This is headphone madness!

iPod, walkman, headphones, earphones, boomboxes, etc...

Moderator: dogears

Postby EsoTec » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:42 pm

dogears wrote:^hi esotec, kindly post your test tracks so we would know which genre are you listening these mighty cans with. TIA!

p.s. which amp are you using to drive the cans?


Using PC as source via Trends UD-10 to Stello DA-100 - Audience Au24 Digital coaxial, Audience Au24 IC to Beta22 (3-channel Active Ground Class A headphone amp).

Music mainly classical - Mahler Symphonies 2-9, Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique, Bruckner, Sibelius. Some Jazz - Patricia Barber (Nightclub, Verse, etc.), Josephine Cronholm (Hotel Paradise, Wild Garden), Sarah K. (Hell or High Water, Water Falls). :)
User avatar
EsoTec
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:47 am

Postby dogears » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:00 pm

^Hmn, DIY pala yang β22 :D
User avatar
dogears
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:58 pm
Location: Bago magSanPedroLaguna

Postby EsoTec » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:19 pm

dogears wrote:^Hmn, DIY pala yang β22 :D

Yup. :D Luto ni Ti Kan of amb.org, gawa ni Ferds. Ako casing lang he he.
Image

http://www.amb.org/audio/beta22/
User avatar
EsoTec
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:47 am

Postby bassman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 pm

EsoTec wrote:
dogears wrote:^Hmn, DIY pala yang β22 :D

Yup. :D Luto ni Ti Kan of amb.org, gawa ni Ferds. Ako casing lang he he.
Image

http://www.amb.org/audio/beta22/


Sir I'm just curious why did you choose to go with the 3-channel instead of balanced configuration?

Nice and neat amp!
bassman
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Postby EsoTec » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 am

bassman wrote:Sir I'm just curious why did you choose to go with the 3-channel instead of balanced configuration?

Nice and neat amp!


Well the simple answer is my source is not balanced and my headphones are not either. So to build a blalanced Beta22 which costs more to begin with, i would need to upgrade my source and cans. Did not make sense to me even with the prospect of better sound. No complaints with the current setup though, living up to the hype. By the way, kudoz to Ferds for the clean build, great effort and attention were devoted to making this happen. :)
User avatar
EsoTec
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:47 am

Postby donunus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:01 pm

??? my post went to the wrong thread ??? :shock:
User avatar
donunus
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Negros Oriental

Postby bassman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:16 pm

EsoTec wrote:
bassman wrote:Sir I'm just curious why did you choose to go with the 3-channel instead of balanced configuration?

Nice and neat amp!


Well the simple answer is my source is not balanced and my headphones are not either. So to build a blalanced Beta22 which costs more to begin with, i would need to upgrade my source and cans. Did not make sense to me even with the prospect of better sound. No complaints with the current setup though, living up to the hype. By the way, kudoz to Ferds for the clean build, great effort and attention were devoted to making this happen. :)


Thats better saka b22 is b22 mapa single ended or balanced config.

Nice set up sir!
bassman
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Postby Arnel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Naku mukhang konti na lang headphone addict na rin ako. MADNESS nga ito. haha.
Arnel
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Postby ronmtorres » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:50 am

Arnel wrote:Naku mukhang konti na lang headphone addict na rin ako. MADNESS nga ito. haha.


it's better to be a headphone addict rather a drug addict hehe!
ronmtorres
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am

Postby dogears » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:51 am

User avatar
dogears
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:58 pm
Location: Bago magSanPedroLaguna

Postby donunus » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:51 pm

How much in pesos is a single ended and balanced b22 setup? might be interested for my hd600s
User avatar
donunus
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Negros Oriental

Re:

Postby Racio » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 pm

donunus wrote:How much in pesos is a single ended and balanced b22 setup? might be interested for my hd600s


I believe either EsoTec or Ferds can better address your query donunus, I suggest sending them PMs. :)
User avatar
Racio
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:14 pm

Re: This is headphone madness!

Postby donunus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:18 am

Long term bump here, Ive heard you have gone mad and upgraded again Racio. LCDXC?
User avatar
donunus
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Negros Oriental

Re: This is headphone madness!

Postby dogears » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 am

paging racio :D
User avatar
dogears
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3971
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:58 pm
Location: Bago magSanPedroLaguna

Re: This is headphone madness!

Postby hshrader » Wed May 13, 2015 8:34 am

Parrot headphones rock.
hshrader
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Previous

Return to Head-Fi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest