ok, y a vpi i/o ca 4 ur tt?

by popular demand! MsM's very own forum to moderate... :-)

Moderator: m_shoe_maker

ok, y a vpi i/o ca 4 ur tt?

Postby vintage_dog » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:10 pm

:D
vintage_dog
Administrator
Administrator

Postby handyboy » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:32 pm

be careful with your answer MSM....i think thats a trick question...a wrong answer might end your stint as a moderator.:-) lol
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby JackD201 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:07 am

Puwede ba Multiple Choice?

a) Bigger is Better!
b) Once you go black, you never go back!
c) Chicks dig long wands!
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:38 am

Ban ihatejazz, and I will speak. :D
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby m_shoe_maker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:03 pm

Ok, IMHO, both VPI and Clearaudio are good brands (sipsip kay ihatejazz :lol: - more discounts :!: :D ). It all boils down to personal taste (yeah, that's what they all say... :lol: ) as the 2 brands differ in sound (sige nga, prove it.... measure it...... :twisted: ), and most importantly (to me 8) ), looks / porma. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can say both are good TTs, as I have personally owned middle of the range models from both brands already. 8) Naks, ang yabang (siyempre, Master na eh. :lol: ).

As a lot of you guys and gals know, I initially owned a CA Solution / TQI arm, then shifted to a chop-chop VPI TNT / JMW arm. :)

I sold my CA mainly because there was an oppurtunity for me to own a TNT (even though it was a chop chop :lol: ).

Why I like the TNT so much :?: I don't want to discuss about the sound, and all that subjective audiophile ek ek (typical MSM :twisted: ). :lol:

You have to know MSM to understand why he buys this and that. :wink: I like oldish stuff. :wink: When I say "oldish", its not those really vintage stuff during the "Hi-Fi" era / dawn of stereo. :wink: In "Oldish", I mean mid 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. :wink: I think you get the picture...... Yes, its the era when "Hi-Fi" was not enough, and a new elite was forming - the "Hi-End". 8)

I go back to my overused phrase "Gold Standards". I prefer Gold Standard equipment. 8) The stuff that made a big mark / turning point in the audiophile market. 8)

IMHO, one such product was the TNT. :) Upon seing it for the first time on audiofool magazines during the late 80s, I said to myself "Pagtanda ko, bibili ako nyan". 8) During its time, it was weird, used weird materials - definitely ahead of its time. :)

MSM wants products with pedigree, bragging rights, and most of all porma. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Just goes to show how insecure MSM is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby handyboy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:10 pm

m_shoe_maker wrote:Ok, IMHO, both VPI and Clearaudio are good brands (sipsip kay ihatejazz :lol: - more discounts :!: :D ). It all boils down to personal taste (yeah, that's what they all say... :lol: ) as the 2 brands differ in sound (sige nga, prove it.... measure it...... :twisted: ), and most importantly (to me 8) ), looks / porma. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can say both are good TTs, as I have personally owned middle of the range models from both brands already. 8) Naks, ang yabang (siyempre, Master na eh. :lol: ).

As a lot of you guys and gals know, I initially owned a CA Solution / TQI arm, then shifted to a chop-chop VPI TNT / JMW arm. :)

I sold my CA mainly because there was an oppurtunity for me to own a TNT (even though it was a chop chop :lol: ).

Why I like the TNT so much :?: I don't want to discuss about the sound, and all that subjective audiophile ek ek (typical MSM :twisted: ). :lol:

You have to know MSM to understand why he buys this and that. :wink: I like oldish stuff. :wink: When I say "oldish", its not those really vintage stuff during the "Hi-Fi" era / dawn of stereo. :wink: In "Oldish", I mean mid 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. :wink: I think you get the picture...... Yes, its the era when "Hi-Fi" was not enough, and a new elite was forming - the "Hi-End". 8)

I go back to my overused phrase "Gold Standards". I prefer Gold Standard equipment. 8) The stuff that made a big mark / turning point in the audiophile market. 8)

IMHO, one such product was the TNT. :) Upon seing it for the first time on audiofool magazines during the late 80s, I said to myself "Pagtanda ko, bibili ako nyan". 8) During its time, it was weird, used weird materials - definitely ahead of its time. :)

MSM wants products with pedigree, bragging rights, and most of all porma. :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: Just goes to show how insecure MSM is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well said!
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby ihatejazz » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:36 pm

gambyl wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote:Ok, IMHO, both VPI and Clearaudio are good brands (sipsip kay ihatejazz :lol: - more discounts :!: :D ). It all boils down to personal taste (yeah, that's what they all say... :lol: ) as the 2 brands differ in sound (sige nga, prove it.... measure it...... :twisted: ), and most importantly (to me 8) ), looks / porma. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well said!
- SIPSIP kay Dr. MSM! But........look at BREAKING NEWS thread!
ihatejazz
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby handyboy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:23 pm

gambyl wrote:
m_shoe_maker wrote: Just goes to show how insecure MSM is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well said!

thats what i meant! :lol:
handyboy
Pound for Pound

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:06 pm

I now pose the question to Benny...... :twisted:

Ano nga pa sa palagay mo ang mas mahusay :?:

You have done the VPI / Clearaudio round-about more often than me......

From a TNT "chop-chop", to Champ Level "3", to HRX, to Max Sol........ tapos na ba talaga....... :?: :?: :?:

Benny, what say you :?: :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby JackD201 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Hindi pa iyan tapos Fritzie. May 700 lb. CA Statement pa eh.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 pm

JackD201 wrote:Hindi pa iyan tapos Fritzie. May 700 lb. CA Statement pa eh.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

...... or the "Special Edition", all aluminum plinth HRX (as oposed to the acrylic / aluminum / acrylic plinth of the commercially available HRX). :twisted: :twisted:
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby JackD201 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:27 am

JackD201
Immortal

Postby m_shoe_maker » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:20 pm

An article about "Special Edition" HRX....... :roll:

Scroll down to see the first Class A turntable on the list. :)

http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Tables.html
m_shoe_maker
Idol

Return to Dr. MsM's clinic