Cuba!

by popular demand! MsM's very own forum to moderate... :-)

Moderator: m_shoe_maker

Cuba!

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Heto sounds ni Fidel Castro. :)

Buena Vista Social Club 8) 8) 8)

m_shoe_maker
Idol

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 pm

mamahal na 'yan. isa-isa na silang nawawala
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby KD » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:05 pm

Magaganda rin chicks doon diba?
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby KD » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Yaisell Hernández, Miss Cuba 2004
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby Jon Agner » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:10 pm

Daisy Fuentes :twisted:
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby KD » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Vida Guerra (b. Havana Cuba, 1980)
KD
Legend
Legend

Postby zetroce » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:56 am

Masarap daw ang Cuban Cigar na ni-rolyo sa hita ng dalaga!!! :lol:

Hindi pala dalaga ang gumagawa, hahaha.

Myth 3. The finest cigars are rolled on the thighs of sultry mulatto women
This is perhaps the most beautiful and the most widespread of all the cigar myths. Despite the legend, cigar rolling was traditionally a man’s work. Rolling a cigar to the proper degree of tightness requires very strong wrists, which few women have. In Cuba, rolling was always done by men, and the first woman roller to work at the La Africana factory only started at the end of the 18th century. But apart from this, rolling requires a firm, even surface, and the thighs of a shapely mulatto woman have a completely different configuration.

The originator of this myth is thought to be Prosper Merimee. When he began writing Carmen, Merimee travelled to Spain to learn more about the Spanish and their way of life. Being a handsome and imposing man, Merimee began an affair with a young Spanish girl. At the time, in the 19th century, Spain was a deeply religious country, and severe punishments could be meted out for attachments out of wedlock, so the lovers were forced to hide their affections. Merimee rented a small flat for assignations with his ladylove, and they would arrive there at different times and depart at different times. Extreme caution had to be shown, since the handsome Frenchman was the cynosure of all eyes.

Merimee spent many hours in the tiny little room waiting for his inamorata to arrive and for an opportunity to leave after her departure. This would not have been a problem – the hours of waiting were well worth it for the time spent in amorous dalliance with the passionate Spanish girl – had Merimee not been an ardent smoker. He loved cigars and usually bought them every day. But spending so much time in the secret room, he was unable to supplement his stock. A solution to the problem was found by the resourceful Spanish girl. She bought tobacco leaves and, resting on the bed after their heated lovemaking, she would roll cigars for the tired Merimee on her thighs. This was a task at which she proved to be very talented – and the cigars were simply magnificent. Merimee would smoke a cigar that had just been rolled, and then be ready once more for the labours of love...

This experience made such an impression on the writer that when he returned to Paris, he told all his friends about it. A few weeks later, it was the talk of the town that the finest cigars were those rolled on the beautiful bare thighs of sultry mulatto women. And it wasn’t long before all reference to Merimee and his amorous adventures in Spain had been completely forgotten. But the myth remained.

Nevertheless, another practice at the cigar factories has only served to encourage this myth. One of the sections at the factory, called the despala, is the place where the main stem of the tobacco leaf is ripped out. At the base of the leaf, these stems can reach a thickness of several millimetres and under no circumstance may they be allowed to get into the cigar filler tobacco: the stem would prevent proper drawing and spoil the taste.

As a rule it is women, called despalilladores, who work here. They straighten out the tobacco leaf on their knees and with one quick movement rip out the stem. Hence, perhaps, the myth that the cigars are rolled on the bare thighs of the women. But, sorry to say, they do not roll the cigars, but only tear out the stem. Nor do they do it on their bare thighs, since the tobacco leaves would absorb the sweat and do nothing to improve the aroma of the future cigar.

The incident with Merimee must be considered an exception – a cigar, rolled on the thighs of the woman, he had just made love to, would for him have been an especially pleasant experience.
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby troporobo » Mon May 01, 2006 9:49 pm

zetroce - fantastic!! where did you find that explanation? I knew it was a myth must never knew where it came from. I'm guessing you're a cigar aficionado. As an occasssional one myself, I believe I recognize the symptoms . . .
troporobo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby zetroce » Mon May 01, 2006 10:02 pm

troporobo wrote:zetroce - fantastic!! where did you find that explanation? I knew it was a myth must never knew where it came from. I'm guessing you're a cigar aficionado. As an occasssional one myself, I believe I recognize the symptoms . . .

Hi Robert,

I'm not really a cigar aficionado. I can only smoke cigarettes. :lol:

I got it from this website:

http://www.cigarclan.com/articles/2004/1/03/

Hope you enjoy readng it.

Thanks.

Dong
zetroce
Master
Master

Postby m_shoe_maker » Fri May 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Hybrid :!: