Ipod Dock w/RCA output

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Ipod Dock w/RCA output

Postby kenckn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Ipod Dock w/Rca output made by Belkin, u can change diff brand of inter-connect cable, very useful for desktop headphone amp: 8)

kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Ipod Dock w/RCA output

Postby bass_nut » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:17 pm

thanks for the heads up boss Ken... will try to get one from Fry's or BestBuy :y: :clap:
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby kenckn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:27 pm

bass_nut wrote:thanks for the heads up boss Ken... will try to get one from Fry's or BestBuy :y: :clap:

The Belkin ipod dock "TuneCommand AV" support ipod video,4G,nano and mini, come w/wireless remote control,AV cable,power adapter and interchangeable trays, I bought this at Appleshop sa greenhills Virra mall 3rd floor for 4.5K.
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby joe3rp » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:33 pm

kenckn wrote:
bass_nut wrote:thanks for the heads up boss Ken... will try to get one from Fry's or BestBuy :y: :clap:

The Belkin ipod dock "TuneCommand AV" support ipod video,4G,nano and mini, come w/wireless remote control,AV cable,power adapter and interchangeable trays, I bought this at Appleshop sa greenhills Virra mall 3rd floor for 4.5K.

add 17k may WADIA IDOCK na :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

have video/stereo/digital output + remote :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

we will have it in HARANA room during show!
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby insyte » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 pm

kenckn wrote:

I've been looking for something like this, cause the ones I usually see at the stores have a mini out. Having RCA outs are more useful for me. (trying not to look at the next post...... no budget for wadia dock.....) :)
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zenaudio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 pm

joe3rp wrote:
kenckn wrote:

add 17k may WADIA IDOCK na :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

have video/stereo/digital output + remote :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

we will have it in HARANA room during show!

Looking forward to this...
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 pm

kenckn wrote:

thanks for the heads up boss Ken.. will look for the local source instead :clap: :clap:

cheers!!!
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby bass_nut » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 am

Ipod Dock w/RCA output made by Belkin, u can change diff brand of inter-connect cable, very useful for desktop headphone amp:

here is our latest find... not Belkin... sourced in Metro Manila

P2000.00 (P2175.00 thru credit card)

ipod ==> ipod dock ==> desk top amp ==> headphone

ipod <== ipod dock <== computer (via usb)

** RCA with video out
** S-Video out
** USB connectivity
** remote control function for ipod functions (volume, next/previous track, play/pause, shuffle off/on, power on/off, many more)
** charger for ipod

comes with:
220v power supply w/power cord, usb cord, rca cord, remote control w/ battery, instruction manual, various ipod dock adaptor

ipod not included ;)

extra slot at the back is the remote control cradle

it works well with a desktop amp like this 8)
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby trauma » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:06 am

Nice Dock. Although I wonder what the fuss is all about considering you can just mini - plug the iPod to your amp.
These Dock are cute and inexpensive. Where did you find these bass_nut?
trauma
Citizen
Citizen

Postby polaris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:49 am

these are the conventional docking set up I was mentioning in the wadia thread. this has been around for about 5 years now. What the wadia does i.e. skip the ipod DAC and take the pure signal out of the ipod to an external dac, is the audiophile route. It looks almost the same, but the results are differerent. And the price difference justifies it..

cheers..
polaris
Citizen
Citizen

Postby bass_nut » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:36 am

trauma wrote:Nice Dock. Although I wonder what the fuss is all about considering you can just mini - plug the iPod to your amp.

hi brother Jon,

some desktop headphone amps do not have mini plugs input. mini jack to rca converter/adaptor ==> is ok but i have not seen any (yet) that are of good quality. maybe i will try DIY

however, the convenience this ipod docks babies offer is better. listening to ipod sourced music while having remote control for its function.... these babies charge batteries too while enjoying da music... can also be a "go between" between my computer and the ipod when transferring data (music, in my case)... no more cables and adaptors to insert and pull out every time... it is an almost "all in one" control center... almost... if it had very good built-in headphone amp it would have been "the complete ipod center"...input gain controls and tri-band tone controls would be welcome features as well... maybe someone will DIY such very soon ;)

i tried my unit last night... the remote control alone was a big plus already. i do not have to push and push my ipod buttons to do some commands. full command thru simple touch ;)

we sourced these docks in Metro Manila... sadly, in less than 24 hours it is now "out of stock" :( we hope next shipping will be here next month.

cheers!!!
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby insyte » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:44 am

bass_nut wrote:
Ipod Dock w/RCA output made by Belkin, u can change diff brand of inter-connect cable, very useful for desktop headphone amp:

here is our latest find... not Belkin... sourced in Metro Manila

P2000.00 (P2175.00 thru credit card)

ipod ==> ipod dock ==> desk top amp ==> headphone

ipod <== ipod dock <== computer (via usb)

