Moderators: JackD201, keith

Postby manilaman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:27 am

Aha! when can this be auditioned! aber? :roll:
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby keith » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:05 am

Derick,

The lair has been transformed of late to a VR-5 and all Lamm setup. The pre LL2 was installed just last week after doing some duty with my Sun Audio and DB-99s.

Just schedule with the good cong when you want to drop by. Hilain mo na rin si kukang ;-)
keith
walastick

Postby manilaman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 am

keith wrote:Derick,

The lair has been transformed of late to a VR-5 and all Lamm setup. The pre LL2 was installed just last week after doing some duty with my Sun Audio and DB-99s.

Just schedule with the good cong when you want to drop by. Hilain mo na rin si kukang ;-)

Will do that. I'm sure Kuk's reading this posting, and will call me for teh schedule. Thank you.
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby vintage_dog » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:45 am

manilaman wrote:

Will do that. I'm sure Kuk's reading this posting, and will call me for teh schedule. Thank you.

sabit ako dyan....kailangan ko mapakinggan at sunduin yung LP ko kay cong :lol:
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby manilaman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:06 am

vintage_dog wrote:
manilaman wrote:

sabit ako dyan....kailangan ko mapakinggan at sunduin yung LP ko kay cong :lol:

cong, Keith, VD, Kuk's.....kelan?
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:34 pm

Closest sched is Wed 9:00 pm then Saturday time to be determined by Sinar. :)

Wed's cast......Dante, Bogart, Hyperion and maybe JC.

That gives me time to listen to VD's LP 36 more times :twisted:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby manilaman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:43 pm

JackD201 wrote:Closest sched is Wed 9:00 pm then Saturday time to be determined by Sinar. :)

Then it seems VD has to set this sched. :roll:
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby sinar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:40 pm

JackD201 wrote:Closest sched is Wed 9:00 pm then Saturday time to be determined by Sinar. :)

naks naman jack :lol: i'm free anytime after 2pm next saturday.
sinar
Citizen
Citizen

Postby manilaman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm ok with after 2pm next saturday; sino pa?
1. sinar
2. MM
manilaman
Citizen
Citizen

Postby keith » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:37 am

Hope you guys have fun. I'll be doing some fatherly duties watching a play with my daughter. Hopefully I can try and catch after, but looks unlikely. :cry:
keith
walastick

Postby setup2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:06 am

Jack and Keith,

Thanks for allowing me to visit the lair... Great evening and fantastic sounds... and special thanks for keeping the wine flowing... :D

Best Regards,
Joel

P.S. If any picture of me embracing this or that comes out... that's not me... :twisted:
setup2
Citizen
Citizen

Postby dante » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:57 pm

Hey Jack and Keith! Thanks for the LAMMazing time last night! Great company, great wine, and great music. If I have to describe the sound of money... those LAMMs would have to be my main presentation tool! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SaLAMMat!
dante
cool dude

Postby Bogart » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:47 am

Jack and Keith,

Thank you for another great evening at the LAIR. It's always good to hang around with people who know good music and sound!!
:):):)
Bogart
Citizen
Citizen

Postby joe3rp » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:40 am

Jack and Keith,

Thanks for the great session (s)

Listening in the main room! Your room!

Listening to Keith's SET room! More my type Hi-Eff VS, according to Keith the wives room!

The wine drinking session!

And the DJ-JACK session-what a set-up! Galing mo pa rin magmix!

I guess it is unanimous, your "dream dealership/business" and 2-self contained listening "lair" is the envy of all who were there ....Detubo, SETUP2, Hansen, Epoy, Dante...

Salamat ULI!
joe3rp
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby keith » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:43 am

Great having all of you guys over. Sorry I had to leave. Work the next day and the nature of my job has to have me focused. So no 2 - 3 am mornings for me anymore. :-( As it is, the flowing wine was too much to resist. Good thing I had no hangover. :-D

Mr. setup2, I will be waiting for that single RCA monoplate 2A3 from you :lol:
keith
walastick

Postby JackD201 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:09 pm

This is what I love about WS....

The company and the alchohol :lol:

Tuesday Club mainstay Gerry K aka Bomalabs got a look at the WEDNESDAY club that does 98% kuwentuhan and 2% listening.

What a wild mix! 4 dealers from 3 companies, One Bozanian Lawyer, 3 SET/DIY local heroes. We can also say 7 belt driven and 1 idler. 7 wine lovers 1 beer lover and 1 non-drinker. 7 vinyl addicts 1 digital addict and 1 total addict. 1 appalachian cowboy with an MRT card and.....hmmmm...how would we categorize everybody else? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, we had a rip roaring good time as always despite Joey's suggestion that I dress like Hugh Heffner next time. (Payag ako Joey but you have to supply the triplets!)

The Lair was designed with fun in mind and not (picture a stern professor in a white lab coat and a scowl) audiophile insanity. Although the big room system has been tweaked to the best of my ability and the SET room to Keith's both with some help from friends as well, as I told setup2 the objective is to really let the system(s) get out of the way. Now with Setup2's wealth of hilarious kuwentos i believe even a freight train's horn would get out of the way. :lol:

You guys are always welcome whether for serious listening or to just hang out.

Until next time.............. :twisted:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Hyperion » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:09 pm

As usual, a perfect mix of drinks, cheetos, music and laughter. SaLAMMat indeed Jack!

Pasensya ka na when I could not resist turning up the volume for U2's With Or Without You ... akala ko nasa bahay ako eh. Kasalanan ng wine yun! :D

The revelation of the night though is your DJ mixing skill. Bow kami ... dapat JackDJ201 na handle mo dude. :D

Btw ... I suspect the LAMMs as excellent as they are, might even be better if plugged straight to the wall sans line conditioners / power filters. Have you tried em that way?
Hyperion

salamat na marami

Postby bomalabs » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 pm

it was great to have met old friends and meet new ones. loved that evening.
and yes, there was this paparazzi incident that i noticed...

mabuhay po kayo!
bomalabs
Citizen
Citizen

Postby JackD201 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Hyperion wrote:As usual, a perfect mix of drinks, cheetos, music and laughter. SaLAMMat indeed Jack!

Pasensya ka na when I could not resist turning up the volume for U2's With Or Without You ... akala ko nasa bahay ako eh. Kasalanan ng wine yun! :D

The revelation of the night though is your DJ mixing skill. Bow kami ... dapat JackDJ201 na handle mo dude. :D

Btw ... I suspect the LAMMs as excellent as they are, might even be better if plugged straight to the wall sans line conditioners / power filters. Have you tried em that way?

When I transfer they will have their own 20A lines each. Until then.........medjo glorified octopus plug muna tayo :lol:

I have to admit that yes good as they are I get hinayang as well. I know that the potential of the system has yet to be unlocked. Unfortunately practical architectural constraints are the main stumbling block. As for the outlets, it's just that when I designed the Lair I didn't foresee monoblocks in my future. Hindi pa kasi No.1 ang kapuso noon eh :lol:

I can't wait for "The Lair Strikes Back" where the VR-5s will be spaced about 10 feet apart with lotsa room to breathe. :D
JackD201
Immortal

Postby detubo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:23 am

thanks again guys. i didn't have to use my mrt card that night since joey drove me home. i hope to have you guys over my place next time.
detubo
Master
Master

Next

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<