What sounds like an Sl6si

by popular demand! MsM's very own forum to moderate... :-)

Moderator: m_shoe_maker

What sounds like an Sl6si

Postby qguy » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 am

Hi MSM, can you recommend a newish bookshelf that has the same characteristics as the the sl 6si (imaging, laid back and sweet highs)

Although getting a used Sl6si is still possible (yes I did have one before, traded it, now regreted it..hahaha), I am just a bit hesitant due to the numerous woofer / surround problems that I see posted on the net

Thanks
qguy
Master
Master

Postby m_shoe_maker » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi qguy, how about a........................ SL600si. :twisted:

Pretty much the same as that 6 series sound. :) At first you may think that the mid bass to lower bass is somewhat less, but you will then realize that its just a bit faster, a bit cleaner, and a bit more articulate than the 6 series. :wink: Some say its less "musical". :roll: Some say, its just less "bloated" and "loose" as compared to the 6. :roll: Well, a lot associate "malambot" bass being musical I guess. :D I think the difference in bass is attributed to the Aerolam enclosure. :)

But yes, the 600 is similar to the 6 in terms of that "laid back" and dark sounding character. :)

As to other brands, I have not yet owned any other speaker that has that "bat cave" type of sound. :roll:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby JackD201 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:35 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:As to other brands, I have not yet owned any other speaker that has that "bat cave" type of sound. :roll:

Did I hear "Bat Cave"? :roll: :)
JackD201
Immortal

Postby jadis » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:26 am

JackD201 wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:As to other brands, I have not yet owned any other speaker that has that "bat cave" type of sound. :roll:

Did I hear "Bat Cave"? :roll: :)

yes......when i had the SL600 and the SL600Si, the expression then was it was 'tunog kuweba', and that was actually a 'good trait', specially for those who liked a deep and 'laid back' soundstage (as opposed to 'frontal/in your face' soundstaging). :)
jadis
Legend
Legend

Return to Dr. MsM's clinic