Moderators: JackD201, keith

VR-100xs

Postby JoeyGS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am

JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: VR-100xs

Postby dafos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:01 pm

That's only half of it. Separate woofer tower cabinet not shown.
dafos
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:12 pm

It will be launched at Axpona, Chicago next month. Their room will feature YFS' server, Ed Meittner's latest DAC, KR Audio Kronzilla SX amplification for the mids and highs, custom CIAudio Hypex amps for Bass and Subs, racks and filters from Critical Mass Systems and cabling from Delphi Masterbuilt. :rock:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dafos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Jack, Isn't this the speaker you were thinking of upgrading to? Or is one on the way here? ;)
dafos
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Albert and a few of his dealers, including us, that have had extensive experience setting up and listening to the reference and statement models have been kicking around this idea for a while. Alberts says he got the idea of using the same driver material throughout from me. Actually I vividly remember that he came up with the idea himself during a conversation we had two years ago. What I did do was ask him to consider building a statement loudspeaker that would actually fit in the rooms of reviewers. :D :D :D

The 11 is 7ft 4"s tall and takes at least 6 men to put together. We bugged him for a 6 footer, single piece tower with the option of having matching subs. The subwoofer arrangement is rather interesting. It's pretty much proven that having two subs is better than one but that four subs is the most optimal as far as even bass response goes. Especially if the room is not purpose designed and built. In this case you could get away with two. What's interesting is that the main towers already go so low, you don't need two subs in front so the two subs go out back.

So we did have a lot of input on this model. It isn't coming to these shores just yet though........there is another..........:wasntme: :x :x :x :x :x
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dafos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm

:P :inlove: Happy Valentine!
dafos
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Mike Anderson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 am

JackD201 wrote:Albert and a few of his dealers, including us, that have had extensive experience setting up and listening to the reference and statement models have been kicking around this idea for a while. Alberts says he got the idea of using the same driver material throughout from me. Actually I vividly remember that he came up with the idea himself during a conversation we had two years ago. What I did do was ask him to consider building a statement loudspeaker that would actually fit in the rooms of reviewers. :D :D :D

The 11 is 7ft 4"s tall and takes at least 6 men to put together. We bugged him for a 6 footer, single piece tower with the option of having matching subs. The subwoofer arrangement is rather interesting. It's pretty much proven that having two subs is better than one but that four subs is the most optimal as far as even bass response goes. Especially if the room is not purpose designed and built. In this case you could get away with two. What's interesting is that the main towers already go so low, you don't need two subs in front so the two subs go out back.

So we did have a lot of input on this model. It isn't coming to these shores just yet though........there is another..........:wasntme: :x :x :x :x :x

Hi Jack,
I just realized I live about 20 minutes from the VSA factory. I don't think I'll be able to afford the uber expensive speakers they carry, but I'm eyeing the VR 33 for my next upgrade. Are they pretty cool about listening appointments?
Mike
Mike Anderson
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Mike,

Yes they are. They are very accommodating. I know them personally since they've been here to Manila to do some major upgrades for us. They're a lot of fun to be around, once they start working however they are like whirling dervishes only hyper focused. Just call to make an appointment and I'm sure they will take care of you. Check out the smaller VR-22 as well. Lots of buzz about the smallest VRs. :)
JackD201
Immortal

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<