Help on Fixing UE700's Broken Plug

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Help on Fixing UE700's Broken Plug

Postby porlarr » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and would like to seek help on how or where can I get my pair of UE700s fixed. I accidentally dropped my ipod with the earphones connected and sadly the first part that hit the ground was the jack/plug area. This shattered the internal plastic casing of the plug, thus rendering my earphones useless. I tried to have it fixed by using my old ipod earphone's plug as replacement but the electrician told me that the wires were too thin or delicate to solder together. Do you know any shop that is capable of this fix? Hope you can advise.

Thanks!
porlarr

Re: Help on Fixing UE700's Broken Plug

Postby qguy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:09 am

Try the cellphone repair shops, those guys are used to fixing small things :-)
pili ka ng bata pa ng technician na wala suot na salamin. :devil: :rofl: :devil:

porlarr wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new here and would like to seek help on how or where can I get my pair of UE700s fixed. I accidentally dropped my ipod with the earphones connected and sadly the first part that hit the ground was the jack/plug area. This shattered the internal plastic casing of the plug, thus rendering my earphones useless. I tried to have it fixed by using my old ipod earphone's plug as replacement but the electrician told me that the wires were too thin or delicate to solder together. Do you know any shop that is capable of this fix? Hope you can advise.

Thanks!
qguy
Master
Master

Re: Help on Fixing UE700's Broken Plug

Postby Gau_Ban » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

The first step would be to ask help from Ultimate ears to get a wiring diagram so that way you know which wire is right, left, and in some cases the ground.

You can look for a 1/8 inch jack in audiophile (to get the nice neutriks). Actually, for 50 pesos the guys in audiophile can probably solder it for you.

I imagine a cellphone repair tech should have no problems with really fine wires.
Gau_Ban
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Head-Fi