Introducing the LSA Group

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Introducing the LSA Group

Postby JackD201 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:28 am

The Cat is out of the bag folks. Stellar reviews are beginning to surface. You guys can say we acted quick.

LSA group stands for Larry Staples Audio Group. LSA has a range of loudspeakers and a range of tube hybrid amps that may look familiar. They were the babies from DK Design from Daniel Khasen, and bought out. DK Design amps started making serious waves in the press then hit cult status when Exemplar's John Tucker began performing SERIOUS modifications. What did good ole' Larry do? John Tucker is now LSA's Vice President of Engineering :twisted:

These are 6922 tube and Mosfet hybrid integrated amplifiers. (Okay using 6922/Mosfet Lamm Hybrids have left serious impressions on us :twisted:) that do 150 into 8 and 300 into 4. They have pre-outs and 4 inputs one of which is a MM phonostage :twisted:

Tube rolling is highly recommended by LSA ;)

So how much for a tweak to taste high grade 6922 preamp, Power house SS dual mono poweramp with massive torroids and a phonostage in one big, solid, macho package? $3,200. NO TYPOS. That's right. Less than P150k.

How about the loudspeakers? Hmmm look familiar don't they? Sound familiar too? You might mistake them for curvacious VSA's (Von Schweikert Audios) and in as far as the LSA1's are concerned you would be exactly right! Albert Von Schweikert designed them for LSA. We promised you a replacement for the VR-1 at the same price. Well, this is as close as it gets. :lol:

Rear ambient tweeter on the LSA2 ($2500) . Hmmm. :D

I have been corresponding with LSA's President Brian Warford and he is a truly a man of music he is even a member of and Assistant Conductor for the Nashville Symphony Choir. (Check out the fantastic CD of NSC's Grammy nominated Missa Solemnis)

These guys are true music lovers and the products are simple and elegant but by all accounts capable of delivering extreme performance at very reasonable prices.

These are products for people that need quality music. These are even more perfect for those that don't want to sacrifice a lot of real estate and do not want to deal with the mess separates create. Most perfect for guys who have wives to appease :lol:

This is a teaser. Stay tuned! We have made the first order. Some models like the $8,000 ribbon tweetered LSA2 Statement are not even on the website yet.
JackD201
Immortal

Re: Introducing the LSA Group

Postby pigdog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 pm

responding to this 3 year old post, i happened to have bought myself a used DK MarkII hybrid amp last christmas, and perhaps one of the best deals i have ever had in recent years,
paid USD1300 (used ones go for usd1800-2000 in audiogon) for the amp and it is now sitting in my studio making beautiful music. and yes tube rolling is highly recommended. i am currently using a pair of National union 6922s
and after further research, i found these rather musical tubes to be made by matshushita in the late 60s. i loved the minimal design of the amp, no further need for a preamp and for source, i hooked it up with a squeezbox along with a pair of voce divinas. the amp is heavy at almost 80lbs and very well made, even the remote control is well built. not bad for a product built in china
pigdog
Master
Master

Postby skeesix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 am

Still dreaming for a pair of LSA 1s to go with my LSA 2s. Auditioned those babies for a couple of days and was truly impressed till Keith upped the ante by telling me to get the LSA 2s ;) Audio is really a work in progress. Never ending search for audio nirvana. :) :) :)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby qguy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:15 am

HT purposes ?

skeesix wrote:Still dreaming for a pair of LSA 1s to go with my LSA 2s.
qguy
Master
Master

Postby skeesix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:25 pm

qguy wrote:HT purposes ?

skeesix wrote:Still dreaming for a pair of LSA 1s to go with my LSA 2s.

Not really. Will use with other amps ;)
skeesix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby poolshark » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi JackD,

Sent you a PM several days agao regarding the LSA1 speakers. Hope you can reply soonest. Thanks.
poolshark
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Poolshark,

Sorry, all the christmas parties had me running around a bit. Are you interested in auditioning the LSA1 Standard ($1,000) or the LSA1 Statement ($2,600)? I can arrange a simple demo using the LSA hybrid integrated at the old lair.

Jack
JackD201
Immortal

Postby poolshark » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Jack. Yes, I'm interested to try out both. Isn't the LSA1 Signature available for audition as well?

Thanks.
poolshark
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Poolshark,

After our evaluation, we felt that the signature was too close in performance to the LSA 1 standard to justify the price difference. So we stuck to the Standard and the Statement which embody the better price vs. performance ratios. :) The story was different with the LSA 2 Signature Tower which had slightly tighter and more controlled bass than the LSA 2 Standard Tower. However, it was priced in VR-4jr and VR-33 territory and the VRs were superior by a wide margin. The Signatures are more of bridge models so we don't carry them anymore.

Jack
JackD201
Immortal

Postby poolshark » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks, Are both models currently available?
poolshark
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Yup, never been out of their boxes :) It's okay though. LSAs need only about 50hrs break in and sound good already out of the box. They just get better.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby poolshark » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 am

OK let's schedule an audition, preferably after Xmas when there's no more traffic.

Please PM me your cell #. Thanks.
poolshark
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Ok :)
JackD201
Immortal

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<