Do all iPod's sound the same?

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Re: Do all iPod's sound the same?

Postby Gino » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I hear you. Thanks.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby AlecX5 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 am

marty_e wrote:Stupid question but do all iPod's sound the same? - all else being equal. I think it's time to update my 30gb U2 ipod since people look at me like I'm using a walkman. Will an ipod touch sound the same as a classic etc...
There ought to be a difference, as technology is bound to make some kind of improvement on various aspects of the product, sound included. If rockbox could achieve this through software alone, then what more with hardware? (Then again, if it is barely perceptible, it wouldn't matter much to the average listener.)
AlecX5
Citizen
Citizen

Postby arnoldc » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:26 am

Some people swear the Shuffle is STILL the best sounding iPod, continuing the trend with the 2010 iPod family.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby vynilmaster » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:17 am

as far as Im concerned= no. A lot of things can be factored in. Even in power amps (walang kayabangan) my ear can hear the difference of amps made by the same maker and model
vynilmaster
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Sonus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:26 pm

From personal experience my brother and I have compared the 60 gb Ipod classic Photo vs. 120 gb Ipod classic video. The photo sounded better, even after we tried switching earphones (shure e3 & philips sbc hn060), connecting both to a HK Drive + play in my brothers car, and RCA jack to Onkyo AVR at home. I heard though that the newer generation 160 gb sounds like the old photo :^)
Sonus

Postby vynilmaster » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 pm

No. What I heard today change my perspective. I thought I was listening to music coming from a good CD transport with a good DAC. To some extent it even sounded like an analogue LP. The I pod DAC made the big difference. I went inside the narra room exhibit at the HI FI show where I experienced this wonderful thing .
vynilmaster
Citizen
Citizen

Previous

Return to Head-Fi