AKG wireless headies K840 KL

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

AKG wireless headies K840 KL

Postby keith » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Just wondering if the experts can offer their opinions on the new AKGs.

I tried them out using my iPhone and they sounded pretty good. I nearly took out my wallet but decided to put this on hold and do a little more research. They are already available in Manila.
keith
walastick

Re: AKG wireless headies K840 KL

Postby dogears » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Heya chief. very nice find! Not much review.
Here's one though - German thru Google Translate: AreaDVD.de

Conclusion: AKG K 840 is connected to the KL one indeed quite expensive, but managed to sound convincing wireless headphones. Tonally neutral, very precise and with dry, powerful bass, he plays in test his talent could. The finish is good, the headphones are a quality image of what you would expect in this price too. For distances of up to 7 meters can enjoy crystal clear playback Mandie and without interference or interruption. In the test operation, we have 2 x 5 hours run listening sessions without having to recharge the battery must also not take for granted.

Tonal + neutral
+ Prima Detailing
+ Good space
+ Send Optics

- Quite expensive
dogears
Master
Master

Postby keith » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:03 am

dogears wrote:Heya chief. very nice find! Not much review.
Here's one though - German thru Google Translate: AreaDVD.de

Conclusion: AKG K 840 is connected to the KL one indeed quite expensive, but managed to sound convincing wireless headphones. Tonally neutral, very precise and with dry, powerful bass, he plays in test his talent could. The finish is good, the headphones are a quality image of what you would expect in this price too. For distances of up to 7 meters can enjoy crystal clear playback Mandie and without interference or interruption. In the test operation, we have 2 x 5 hours run listening sessions without having to recharge the battery must also not take for granted.

Tonal + neutral
+ Prima Detailing
+ Good space
+ Send Optics

- Quite expensive

doggie! Musta na? Long time no see. Thanks for the googling. Medyo mahal nga. I actually had let go of my old AKG wireless, but am missing the versatility, specially when I want to lounge in the bedroom and listen while my wife sleeps. Perfect for tv viewing too. :$
keith
walastick

Postby dogears » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:46 am

Am good chief, thanks.
I had a Senn and Sony WL before but the IR is not that 'dependable', can easily catch interference from the fluorescent light.
Nowadays, they are using RF (MHz range) which should be a lot better - and cheaper compared to that AKG model. Not sure though if they are available locally.
dogears
Master
Master

Return to Head-Fi