What To Do With Broken Clip of Sansa Clip+

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

What To Do With Broken Clip of Sansa Clip+

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 am

I am on my 3rd or 4th Sansa Clip (currently the Sansa Clip+). And as if on cue, Sansa just launched a new Sansa Clip Zip.

In each Sansa Clip, I broke the Clip after heavy, tough use (workouts, runs, bike rides, travel, etc.). The player still plays, battery is still good, etc. But the clip has broken off. The contact point between the main body of the player and the clip is too small to be super-glued.

I've looked at armbands but I don't think I'd be comfortable having some nylon rubbing between my arm and the side of my body whilst exercising. Are there other alternatives?

Right now, I have the Sansa Clip+ with the broken clip in the back pocket of my cycling jersey. I am thus forced to use the PTH bit of the Shure SE530 instead of just using the last foot or so that is attached to the earphones itself (while having the Clip hanging from the neck of my shirt).

Thanks in advance!
rtsyrtsy

Re: What To Do With Broken Clip of Sansa Clip+

Postby onedown » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 pm

more of a work around rather than a solution to the clip problem. using a wristband in combination with the armband not possible? this can make you feel more comfortable if nylon rubbing against your body makes you feel uncomfortable.
onedown
Master
Master

Postby qguy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:56 pm

buy a metal / plastic clip that you can glue to the sansa.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby Azathoth » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 pm

What I did was attach some sticky velcro (available at hardware stores) to the back of my Clipless+, and also put velcro on the non-clip side of my FiiO E5. Voila, it now as a clip again, sort of. :)
Azathoth
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Head-Fi