 pm

I love my Shure E2c earphones - I would say they have a very even freq response (no need for any of the iPod E settings) and as an added bonus eliminate 15-20 dB of external noise. Renown speaker/crossover guru Siegfried Linkwitz likes them too (see www.linkwitzlab.com) . I got mine online at the Earplug Store (http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/index.html) for about USD 70. I would also consider the E3c , for about double that amount

I sometimes use Sennheiser PX200 also, mostly for comfort, but the sound is not nearly as good
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby hein » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:31 pm

ImageImage

If you have a lil more budget, the BANG & OLUFSEN A8 Earphones sound great. They are a masterpiece of INDUSTRIAL DESIGN. About $100. Available in B & O Shop Ocean Terminal 2/F, Hongkong or Orchard Road near Hyatt, Singapore. Or even EBAY.

The most beautiful earphones you can buy. The only thing that can draw more attention than an IPOD. But be warned, my friend who got these for an IPOD said that strangers actually come up and query him about those "techy aluminum contraptions" stuck on his ears.
hein
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby rossifumi46 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:13 pm

the BnO looks nice.. a bit pricey though.. anyone here using the in ear canal earphones? comments thanx
rossifumi46
Citizen
Citizen

Postby doughn » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:53 pm

i also use senn px200 headphones and shure e2c Canal earphones -travelling

and sometimes

jvc full size headphone had1000 -at home on my archos av420 multimedia/mp3 player

the senn px200 is good , handy and comfty, the shure e2c sound good even in noisy environment coz it eliminate noise. the jvc is the best among all but the con is its huge size ang long cable
doughn
Citizen
Citizen

Postby troporobo » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:06 am

By the way, I tried the Apple in-ear-canal earphones also. They were the worst-sounding pieces of junk I've ever listended to! Sorry, just had to say it . . . .
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby onedown » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:57 am

for mini headphones, an alternative to the sennheiser px200 is the sennheiser px100. the px100 is an open-back headphone as opposed to the px200 which is sealed. they are widely available, as many appliance stores carry them, as well as tower and music 1. the px100 costs around pesos 2500.

for earbuds, you can try shure as troporobo suggested. not sure how much they cost, but i think you can get them at audiophile.

thanks.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby ejbasses » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:17 am

I use sennheiser HD202 cans and a portable headphone amp with a sony cd player. The headphone amp really improves the sound of your cans. When I started using my amp there was an instant difference that could be heard. Aside from the Volume, dynamics and clarity is improved. Highs are high and the Lows are Low, no matter how stupid that sounds hehe. Female vocals sound more pronounced. I dont have to use the EQ settings on the player any more.
ejbasses

Return to Head-Fi