This is headphone madness!

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Re: This is headphone madness!

Postby ferds » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:42 am

dogears wrote:Hmn, Headphones Meet 2008 anyone? :P

sali ako dyan.. :wink: :D
ferds
Citizen
Citizen

Re: This is headphone madness!

Postby kenckn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 am

ferds wrote:

Ferds I thought ur very busy of new diy projects? :?
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kenckn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:30 am

Racio wrote:Thanks again Ken, cheers!

-Racio 8)

Sir Racio hows' your PX100? :wink:
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kogarashi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:12 am

Sorry a bit off-topic. Are the Sennheiser 414 pads locally available?
Kogarashi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kenckn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:32 pm

tongson wrote:Sorry a bit off-topic. Are the Sennheiser 414 pads locally available?

Try 2 order at pioneer service center along edsa south bound guad makati near loyala chapel, they also carry sennheiser pproducts.
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kogarashi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:28 pm

kenckn wrote:
tongson wrote:Sorry a bit off-topic. Are the Sennheiser 414 pads locally available?

Try 2 order at pioneer service center along edsa south bound guad makati near loyala chapel, they also carry sennheiser pproducts.

Thanks! :D
Kogarashi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Racio » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:21 pm

kenckn wrote:
Racio wrote:Thanks again Ken, cheers!

-Racio 8)

Sir Racio hows' your PX100? :wink:

Well, the Senns PX100s are swell cans. However, it doesn't seem to have the lower end extension I'm looking for. And I must say they sound really polite and dark sounding, it will never take your head off no matter what genre of music you listen to them with, recording nuances are still veiled somehow even with about 30-40 hours of breaking-in. But for the unfortunate few who feels uncomfortable with IEMs with long use, they're definitely a good alternative w/o breaking the piggy bank. hehe.

ferds wrote:

Ako rin sali, saling pusa ako. hehe :D
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:04 am

Racio, Welcome back Senor!

Ito baka motorcycle battery lang kailangan :twisted:

JackD201
Immortal

Postby rtsyrtsy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:09 am

Racio,

It seems there is a revival of sorts going around. For one, I saw the legendary Hyperion, alive and kicking, on another thread.

Si Prof JohnMarco na lang, nalalasahan ko na ulit yung barbeque from that place near Rene's and Mrs. Sogono's baking during one of our audio gatherings.

I must say, a big welcome back to you from the now sizzling Dubai (43 degrees centigrade and rising, soon, it'll be 50 degrees in the shade).

Keep posting!
rtsyrtsy

Postby Racio » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:23 am

onedown wrote:racio,

nice to see you here again!

hope all is well. :D

Likewise Jon, and yeah it's been a while indeed. Thanks buddy! :wink:

JackD201 wrote:Racio, Welcome back Senor!

Ito baka motorcycle battery lang kailangan :twisted:

Thanks sir Jack, but with 360,000 ohms I reckon I'd need a portable generator set in order to listen to those Stax! hehe.

And like I mentioned earlier, I can't seem to withstand extended use of IEMs, hence my crazy hunt for a full size HP. Considering my ears seem to swell up by merely using the stock iPod earbuds (they eventually feel like puss in my ear canal after sometime), what more with those SR003s, medieval inquisition-like torture comes to mind. :(

rtsyrtsy wrote:Racio,

It seems there is a revival of sorts going around. For one, I saw the legendary Hyperion, alive and kicking, on another thread.

Si Prof JohnMarco na lang, nalalasahan ko na ulit yung barbeque from that place near Rene's and Mrs. Sogono's baking during one of our audio gatherings.

I must say, a big welcome back to you from the now sizzling Dubai (43 degrees centigrade and rising, soon, it'll be 50 degrees in the shade).

Keep posting!

Thanks thanks Russ! Yeah, I sure do miss those good ol' get-togethers. And yes, another one is certainly long over due (I've lots of catching up with you guys, my 1st few posts here at WS after 2 years of hiatus would you believe. hehe). :D

-Racio 8)
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mandym » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 am

JackD201 wrote:Sir Moises,

Long time no see kami ni Tito MandyM. He offered to try and fix them for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

Jack

The offer still stands Jack! Too bad we forgot about it when I was at the Lair. I'll get it if ever I'm invited again to demo at the temple of the Holy Grail (I am almost done with a 12-inch Kamagong tonearm; doing it not for novelty alone but more for performance!). Or when you do find time to visit (in which case bring Kieth, friends and a large net if you still want one or two 12-inch Jaguars).

