Endeavor Audio E-3: Making Waves

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Endeavor Audio E-3: Making Waves

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:05 pm

The E3 voted as part of the top 5 speakers in it's price bracket the recently concluded AXPONA Show in Chicago

From The Absolute Sound's Spencer Holbert

Endeavor Audio E3

You might not know Endeavor Audio, but you should. The E3 floorstanders ($6995/pr) are perfect for the all-around music lover, and excel at general reproduction without being confined to any particular genre. The E3s produce a surprisingly wide and deep soundstage, and sacrifice little in terms of imaging. The low end was a little overloaded at times, but the tiny rooms were to blame; I have the E3s in my home system right now and boominess isn’t a problem. The front end and electronics definitely helped, though they were way out of my price category: YFS Ref-3 music server ($15.5k), EMMLabs DAC2x ($15.5k), Constellation Virgo II preamp ($25k), and Constellation Centaur amp ($27k).

From TAS/PTA Scott Hull

I came in mid-afternoon on Thursday, dropped my bags and popped open my laptop and promptly had a half-dozen day-job related calls. During that time, I heard Chris Jones’ “No Sanctuary Here” — the one with the thunderous bass — 528 times. It might have been 530, now that I think about it.

Naturally, I stomped across. I might have dropped the f-bomb a few times. But Mal was absolutely right. It’s not because I was angry. Far from it. That room sounded fan-freakin-tastic. Leif complained that dialing in the bass was a little problematic (a trend I heard repeatedly, and not happily, from many other setup vets). I told him I knew exactly where it was — in my room. He laughed and asked me when in the morning that it was okay to crank the system, and sure enough, when the appointed hour arrived, he blasted me right out of bed and into my day. And yes, it was that same damn Chris Jones track. Smug bastard.

Anyway, I think this speaker is stupid-good.

Doug Schroeder of DAGOGO

Endeavor Audio Engineering made a good showing with its E-3 Loudspeaker, which was made much easier by partnering with Constellation Virgo/Centaur combination and the Your Final System HD Ref-3 Music Server and EMM Labs DAC2X. The E-3 is one of a new crop of speakers which are performing exceptionally well.

Stereophile's Jason Victor Serinus

You should have seen the sad sack look on the faces of Your Final System's Kevin O'Brien and Endeavor Audio Engineering's Leif Swanson when I told them I was trying to restrict my coverage to new product introductions. "We were handicapped by a bad cable and bad USB input when you covered us at the California Audio Show last year," Kevin complained.
"Give me one reason to stay here and I'll turn around," said I, turning to the door. Just like that, on comes a version of the Carmen Fantasie, with wonderful, smooth sound, engagingly neutral tonalities, and none of that overripe tube lushness or artificial solid-state sweetness that, albeit seductive, I have yet to hear in a single live unamplified performance. Even if I had a hard heart, which I don't, I would have melted at the sound.
JackD201
Immortal

Re: Endeavor Audio E-3: Making Waves

Postby JackD201 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:27 pm

After another award of top 5 rooms at Munich from AVSShowrooms ……..

More from The Absolute Sound

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/article ... er/?page=2

The flagship E-5, will be unveiled at RMAF next week. Stay tuned!

E-5 shown on the left beside the E-3

JackD201
Immortal

Postby dimfer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:39 am

Uncle Jack, should I get the E5 or the Vr55 8) ?
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Hard to say bro, I've heard neither. The 55 Aktive will better suit the TrodTs, the M2.2s can be used for both. That would make me lean towards the 55s. Medjo pogi itong E-5 eh. Parang baby VR-100 XS. Mga 5'7" or 5'8" when spiked up. Balita ko the new Beryllium tweeters lumalaban sa ribbons. The tweeters are found on both E5 and VR-55.

Gusto ko nga magorder ng puti na E5, solid party speakers ang Endeavor. Hire ko na lang yung bouncer na may flashlight sa Cornetos commercial :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow, speakers are getting more and more gigantic by the year. :D Ayaw yata magpatalo sa 'height' ng Maggie ko ang E-5. :lol: Congrats for bagging the line, Jack. :rock:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Yung champ dito Phil yung presyo. Wham Bam full range for the price of a mid-sized hi-end floorstander. Super value!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:24 pm

JackD201 wrote:Yung champ dito Phil yung presyo. Wham Bam full range for the price of a mid-sized hi-end floorstander. Super value!

:rock: :rock: :rock:
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby keith » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:15 am

ganda niyan in Sepang Bronze :o
keith
walastick

Postby JackD201 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Laking dagdag sa presyo nun!