LSA Models and Prices

Moderators: JackD201, keith

LSA Models and Prices

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Superceded thread for prices see the anouncement section :)

What is Active Tube Load Circuitry? The circuitry that made waves when Master Tucker invented it for these esoteric babies..... :twisted: It isn't very often that a new circuit comes along. The circuit is currently undergoing patent application.

http://www.exemplaraudio.com/exception.htm

http://www.exemplaraudio.com/exultation.htm



UPDATED NOV.7, 2009
Last edited by JackD201 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:33 pm

In reply to a query via PM

The portion of the active load under patent application is according to them how they specifically married the active loading with their proprietary shunt system (or something like that) as opposed to the more popular active load methods. I wish I knew more about circuit design. Maybe I'll study it. I don't even know what a shunt is :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Patent application is in the U.S. Patent Office.

Notice that it isn't a Trademark application. They will probably name it something high-tech sounding and not the generic term "Active Tube Load Circuitry" they are using now if they get the patent approved :lol:

In addition, portions of the circuit but not the whole thing were made available as kits for driver sections from Bottlehead more than 5 years ago also by John Tucker/Exemplar.
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby vintage_dog » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 pm

when are the LSA standard/signature amps coming?

am helping out a friend set-up a non-tube system :)

what speakers would you pair them with?
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 am

Hi VD,

They'll all be here by the 25th and should clear customs a couple of days later.

Power wise these should handle even hungry stats and ribbons as they're rated to double up from 150 into 8ohms until 600 into 2 ohms and supposedly 800 into 1ohm. The choice of 6922s should also help tailor the sound to match even bright speakers. Incidentally we will be giving away a choice of either JJ Tesla or EH 6922s to replace the stock chinese tubes for free.

Now you know why I've cornered bugle boys, mullards and siemens cca's for myself :twisted:

Going by what they've gone to CES and Rocky Mountain with, they have displayed with their own LSA speakers (2006,2007) and before that Von Schweikert's VR-4jr Mk.1 with which the amps were voiced (2005)

I can imagine them matching well with most modern "slim" speakers of low to medium sensitivity except maybe those that tend to have over pronounced mid bass humps. i'll have to set them up with the 92dB sensitivity SRs and 94dB VR-5s to see just how quiet they run. For an extreme test I may try them with Keith's DB-99s. Shhhhhhh. Don't tell him. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:24 am

Oo nga pala VD.

2 of the 3 Standards are reserved na so may isa pa from his batch, only 1 Signature was ordered and is available, while the Statement model with matching Statement tower is sold already :)
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:34 am

hi jack, can you do a 'soft reservation' on an LSA Standard amp and LSA2 tower. :wink:

does the standard come with a built-in MM phonostage?

let's discuss sunday...
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby JackD201 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Okay VD softly reserved :)

Yes all LSA integrateds come with built in MM phonostages. See you Sunday.
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 am

the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

please reserve a pair LSA2 towers too... :wink:
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby JackD201 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:51 am

More LSA2 towers and Amps have been ordered VD :D
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Postby John Martin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 am

vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

please reserve a pair LSA2 towers too... :wink:


I could just imagine.... :roll: The LSA amps and VR4jr are top class...
User avatar
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:29 pm

Postby vintage_dog » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:18 am

John Martin wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

please reserve a pair LSA2 towers too... :wink:


I could just imagine.... :roll: The LSA amps and VR4jr are top class...


since you're just in the neighborhood, feel free to dropby one of these days. :wink:
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby zenaudio » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:24 am

vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

VD,
This I've got to hear. :wink:
User avatar
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:34 pm

Postby John Martin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:07 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
John Martin wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

please reserve a pair LSA2 towers too... :wink:


I could just imagine.... :roll: The LSA amps and VR4jr are top class...


since you're just in the neighborhood, feel free to dropby one of these days. :wink:


Thanks Francis. Lets sched it.
User avatar
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:29 pm

Postby vintage_dog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:28 am

John Martin wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:
John Martin wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

please reserve a pair LSA2 towers too... :wink:


I could just imagine.... :roll: The LSA amps and VR4jr are top class...


since you're just in the neighborhood, feel free to dropby one of these days. :wink:


Thanks Francis. Lets sched it.


hey john, if you're free this pm, do drop by around 4pm. my cel 0917-621-5056
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby conspicuous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:33 am

zenaudio wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

VD,
This I've got to hear. :wink:


yes, i think we are due for a listening session :wink: :D

calling shuddles88! :)
User avatar
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: San Pedro, Laguna

Postby vintage_dog » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:55 pm

conspicuous wrote:
zenaudio wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

VD,
This I've got to hear. :wink:


yes, i think we are due for a listening session :wink: :D

calling shuddles88! :)


game...just let me know when. :)
User avatar
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: south of town

Postby zenaudio » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:52 pm

vintage_dog wrote:
conspicuous wrote:
zenaudio wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

VD,
This I've got to hear. :wink:


yes, i think we are due for a listening session :wink: :D

calling shuddles88! :)


game...just let me know when. :)

Conspicuous,
How about a round of golf with shuddles88, then we go to VD's for the eating, I mean, listening session? :wink: :)
User avatar
zenaudio
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:34 pm

Postby conspicuous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:12 pm

zenaudio wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:
conspicuous wrote:
zenaudio wrote:
vintage_dog wrote:the LSA standard amp + VR4jr mII combo simply

ROCKS!

:D 8)

VD,
This I've got to hear. :wink:


yes, i think we are due for a listening session :wink: :D

calling shuddles88! :)


game...just let me know when. :)

Conspicuous,
How about a round of golf with shuddles88, then we go to VD's for the eating, I mean, listening session? :wink: :)


sounds good! maybe on a saturday afternoon at the alabang country club where shuddles88 is a member :?: :)
User avatar
conspicuous
Fanatic
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2257
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: San Pedro, Laguna

Re: LSA Models and Prices

Postby JackD201 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:20 pm

UPDATED
User avatar
JackD201
Immortal
 
Posts: 10024
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Bozania

Re: LSA Models and Prices

Postby insomnia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:43 am

Hi Jackd201,

I'm looking for a pair of BS speakers and read about the LSA statement speakers. Can you PM me their current price in pesos? Thanks.


Regards,

Jun C.
User avatar
insomnia
Citizen
Citizen
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Next

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron