FM Transmitters for Iphone or Ipod

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

FM Transmitters for Iphone or Ipod

Postby Stealth » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Is there any good fm transmitter for iphone or ipod to be used in car audio? I've tried using griffin brand w/ terrible experience. Sound was not clear and lots of static.
Stealth
Citizen
Citizen

Re: FM Transmitters for Iphone or Ipod

Postby myaudio » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 pm

I use Monster brand iCar Play Wireless unit. Most of the time it works well. Happy with it's performance over all. It allows you to use another frequency on the fm band in case the current frequency you are using to link the ipod with your car's audio system is encountering signal interference. Usually, I encounter interference when passing areas close to a radio or television tower.

I saw this page on CNet which shows a photo of the model I have:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-acce ... ncol;lst;1

Hope this helps.
myaudio
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mamimili » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 pm

myaudio wrote:I use Monster brand iCar Play Wireless unit. Most of the time it works well. Happy with it's performance over all. It allows you to use another frequency on the fm band in case the current frequency you are using to link the ipod with your car's audio system is encountering signal interference. Usually, I encounter interference when passing areas close to a radio or television tower.

I saw this page on CNet which shows a photo of the model I have:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-acce ... ncol;lst;1

Hope this helps.

I have one similar to this but cannot remember the brand :$ Only very strong stations destort or add static.
Maybe the charge and transmit devices work better than the transmit only due to the cable length??
I pulled the short copper wire aerial out of my first Griffin transmitter, ugly but it worked better, soldering a longer cable worked better still.
It also helps if you can disconnect your car aerial, no problem for me as i never listen to the radio :)

Better yet, if you have a line in or usb in use that. These days i hard wire from dock to amp (now i just need a volume pot)

By chance i discovered keeping my cell phone away from the ipod gives a miraculous improvement in sound quality
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby JoeyGS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:00 pm

I am using cdrking with no problems...cheap pa :D
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Stealth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

JoeyGS wrote:I am using cdrking with no problems...cheap pa :D

Hi Joey, kumusta yun clarity ng sound? Hw much is the unit?
Stealth
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

For me ok na...its inherent that while you will be able to get a quiet station, still, it will depend if there are external noise generators or interference (like radio transmitters, etc.) which may affect the transmission. I am able to get a quiet station naman and suits my purpose. I dont get very critical because of the external effect which you will have not control over. If you really want clarity you should connect your ipod or mp3 player into the aux-in of your head unit.

Stealth wrote:
JoeyGS wrote:I am using cdrking with no problems...cheap pa :D

Hi Joey, kumusta yun clarity ng sound? Hw much is the unit?
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Return to Head-Fi