** RCA with video out
** S-Video out
** USB connectivity
** remote control function for ipod functions (volume, next/previous track, play/pause, shuffle off/on, power on/off, many more)
** charger for ipod

comes with:
220v power supply w/power cord, usb cord, rca cord, remote control w/ battery, instruction manual, various ipod dock adaptor
[/img]
Where did you get this sir?

trauma wrote:Nice Dock. Although I wonder what the fuss is all about considering you can just mini - plug the iPod to your amp
Well it's because we want to use the lineout instead of the headphone out to bypass the internal amp of the ipod. Wadia docks does it better because it will also bypass the internal DAC.
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 am

I use a similar Belkin that has a remote given me by my Bilas two christmases ago. However, I like taking my iPod out of the chain entirely unless it is purely for background purposes (which is what I use the dock for). Why? Right now I have more than 5,000 songs and hunting down the one you want scrolling on a docked iPod is a pain in the back, wrist and eyes. So I like navigating directly through iTunes. Going through an external USB or Firewire sound card with digital outputs isn't an option because I am a Laptop user so my best alternative is using Airtunes with Airport Expresses. I stream my iTunes to the Express and have the express connected to any of the resident DACs I might be using.

I never really evaluated the differences in quality seeing as my files are only either 192 and 320 mp3s or AACs anyway. The sound is good enough though. Any problems involve what is missing rather than having nasties added. Airport Expresses can be had for about P5,000. If you have a DAC with optical inputs already as well as an Apple Laptop. It is a screaming good deal!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby bass_nut » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 am

thanks sir Insyte and sir Jack for chiming in to clear some queries as i am a newbie on headfi gears and associated softwares :clap:

@ sir Insyte... i send you mssg... will also update you soonest ;)

kindest regards,
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby JackD201 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

Cool Doc Fer :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Voltraizer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

bass_nut wrote:
trauma wrote:Nice Dock. Although I wonder what the fuss is all about considering you can just mini - plug the iPod to your amp.

hi brother Jon,

some desktop headphone amps do not have mini plugs input. mini jack to rca converter/adaptor ==> is ok but i have not seen any (yet) that are of good quality. maybe i will try DIY

however, the convenience this ipod docks babies offer is better. listening to ipod sourced music while having remote control for its function.... these babies charge batteries too while enjoying da music... can also be a "go between" between my computer and the ipod when transferring data (music, in my case)... no more cables and adaptors to insert and pull out every time... it is an almost "all in one" control center... almost... docif it had very good built-in headphone amp it would have been "the complete ipod center"...input gain controls and tri-band tone controls would be welcome features as well... maybe someone will DIY such very soon ;)

i tried my unit last night... the remote control alone was a big plus already. i do not have to push and push my ipod buttons to do some commands. full command thru simple touch ;)

we sourced these docks in Metro Manila... sadly, in less than 24 hours it is now "out of stock" :( we hope next shipping will be here next month.

cheers!!!
fer

doc fer, bilis ng lbc...... 8) :rofl:
P2th ipod dock plugged to sonic t-amp (2th also).
-t amp body assembly by jojod w/ banana plug socket & gold rca connector
2 x6DJ8 tube buffer made by andrew sevilla
Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 am

i agree brother Volt... mabilis nga :D :clap: at mabilis din naubos yung stocks :devil: :lol: :rofl:

i am pretty sure you will enjoy your new smallish control center as well ;) 8)

cheers!!!
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Postby insyte » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 am

bass_nut wrote:thanks sir Insyte and sir Jack for chiming in to clear some queries as i am a newbie on headfi gears and associated softwares :clap:

@ sir Insyte... i send you mssg... will also update you soonest ;)

kindest regards,
fer

Thanks sir :)
insyte
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kenckn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:51 pm

bass_nut wrote:i agree brother Volt... mabilis nga :D :clap: at mabilis din naubos yung stocks :devil: :lol: :rofl:

i am pretty sure you will enjoy your new smallish control center as well ;) 8)

cheers!!!
fer

DocFer :D some pics of the circiut board of the Dock, I change all the caps 8)

kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bass_nut » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:46 pm

@ brother Ken...that was super fast !!! :y: :clap:

i will try my DIAMOND dc regulated ps to power up this ipod dock... will set potentiometer to output 12vdc regulated and see what this dock can deliver ;) 8)

@ brother Volt... i must listen to yout sonic T-amp :rock: :music: :y: :clap:

@ brother Insyte... will update you when AMXaudio/KINETIC has re-stocked ipod docks ;) 8)

cheers!!!
fer
bass_nut
Master
Master

Next

Return to Head-Fi