ROBERT 'BOB'/WILMA COZART FINE = Mercury 'Living 'Presence'

Moderator: JackD201

ROBERT 'BOB'/WILMA COZART FINE = Mercury 'Living 'Presence'

Postby don » Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 pm

The biggest secret of Mercury Living Presence...
http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/mercury.html

time to get serious listening to our wife's,gf's comment/s regarding how our system sounds...
don
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:39 am

FANTASTIC!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Remus » Wed May 14, 2008 5:30 am

Yan may nagcomment na sa post mo, at si Hon. JackD pa.
Remus
Citizen
Citizen

Postby TheAnalogSource » Wed May 14, 2008 6:39 am

naku.... tataas na ang price ng mercury living presence.... buti na lang meron na ako..... me isa dyan namamakyaw ng mercury :wink:... hindi ako :twisted:
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby pican » Wed May 14, 2008 7:42 am

Very comprehensive website. I bookmarked it for further reading.

Pican
pican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Fourplay » Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 am

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. :D
Fourplay
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby don » Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am

Sana naman huwag tumaas price ng mga yan, para affordable pa rin sa mga dugyut na gaya ko :wink: .
Actually,para ngang mahirap na maenjoy ang hobby na ito kung lalong tumataas ang mga bps.
Sa mga sellers, be kind to our kind :)

Idol Sir Remus inspired me to post this link, he made kwento to me about the tandems of Mr/Mrs Fine behind Mercury 'Living Presence' during some techno geek conversations. The curiousity just got into me and just had to google it.

Just want to share it and in one way, recognizing their immense contributions why we are enjoying this analog hobby.

don
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Jon Agner » Wed May 14, 2008 10:25 am

This is the reason why even the re-issues are comparable (or sometimes better) to the original issues. 50 years later, it's still the same engineer that did the mastering for the re-issues :wink: :D
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby TheAnalogSource » Sat May 17, 2008 11:41 am

don wrote:Sana naman huwag tumaas price ng mga yan, para affordable pa rin sa mga dugyut na gaya ko :wink: .
Actually,para ngang mahirap na maenjoy ang hobby na ito kung lalong tumataas ang mga bps.
Sa mga sellers, be kind to our kind :)

Idol Sir Remus inspired me to post this link, he made kwento to me about the tandems of Mr/Mrs Fine behind Mercury 'Living Presence' during some techno geek conversations. The curiousity just got into me and just had to google it.

Just want to share it and in one way, recognizing their immense contributions why we are enjoying this analog hobby.

don, dont you worry about escalating price of these gems.....

fortunately or unfortunately, there are only a few who appreciate these titles except for a few popular ones like the 1812, four seasons, some bethovens and mozarts, etc.

as a matter of fact, this is one of the reason why i have a few of these treasures as they have survived the ravages of sharks who devour mostly on the jazz, new wave, and pop genre :lol: :lol: :lol:

moving along on the more popular titles....here is my 2000lps worth of experience :shock: :shock: :shock:

in most pre-1970's, it is very seldom finding good recordings base on our modern standard. Thus, we rely more on the guaranteed labels such as the 6-eyes, dots, mercury stereo etc. I have made a reseach in a batch of 200 old lps wherein it yields only less than 10lps of better recordings.

with the newer titles including fusions, new wave, 80's dance and pop, it is now the reverse as most recordings are good. However, there are also exceptional ones thus we look for clair marlo, beverly craven, the hunter, etc.

anyways, as we have discussed about it before, it is because you like to music that makes you buy the lps whatever it cost. :D
kawawa lang bulsa if what you happen to like are what everyone else wants too :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheAnalogSource
Where beautiful music begins

Postby audiostar » Sat May 17, 2008 11:45 am

WOW :!: Thanks for sharing don :)
audiostar

Location: audio nirvana st., speakers corner ave. music city, mars

Postby don » Sat May 17, 2008 9:04 pm

thanks ...
that site is loaded with other audio info & related links...for your further readings...
:)
don
Citizen
Citizen

Return to Technical Archives