headphones/headphone systems for dummies

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Postby onedown » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:11 pm

arnold, paano yung philips? 89 years old, zero children? :lol:
onedown
Master
Master

Postby arnoldc » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:12 pm

onedown, kaya nga di ko mailagay eh :lol: :lol: :lol:
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby dogears » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:12 pm

palipat naman nung pics sa imageshack? :P
dogears
Master
Master

Postby arnoldc » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:14 pm

onedown, ah alam ko na Philips HP890 Hermoine Puruntong, age 89, 0 children (virgin pa!) as you suggested :lol: :lol:
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby onedown » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:29 pm

hp890 :lol:

here's my phone: halle dilla, 4 years engaged before marraige, 9 years married, 7 kids :lol:
onedown
Master
Master

Postby sputnik » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:24 am

arnoldc wrote:I will call my Koss KSC-75 as Kristine Sheila Camille :D age 7, 5 years to puberty :lol: :lol: :lol:

My JVC HA-E7 ano kaya? Maybe Heather Antoinette-Evangelista, age 7 :twisted:

(aba, aba, may pattern ah!)

puro bata yan ah :D
mahirap review-hin yang mga yan baka dakpin tayo ng mga taga- Bantay Bata :lol:

arnoldc wrote:onedown, ah alam ko na Philips HP890 Hermoine Puruntong, age 89, 0 children (virgin pa!) as you suggested :lol: :lol:

mukhang me osteoporosis na ata tong phone na to eh :lol:
well virgin pa naman :twisted: pwede pa yan :lol:

onedown wrote:here's my phone: halle dilla, 4 years engaged before marraige, 9 years married, 7 kids :lol:

masipag ang headphone mo onedown :D mahusay mag-reproduce :lol:

dogears wrote:palipat naman nung pics sa imageshack? :P

Mod Dog, like this ba? :)

sputnik
Citizen
Citizen

Postby onedown » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:01 am

sputnik, yup masipag yung headphone ko. she should--she's the only real phone i have...

so far.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby dogears » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:02 am

sputnik, thanks a lot! :D now i can see that beautiful, sexy and alluring... headphones :lol:
dogears
Master
Master

Postby tatalope » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:37 am

guys ok kaya itong head amp na to? pwede sa pc at pwede sa portable.. problema walang dealer dito

http://www.headphone.com/products/headp ... ithead.php
tatalope
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dogears » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:47 am

USD199?! Namamahalan talaga ako sa products ng headroom :P
dogears
Master
Master

Postby sputnik » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 am

hayaan mo dogears, from now on ganyan na palagi ang i-po-post kong mga pics sa portables section :wink:

teka nakalimutan ko binyagan yung isang phone ko...
si Ms TM402 ng Cardio Theater .... hmmm ano kaya magandang name :roll:

ha! i'll call her Therese Margaux (pronounced as Mar-GOKS :lol: ) 40 yrs old :x , but owns 2 buildings sa Ayala Ave :twisted:
she's my sugar mama phone :lol:
sputnik
Citizen
Citizen

Postby onedown » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:17 am

tatalope, haven't heard amps from headroom. but they don't seem to be as popular as other headamps [including DIYs] at head-fi.

by the way, the amp you posted i think is a step or two above the entry level model. if i remember correctly, the entry level model is the airhead that retails i think for usd150.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby tatalope » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:09 pm

onedown: ano ba ang mare-recommend mong head-amp? yun less than 10k lang.. i might ask my aunt from the states to buy me one kung kaya ng budget and wala ba talagang mabibilan ng grado headphones dito? kung sr-60 ba ok na din or much much better kung sr-80? na-addict na tuloy ako sa headphones medyo abot kaya kasi para sakin compared to home audio system.. pero mahal pa din ng head-amps
tatalope
Citizen
Citizen

Postby onedown » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:45 pm

tatalope,

hehe...looks like your getting addicted to headphones. but before you go and ask your aunt to buy you an amp, i suggest that you listen to your soon-to-arrive ArnCMoy first. listen, and then decide if you really want a head amp. sayang din kasi ang pera.

i can't really recommend a good head amp. aside from my own, i only heard two--the consonance [tube] and the benchmark [solid state]. the latter is also a DAC. both however, costs more that what you are willing to spend. also, i'm not aware of the prices of head amps. anyway, off hand, other brands that came up my mind include musical fidelity, grado, creek, antique sound lab, meier audio, among others. try getting in touch with rajan here. i believe he has more experience with head amps than me. you might also want to ask rtsy for his comments about the musical fidelity x-can v2.

dogears on the other hand, has a portable head amp that fits your budget. unfortunately, i think norm [the guy who builds them] has decided to retire. aeroes, i believe also have a couple of head amps. he might also be able to help.

on the net, try visiting this site: head-fi

the link i gave you is a forum for headphone users.

as for the grado cans, try getting in touch with pican. note however that grados have a different sonic signature compared to sennheisers.

thanks.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby dogears » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:49 pm

tatalope wrote:onedown: ano ba ang mare-recommend mong head-amp? yun less than 10k lang.. i might ask my aunt from the states to buy me one kung kaya ng budget and wala ba talagang mabibilan ng grado headphones dito? kung sr-60 ba ok na din or much much better kung sr-80? na-addict na tuloy ako sa headphones medyo abot kaya kasi para sakin compared to home audio system.. pero mahal pa din ng head-amps

tatalope, if you are getting Grado's - go for SR80. And if you're getting any of the Grado cans - don't forget to order a pair [at the least] of the Senn replacement 19545 pads at www.sennheiserusa.com.

Sayang, out of business na si Norm of Headsave :P
dogears
Master
Master

Postby arnoldc » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:06 pm

tatalope, if you're going to buy a headamp, i might as well give the cmoy to somebody else. sayang lang paggawa ko nito kung di mo din gagamitin, there are others who can benefit more.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby sputnik » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:38 pm

arnoldc wrote:tatalope, if you're going to buy a headamp, i might as well give the cmoy to somebody else. sayang lang paggawa ko nito kung di mo din gagamitin, there are others who can benefit more.

me! me! me please pick me! :lol:
sputnik
Citizen
Citizen

Postby aeroes » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:59 pm

Actually Norm is back like a couple of months ago! :D

Check it out:

http://members.shaw.ca/storage_2/headsave/

He's just offering go-vibe though.

I might be able to build PIMETA's to those who want it. Price will be around US$100-120. Great sounding HeadAmp IMO, I tried to compare it to my M-cubed (US300) and the difference is not a big jump! the M-cubed off course sounded better with like 5%-8% better detail. But considering the PIMETA can be had for only a $100 and with only 5%-8% difference, well, that makes me think PIMETA is a better buy than a $300 headAmp. This is an unbiased opinion. There are probably some reviews at Headfi.

Now, the Millet Hybrid (team headfi modified group buy version) is a totally different story, this is my only Tube Headphone amplifier. It impressed me everytime I use it! It only cost me like US150 each amp and it blows my M-cubed out of the water! In short, I only paid $150US for a headAmp that cost up to $400 value of performance... The bad thing though is I only ordered 3 boards which is not available for sale :lol: It cost me $18 for the 3 but now you can only get 1 board for your $18 :lol:

Pix will be up soon! and off course at imageshack for someone who has a firewall :lol:

I hope we schedule a wiredstate-meet or an EB on December!! I'll bring some HeadAmps as well as some of my headphone collection for you guys to play with. What do you guys think?
aeroes
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dogears » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:04 pm

sputnik wrote:
arnoldc wrote:tatalope, if you're going to buy a headamp, i might as well give the cmoy to somebody else. sayang lang paggawa ko nito kung di mo din gagamitin, there are others who can benefit more.

me! me! me please pick me! :lol:

donkey :!:
:lol:
dogears
Master
Master

Postby onedown » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:06 pm

aeroes, no chance of making it back here early november? an audio fair is scheduled to be held on that time.

nice to hear that norm is back. quite a well respected fellow among headphone users. haven't bought an amp from him though.
onedown
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Head-Fi