Mandy
mandym
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby paolos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Racio wrote:The best bang for the buck award of the night definitely goes down to the Philips SHP895 with full flying colors. At only a little over Php3k, you can't get a more premium hifi performance from such an able can. Excellent built with a detachable cable socket to boot, cable rolling is a cinch, not to mention the free HP stand that comes with it, sulit! :D

where are the philips shp895 available?
paolos
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kenckn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 pm

paolos wrote:where are the philips shp895 available?

Discontinue, but I think stil have some old stocks avail at the market.
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kogarashi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 pm

paolos wrote:
Racio wrote:The best bang for the buck award of the night definitely goes down to the Philips SHP895 with full flying colors. At only a little over Php3k, you can't get a more premium hifi performance from such an able can. Excellent built with a detachable cable socket to boot, cable rolling is a cinch, not to mention the free HP stand that comes with it, sulit! :D

where are the philips shp895 available?

BTW I saw a HP1000 at VirraMall. I think 4K.
Kogarashi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby kenckn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:50 pm

tongson wrote:BTW I saw a HP1000 at VirraMall. I think 4K.

U mean this:
good price 8)
kenckn
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Kogarashi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 pm

kenckn wrote:
tongson wrote:BTW I saw a HP1000 at VirraMall. I think 4K.

U mean this:
good price 8)

Exactly. Old stock, last pair selling at a discounted price. Wanted to buy it but the missus would not approve :D
Kogarashi
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Racio » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:22 am

Thanks in part to Ken, Moises and Ferds, I've not only dipped my foot in head-fi, I reckon I've gone a'swmmin'! :lol: Apart from taking delivery of my AT-ESW9 and Ferds Audio Mini3 (thanks a heap Ferds! :wink: ) two weeks ago, I took another plunge and grabbed an Alessandro MSPro and Victor-JVC HP-FX500 woody IEMs from Ken's "suki" in Mongkok last weekend (thanks again Ken! :wink: ). Adding to the fanfare, Todd Green's Millett Hybrid tube head amp arrived at my place while I was in HK! Ooooh boy, happy happy joy joy indeedy!!! :D

I got hold of the Victor IEMs to save the li'l missus from further embarrassment (people seem to stare at me whilst walking around HK with my A-Ts on :shock: ). But to my delight, they sound fantastic out of the box, and since they have a ported wooden chamber as oppose to the normal closed IEMs, aurally, they feel like open cans; lots of air, open, and the bass... whoah the bass is incredibly deep! :shock: I can actually still conduct a conversation without taking them off, really really cool (and quite unique) for an IEM. And they match real well sonically with Ferd’s warm sounding Mini3 I must say. Sweet!

Well, my gear is still going thru their respective burning in period so I can only offer so much listening impressions. However, I have to admit that I've been getting my doze eargazmic highs with the Millett-Alessandro. Todd mentioned to me over phone about the synergy I should expect from the MSPros (w/ TTVJ flat pads) and the Millett, and man oh man, I can attest that he can't be more absolutely accurate on that! The vocals on that combo is breathtaking, every heave of the tongue, clashing of the lips, ripples of the human breath... so... so natural... it's simply staggering.

'Till next time then. Cheers! 8)

P.S. It's already Thursday but I've only had about 10 hours total of sleep since Monday (do the math, hehe). Indeed, this is MADNESS!!!! :twisted:
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby onedown » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 am

hey racio,

looks like you're really enjoying the joys of headfi. three amps [you still have your consonance, right?], plus five phones [or even more?]. what more can i say? :D

try to get some sleep though, pal. :D
onedown
Master
Master

Postby iceman90a » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:07 am

back with a vengeance :lol:
iceman90a
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby dogears » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 am

Madness???!!! I can't get that STAX out of my mind?! Madness???!!!
:lol:
dogears
Master
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Head-Fi