Virtue Amplifiers

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Virtue Amplifiers

Postby JackD201 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I've been following the somewhat meteoric rise of Virtue Audio. These guys have been getting rave reviews and have sidelined the likes of Sonic Impact. As is the case with very affordable products, especially those powered with wall warts, the DIY underground in the US has started making all sorts of power supplies from tube regulated supplies to battery powered supplies. By affordable I mean a Virtue One would set one back only about P12,500 and the Virtue Two packed with extra goodies like Auricaps and the like about P17,500. They push out a respectable 55wpc in stereo when powered by a 30v/130w supply.

I've been eyeing Virtue since my tukayo Jack Bornstein a fellow VR-9 and Unifield 3 owner mentioned how good this little amps that are about the size of a Coke can sounded driving the Unifield 3s aka Bulilit. Kind of of funny hooking up a P12,500 amp to $15,000 speakers. Raves coming from a guy who normally uses Dartzeel and ASR Emitter 2 amps. Tukayo has high standards. Anyway my intention is to use Virtue Twos for the whole whose music systems anchored on AA's Sonos distributed boxes running on a network with a G5 Octa-Core central server. Have Andrew or Mang Rod build some tube reg PS and it's time to Rach and Rollins! :D :D :D

So why am I posting it here in the VSA corner when we have zero intentions of bringing these little guys in?

Well, as it turns out one of Virtue's principal designers went on a long quest for speakers that could help him identify changes in the Virtue's sounds. Changes like use of different hook up wires etc. etc.

He ended up with Von Schweikerts.

:rock:

Now if only these darned things aren't sold out all the time!

PS they will be coming out with a new integrated. I think it is dedicated to detubo because the chosen name is SENSATION and the extended warranty program will be called EXTRA SERVICE. :D :D :D :D Just kidding!!!!!!!!
JackD201
Immortal

Re: Virtue Amplifiers

Postby Superman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:34 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :tmi: :tmi: :tmi:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby JoeyGS » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:46 pm

I have been following up the Virtues for a while and have been itching to get one. I am a follower of the Sonic Impact Tamp and currently have a souped up wherein I got 2 tamps modded in one case for bi-amping. Power supply is a rechargeable SLA battery. Am happy with the Tamps driving high sensitivity speakers but with the 55wpc of the Virtues this is very nice. I bet this can very well drive the VR1.....hmmmm.....something to think about.
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bagets » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:33 am

JoeyGS wrote:I have been following up the Virtues for a while and have been itching to get one. I am a follower of the Sonic Impact Tamp and currently have a souped up wherein I got 2 tamps modded in one case for bi-amping. Power supply is a rechargeable SLA battery. Am happy with the Tamps driving high sensitivity speakers but with the 55wpc of the Virtues this is very nice. I bet this can very well drive the VR1.....hmmmm.....something to think about.

Virtue One and Two still available at Trio Audio (TA) in Singapore. Here's an update from Poon of TA:

"Both the Virtue One and Two are available.
The Virtue One is SGD 450 and Virtue Two is SGD 650. This price is for standard power supply.
Upgrade to 30v/130w power supply will cost additional SGD180."

Just sharing this... :)
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Bagets » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi all, got the Virtue Ones this week and I can only say that they perform exactly as "advertised". Warm, detailed and really HUGE sounding for such a diminutive amp. I'd like to thank Manong Jack for making us aware of this giant killer. Here's more- http://www.stereomojo.com/Virtue%20One%20Amplifier%20review/VirtueOneAmplfierreview.htm
Now if only I can afford Von Schweikerts,,,then I know they will truly rock.

P.S. Please excuse the bad cellphone camera photo, they look better "in person".
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 pm

A HAH! Hey Joey, did you read the review? The reviewer uses the same speakers as you do :devil:

Bagets, VR-1s are rare birds as the owners usually hang on to them but once in a blue moon, one shows up. The next best thing is an LSA1. They aren't exactly alike but share a lot in common particularly Von Schweikert DNA. Folks are often polarized between one or the other. Oh and they aren't as expensive as most people think. They just sound expensive ;)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Bagets » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:00 pm

JackD201 wrote:A HAH! Hey Joey, did you read the review? The reviewer uses the same speakers as you do :devil:

Bagets, VR-1s are rare birds as the owners usually hang on to them but once in a blue moon, one shows up. The next best thing is an LSA1. They aren't exactly alike but share a lot in common particularly Von Schweikert DNA. Folks are often polarized between one or the other. Oh and they aren't as expensive as most people think. They just sound expensive ;)

Thanks for the kind comments Manong Jack. I'm using the Virtue One with distant poor cousins of the LSA speakers-- KEF 104aB. Pretty old but still in good working condition, especially the T-27 tweeters (Thanks again sir Novblue). The Virtues make them really sing. Also trying out the same later with Omega 8Rs (courtesy of sir Tonyboy).

