Ambience Speaker System

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Postby jadis » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Getting tempted on a Sunday does not sound too good eh? But getting tempted with a ribbon speaker is another thing. :lol: It's actually good. And it feels good, as most temptations are. :lol: So what's the problem? Having 2 kids who are still in high school who do not have educational plans, that's what. :lol:

My personal bias for planars and ribbons have stuck with me for 11 years running. And listening to another modern day design planar ribbon/hyrbid is something I look forward to.

Though not yet fully broken-in, these pair played up to my expectations. Open, detailed, fast, and lucid, with tremendously crisp transients on plucked instruments. I can't imagine how they will sound like when broken-in.

Thanks again to the dynamic duo for the session.
Last edited by jadis on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jadis
Legend
Legend

Postby Le_Stat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:09 pm

these i have to listen to one of these days keith.
Le_Stat
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Voltraizer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Great sounding ribbon/planar you got there, JackD and Keith :!: congrats!
thanks for allowing us to listen to your audio set-up :D:
the food were delicious......

Le_Stat wrote:these i have to listen to one of these days keith.

kelangan talaga mapakingan mo!!!
:D :D :D Magic :!:
Voltraizer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:31 pm

The Ambience room is running silent now :cry:

All the Townshend DCT300 Interconnects were commandeered by Steve Armstrong and was brought to the Secret Lair :lol:

Buti na lang tinago ko yung isang DCT300 and a pair of Townshend Maxwire speaker cables. I have a booming hangover now and am chilling out with 300B soul. There's a special synergy with the Townshend cables and ribbons. Well maybe because they're speakers all use ribbons. The Townshends cables have brought my baby system (LSA1 Statement, ASL 300B Integrated, Arcam CD92) to a new level of midrange air. Takenote midrange AIR. The bloom is still there but it's like you can feel the movement of air from the movements of the performers. Eery.

They didn't agree with the VSAs as much though. The Verbatims still sounded more coherent.
JackD201
Immortal

Previous

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<