V-Moda Spin

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

V-Moda Spin

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 am

I was in the states a year ago and happened not to pack my trusty Shure e3c IEMs. I wasn't being overly critical so I just went looking around for a cheap set of plugs I could use in the meantime. The cool looking package was found at the nearby Costco. It came with a nice small case with every possible jack adapter possible including the twin ones for airplane personal entertainment systems so I figured even just for the case and the jacks puwede na rin. $25 bucks and change. Puwede na!

The cans themselves sound well....brusko. Perfect for watching 5th Gear or Top Gear on youtube. Killer Mike's Chicken8 okay din :tmi: It was probably designed by someone who still has a graphic eq and still uses the infamous flying V setting :lol: Not so bad naman that you have to engage the EQ presets, just not as refined as the, to be fair much costlier Shures or my new travel favorite the Etymotic Hf2 (which is a real bargain BTW). Build quality lies between sucks and sucks harder. Twice I've had to superglue where the driver meets the housing and I wish the L and R symbols were placed in plain view instead of being shrouded by the ear inserts. Arghhhh!

Anyway, I'm not posting this to gripe. Actually I'm writing this because the V-Moda has one feature that sets it apart from any IEM or earbud I've ever seen. Something every maker should take note of. Walang hiya, maski ano ang gawin ko, hindi nabubuhol and cable! (For all you English only friends out there "Holy Smokes, no matter what I do to them the cable refuses to tangle up" -okay multi-lingual compliance observed :up: Can you spot the Jimmy Santos insert? :lol: ) A few tugs and the comfortably flexible cable just untangles and straightens up like me or dante when we see Bose promo models :o

I guess the moral of the story is, if you are looking for just ok sound quality with lots of fittings and a nice compact case, own your own personal tube of Mighty Bond, can tell just by listening what's left and what's right in your portable's library AND are tired of using Sunsilk conditioner to take the tangles away from your IEMs.......The V-Moda may be for you!

:sun: :sun: :sun:

P.S.

I just discovered after all these years the view more smilies thing. Can you tell? :ninja: <---Is that the karate Kid?
JackD201
Immortal

Re: V-Moda Spin

Postby planarribbon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 pm

for their price point, i've loved v-modas. i've bought, like, 4 pairs. 2 for myself, one for the wifey and one for junior.
planarribbon
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm

planarribbon wrote:for their price point, i've loved v-modas. i've bought, like, 4 pairs. 2 for myself, one for the wifey and one for junior.

Definitely bro! What I don't like is that their hip models (I mean the ladies in club wear not the cans) make me feel like a DOM and wish I were 25 again :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby arnoldc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Sir Jack, gaano kahaba ang wire nito? Gutay gutay na yung Senn HD-201 ko eh, na gamit ko pang TV...
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Typical portable length Arnie, a bit less than a meter buds to jack.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby arnoldc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Ay... Thanks sir.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Return to Head-Fi