Thanks again Cong. Jack for the heads up on the Virtues. I know I have some Von Schweikerts in my future. :) :) :)
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Bagets » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Just sharing my new baby Virtue TWO amp in "Black Velvet" . Couldn't resist the itch friends (you know what I mean), so had to try TWO after ONE. It delivers everything advertised, 40 wpc of glorious Tripath magic in a size just slightly bigger than a 300B tube.

http://www.stereotimes.com/RMAF2008e.shtml
http://www.overclock.net/hi-fi-gear/519269-virtue-audio-virtue-two-impressions.html

Will share my own impressions on this amp as soon as I get over the drooling and enjoyment of the beautiful music I hear.
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ojof00l » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:50 am

Bagets wrote:Image

Just sharing my new baby Virtue TWO amp in "Black Velvet" . Couldn't resist the itch friends (you know what I mean), so had to try TWO after ONE. It delivers everything advertised, 40 wpc of glorious Tripath magic in a size just slightly bigger than a 300B tube.

http://www.stereotimes.com/RMAF2008e.shtml
http://www.overclock.net/hi-fi-gear/519269-virtue-audio-virtue-two-impressions.html

Will share my own impressions on this amp as soon as I get over the drooling and enjoyment of the beautiful music I hear.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71115.0
black is indeed beautiful
:) (kala ko kambal ni obami, yun pala kinambio mo kay Ofrah :D
chill out klasmeyt! have an iceblock :tmi: 8)
- Killer Class-D monoblock based on the ICEpower ASP500 module.
- 500 Watts into 4 ohms
- 115dBA dynamic range
- Damping factor over 1000
- Big, powerful, masculine bass (if you know what we mean)
- Built in power supply 120V or 240V
- Custom balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA inputs, selectable
- Buffered RCA loop out
- Accurate and analytical
- Same form factor as Sensation amp and Piano CD player

or >>> 3 for the road! :^)
- Want to buy two amps to run as monoblocks? Don't.
- Buy a THREE. Completely dual mono amp with a special power connector that allows you to hook up 2 power supplies.
- Separate power routing to left and right channels.
- Can be run on 1 or 2 power supplies. Switching from 1 supply to 2 is internal and automatic
- Good, solid 130 wpc into 4 ohms.
- This unit can supply so much power we put 2 heatsinks on it and it sits on its side.
Hell on wheels in the same small box.
- Same great upgrades as the ONE.2 and the TWO.2 but with dual mono capability
- Tellurium copper binding posts and RCA connectors
ojof00l
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Naku Jack I only saw this today......Oo nga eh and even when they designed the amps they were using the VRs as their test speakers (tama ba?)

Will you be bringing this babies here? :rofl: Sana I can audition a Two before I plunge in.

JackD201 wrote:A HAH! Hey Joey, did you read the review? The reviewer uses the same speakers as you do :devil:

JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Partner masmura kung galing SG kaysa ipasok namin o kaya factory direct from to friends in the states. Kasya sa shoebox pero tunog malaki raw :rock:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Bagets » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 pm

ojof00l wrote:

Brader Ojof00l, padinig naman Virtue monoblock setup mo.
How are they with your ribbon planar speakers? http://www.bgcorp.com/planarmagnetic.htmlOk din ba with the Infinity? Can't wait to give you a visit soon to hear them live. Dalhin ko rin yung TWO aka Ofrah with the upgraded PSU para ma-testing natin.

@sir JoeyGS, you're welcome to check them out before taking the plunge. :)
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for the tip :)

JackD201 wrote:Partner masmura kung galing SG kaysa ipasok namin o kaya factory direct from to friends in the states. Kasya sa shoebox pero tunog malaki raw :rock:
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JoeyGS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 am

Wow bagets....thanks for the offer. Where are you located?

Bagets wrote:
ojof00l wrote:

How are they with your ribbon planar speakers? http://www.bgcorp.com/planarmagnetic.htmlOk din ba with the Infinity? Can't wait to give you a visit soon to hear them live. Dalhin ko rin yung TWO aka Ofrah with the upgraded PSU para ma-testing natin.

JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bagets » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 am

JoeyGS wrote:Wow bagets....thanks for the offer. Where are you located?

Bagets wrote:
ojof00l wrote:

I'm in Mandaluyong. But think it's best to sked something with brader OjofOOl as well, para madinig mo rin Virtue One monoblock setup with his beauiful ribbon planars. Will pm you details as soon as I get in touch with him. :) :) :)
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:20 am

okidoks...thanks

Was just wandering how it will actually sound with my VR-1 ;)

Bagets wrote:
I'm in Mandaluyong. But think it's best to sked something with brader OjofOOl as well, para madinig mo rin Virtue One monoblock setup with his beauiful ribbon planars. Will pm you details as soon as I get in touch with him. :) :) :)
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bagets » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:29 am

[quote="JoeyGS"]okidoks...thanks

Was just wandering how it will actually sound with my VR-1 ;)

You can bring your VR-1s, try out natin sa Mandaluyong or Ojof00l's place :)
Last edited by Bagets on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bagets
Citizen
Citizen

Postby ojof00l » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 am

@bagets & joeygs - how are both of your ribbon tweetweets? 8)

@joeygs, hurry! sir bagets might shift gears to "tersera 3", or chill-out with an iceblock 8)
Last edited by ojof00l on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ojof00l
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JoeyGS » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:35 am

Sige sched natin....hope i can make it :)
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ojof00l » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

Bagets wrote:
ojof00l wrote:http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71115.0

bro.bagets, dalhin ko na lang sa inyo mga "ate V1" amps :D
(not "ondoy-friendly" ang lungga ko)

infinity primus160 provide the much needed bass/lf for the "keanu" NEO-matrix diy
its paralleled with the neo's. kayang-kaya idrive whatever impedance ang dala nila hehehe
tweetweets not shown below :D
meet dagul and obami >
ojof00l
Citizen
Citizen

Next

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<