Puresound Trading (formerly Psitrad Inc): Who we are

Moderators: JackD201, keith

Puresound Trading (formerly Psitrad Inc): Who we are

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 1:40 am

Also known as the VSA Boys: We, Keith Roy, silent partner Richie Diaz, and myself, Jack Duavit, are the official distributors of Von Schweikert Audio, LAMM Industries, LSA Group and Critical Mass Systems in the Philippines. We are second generation audiophiles. Keith's father a stage, television and Famas award winning director was a true afficionado. During the golden age he had one of the astounding private collections. A lover of the arts, he would sit Keith on his lap and translate entire operas. He was the audio equivalent of a director's commentary found on DVDs today. He also knew his classic, now vintage, gear so well that he could do any repairs himself. His sister, a music major and pianist was similarly inclined musically if not technically. Richie's father is one of the walking encyclopedias of music and possesses what may well be the largest private CD and SACD collections in the country. He knows the content of each as well as his Law books. Richie's mother is likewise musically trained, a soprano soloist during her free time.

How did all this start? This happened by some strange twist of fate. After remodeling what was to become the VSA Lair, my transplanted system came way short of my new requirements. I went through 3 brands, dynamic and planar. After canvassing what was available locally none could fit or satisfy me. I eventually went in search of products abroad that could satisfy my needs. My requirements were as follows:

1. Wide Bandwidth - my musical tastes run from classical to electronica. Being a classical junkie meant I needed true full range sound. I needed something that went down into the 20s.

2. Wide Dispersion and Excellent off axis behavior - because I intended to do all my entertaining there, I needed speakers that would energize the whole room and not beam into a narrow sweetspot. This pointed to high order crossovers.

3. Quality - I was looking for speakers with very high quality parts. I still believe that the whole is more important that the sum of its parts.

4. Matching Design Philosophy - Here I looked for biographies of known speaker designers and their body of work. Being a trained recording and audio post production engineer before politics, I had a very clear idea of what my system should be capable of doing. Knowing what a raw mic feed sounds like vis-a-vis the real thing, I knew that I needed transparency. So I set out looking for the designers who had in- depth exposure on the production side as well.

Three companies fit the description, and Albert Von Schweikert's designed loudspeakers were 2 of them. I then decided on Albert Von Schweikert's own company knowing that he saved the very best for himself and his price performance ratio was much better.

I eventually contacted VSA's former dealer (before their old factory was hit by a flood which caused their closure for a few years) if he could indent order a pair of VR-4 Gen. III Hovland Special Editions. Left hanging for three months, I decided to contact VSA himself. VSA agreed to sell me the speakers and shoulder freight and insurance. When they arrived, Keith said he liked them so much that he wanted to order a pair of VR-4jrs. This eventually brought about the idea of our re-launching Von Schweikert Audio in the Philippines. And the vehicle to be used, PureSound Trading, Inc.

LAMM Industries followed soon after, as we looked for electronics to match the premium line of Von Schweikert Audio. With LAMM, no introduction was really necessary as they have been hailed worldwide as having produced excellent products for years.

The LSA Group was a move by us to target the sudden discontinuance of the Von Schweikert Audio retail line. Since the LSA Group uses the same design principles as VSA, we opted to bring in their models to fill in the void left by the affordable VSA retail line. Killing two birds with one stone, we also get to distribute LSA's affordable and highly rated electronics. LSA Group was also perfect for us, as we get to target audiophiles looking for a no hassle/plug-and-play system. One can just connect his/her front end and speakers to LSA’s integrated amplifiers, and voila, a simple set up with no compromise to sound quality.

Critical Mass Systems was a by-product of constant communication with the people at LAMM Industries. Due to the partnership of LAMM and Critical Mass Systems over the last couple of CES shows, we decided to bring in Critical Mass Systems and see what everyone was raving about. At the end of the day, we were pleasantly surprised at how well they work.

The beauty of it all is that we have forged real friendships with our clients. It is because of this that we strive to give the best possible service and LONG TERM satisfaction. We believe that the process of building any system should be as unique as the fingerprint of its owner. Hence we always begin with a casual listening session and a short needs analysis interview. Home auditions follow. Our after sales service likewise extends beyond installation, set-up and warranty. We always make ourselves available for system evaluation, tweaking and consultation after the break in period, should the client wish it.

We are also the only distributor we know off that will store your crates and packing materials for you should you wish to sell your products later on. Free of Charge. This translates easily to an additional 10% on the resale value of your speakers.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby dante » Tue May 09, 2006 11:38 am

Hear, hear!!! Congratulations on the renaming (or is it restructuring?) of your company Jack, Keith, and Richie! As one very satisfied customer and friend of the "Boys", it is my pleasure to confirm each and every client support detail of this post. I don't think there are too many members of the House who make "House Calls" and mass loads your speakers for you personally!
So, meron pa bang Montes Alpha, pare? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dante
cool dude

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:47 am

Marami pa! :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby KD » Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 pm

When I grow up, I will own a pair of Von Schweikert speakers.
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby Superman » Tue May 09, 2006 12:07 pm

KD wrote:When I grow up, I will own a pair of Von Schweikert speakers.

ako din, idol ko si KD eh! :wink:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue May 09, 2006 12:08 pm

Ako rin. :o I want 'em Voltes V legs. :shock:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 12:08 pm

:wink:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue May 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Curious lang.....

How did the name "Psitrad" come about :?:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby KD » Tue May 09, 2006 1:00 pm

Pilipino Sonic Insanity TRADing siguro
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:33 pm

It was our old company that we used for trading Cement in the good ol' days kaya PSI or Per Square Inch. The measure for concrete strength. ;)
We just changed the name and tweaked the by-laws to add different aspects of future available services.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Superman » Tue May 09, 2006 3:36 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, your honor! :wink:
Superman
Master Showman

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue May 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Purchase a pair of VR-9s from the VSA boys, and you get a free bag of Type 5 Cement. 8)
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Thanks Jen :)

MSM two bags kung may kagalit ka :lol:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jon Agner » Tue May 09, 2006 6:21 pm

JackD201 wrote:It was our old company that we used for trading Cement in the good ol' days kaya PSI or Per Square Inch. The measure for concrete strength. ;)
We just changed the name and tweaked the by-laws to add different aspects of future available services.

Di kaya cement ang laman ng mga VR speakers kaya maganda tumunog :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding aside, it's a good company name... with the VRs, it's Per Square Inch of good sound
:wink:

Kelan ko kaya maririnig 'yan :roll:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:57 pm

Jon, order na kami ng DB-99 SE para sa iyo. 2a3 like never before. Hehehe ;)

JackD201
Immortal

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:59 pm

For MSM daw Voltes V legs!

VR-9 SE Signature

Last edited by JackD201 on Tue May 09, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackD201
Immortal

Postby JackD201 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:06 pm

For Jadis, a return to Giant Size Super System loudspeakers :twisted:

The VR-11 XTC

JackD201
Immortal

Postby keith » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:50 pm

updated 1st post ...
keith
walastick

Return to >> Von Schweikert, Lamm, LSA/DK Design, CMS <<