Bozanian Picture Gallery

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Postby randybarba » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:43 pm

JackD201 wrote:
Man, I can't sleep. That bomb really got to me.

We heard it all the way from BF. I thought it was just a large firecracker at the palengke outside the village. I even told my wife jokingly na granada. I didn't know I was that close. My sympathies to the victims' families. Hope the perpetrators choke and die or are at least brought to justice :x
randybarba
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:49 pm

keith wrote:Steve Armstrong's DB-99 SE

Hayop si bastos jr.
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby dimfer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 pm

I've listened to a six footer (you might be referring to something else) driven by VTL Reference line recently, sana makarinig naman ako ng VR-9 sometime in the near future.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby John Martin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:53 am

Just wondering why the VR4Jr's at the HF show had two Mid/Tweeter inputs? One in the lower cabinet and one in the upper cabinet when it was designed to be bi-wired.

The verbatim signature functioned as a long jumper cable connecting the lower cabinet to the upper cabinet. Why didn't you guys do a shotgun configuration?
John Martin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 am

The Vr-4 only has one M/T input and that is on the head. The two on the bass unit are for convenience. The upper for the bass the lower to accommodate a biwire set if that is the cable you happened to have (keep jumper plates on)

Anyway, don't bother with the triple set of posts muna, there are many ways to wire up VR-4jrs and up. Suffice it to say that the best way is one pair of SCs directly to the top posts and the second pair of cables to the upper of the two lower posts. I'll do it for you when you get yours :twisted: Unless you have Verbatims ofcourse in which case none of this really matters.

To shotgun using the two lower post would require using the data link cable to jump the signal to the M/T unit. There will be a loss in transparency.

Verbatim cables are something else entirely in the world of wire and cables Bro. They are the unobtanium and something I will never sell. Their conductive properties give these cables no sound signature. We've tried two runs vs. the jumper set and just as the designer said, there was no difference. He told me to go jumperinstead of two pairs to save me 750 dollars. Nice guy :D Hope he gets well soon :(

These cables are made from the 6-nines continuous cast transformer windings of U.S. Navy radar arrays and inserted by hand into a braided sheild.

Too bad they are out of production.
JackD201
Immortal

Re: Bozanian Picture Gallery

Postby dimfer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:53 pm

here's a review of the VR5 Anniversary ---> Positive Feedback
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:41 pm

thanks for that Ding.

So do you agree with him on his comments? :^)
keith
walastick

Postby dimfer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 pm

keith wrote:thanks for that Ding.

So do you agree with him on his comments? :^)

Keith, a resounding yes. I did not reply to the question right away because I want to be fully convinced myself that I really like what I am hearing. I think my gears are finally fully burned in and I am liking what I am hearing very much. From the beginning, the midrange is exceptional, but I was finding the highs a little bit edgy and the bass lacking the slam of the Accentus that it replaced in my main system. But as I put in more hours, and with the tube upgrades on the Lamms, I would say that my system sounds much better now. What prompted me to reply to this question now ? I was listening to Ray Loves Company cd rather loud at 10 pm (it's Friday, my wife lets me get away with it) and the realism of Ray Charles' and Michael MacDonald's voice singing "Hey Girl" caught my attention. I wasn't listening critically as I was surfing the net at the same time, but the depth, scale and texture of their voice was so realistic I actually had to look up (to check if they were actually there - bola na ito).

I recently hosted a group of 4 friendly local audiophiles - 3 own Sonus Faber and 1 own a Martin Logan. Before the session, we met at the place of the ring leader where we listened to his system and had me quite worried for a while because it sounded so good (SF floor standers, fronted by Oracle Delphi) and the main topic was how bad cd players sound. When they got to my place, they forgot about audio for a while (as usual - to look at my aquarium) but when they recovered, they analysed the sound of my system like I never imagined. One is crowling on the floor, peeking on the vent opening, another seating up and down in what I thought was the sweet spot, the other two were listening semi kneeling on the floor about 5 feet back. I'd been to a few listening sessions and had not seen anything like it. They switched places, played it loud, played it low. An hour later, the owner of the system we listened to earlier said "definitely has better mids and highs than my system, and before they left made a comment "probably one of the best sounding demo system in town". He named a few more expensive speakers that he thinks doesn't sound as good as the VR5 Anniv. And I think the NPMP changed their opinion about digital, everytime I switch from MBL to NPMP, they would always confirm the NPMP sounds better. They also concluded that the VR5 sounds better farfield and the sweet spot is about 5 inches higher and about 5 feet behind my designated sweet spot. Airier there, they said.

Well, I hope to wake up one day to find out that the VR5 has the slam and the visceral bass capability of the VR9 - but I wouldn't mind living with these speakers for a very long time. Even the Lamms, and my other stuff. I sometimes listen for 8 hours straight, loving it.
dimfer
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby keith » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks for posting Ding! My system has been on for 3 hours now while I was away and am about to listen for maybe two to three hours before meeting up with Jack tonight. Great to hear your system is turning heads so to speak.

Warmest regards.

Keith
keith
walastick

Postby JoeyGS » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Hey Jack, you need to update this thread with your latest set-up.
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby JackD201 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Perhaps tomorrow :) I'm cooking a full spread for the clan now. I'm posting from the kitchen :D :D :D
JackD201
Immortal

Previous

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<