Audiophile Grade CD-R's

Music as represented in 1's and 0's. Discuss anything pertaining to D hardware - CD, DVD, SACD, DAC, etc.

Postby Mamimili » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:34 pm

My vote goes to TDK XA80 CDR Digital Audio :D
Odyssey used to stock but now i order (Alabang by National Bookstore). I order in lots of 10 and typically they call me within 15 days for pick up.

My guess is 5 years without any problem and the discs look as new.
I cannot say this for any other CDR, but i have not tried black discs.
I burn at 1x speed.
Mamimili
Master
Master

Postby JackD201 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:37 pm

arnoldc wrote:i use Imation black CDR, never fails me. the software i use is NTI CD & DVD Maker.

Saan ka bumibili bro?
JackD201
Immortal

Postby Jon Agner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:44 pm

JackD201 wrote:
arnoldc wrote:i use Imation black CDR, never fails me. the software i use is NTI CD & DVD Maker.

Saan ka bumibili bro?

Meron pa ba niyan? 'though I was able to get a few generic black CDRs 2 years ago, It's not the same as the Imation Black CDR.
Jon Agner
Legend
Legend

Postby JoeyGS » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:18 am

Try the Melody black cd-r with the vinyl look alike. Available at brochiere computer shop outlets or in greenhills. Made a back-up copy of a Diana Krall cd and sounded better than the original.

Regards,
JoeyGS
JoeyGS
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ProtegeManiac » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:26 am

Ive experimented on black data-side discs myself, unfortunately the 2 brands i bought last year, Melody and I think TDK, both encountered errors while burning. I havent figured out whether these discs sound better but I definitely know that my Pioneer DVD-RW doesn't like them for some reason :evil:

Ive been using Sony and TDK "Music" CD-R's, no errors, no skips, and unlike "regular" data CD-Rs that ive used before have not developed skips (possibly invisible scratches? I cannot see any on te data side) during playback. at less than P50 per disc Id say it's cost-effective.
ProtegeManiac
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Audiophile Grade CD-R's

Postby bitoye » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 am

Has anyone used mobile fidelity's CD-R? Just browsed thru my random cd-r collection and medyo madami na scratch sa likod. Mobile Fidelity has a lifetime assurance with their product as per Music Direct's website. Aside from getting high grade cd-r's any tips how to maintain them for years without any scratches and degrading audio quality ? I do have a lot of CD-R's aside from my original cd's. Wouldn't mind investing some money in maintaining them.
bitoye
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Gino » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Most of my cds and dvds are in good condition after years of storage. Those that delaminated were the cheap dvds I bought from Cinema Square of years past. Also some cdrs from the early 90s. From then on, CD King era, the cds have been better. I have not seen a deteriorated cdr or dvdr since that time.

I will venture to say that humidity and temperature has much to do with deterioration. Keep your cds in an airtight plastic container with a few bags of desiccant. Keep the box in a cool dry place.
Gino
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arnoldc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 am

All my CDs are crap. Sony, TDK, Imation, Memorex, CD-R King, name it! Black, white, ROYGVIB! They are not as sturdy as vinyls as we all know. Even a few of my originals, which were not abused (used a copy for gulpihan) now skips after 5 years of storage.
arnoldc
Legend
Legend

Postby bitoye » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks Gino. There's actually these retail outlet I see, the one that sells Japanese made home items , Daizen i think. You guys may wanna check it out, they do have boxes and storage accessories for cd's and dvd's. I guess regardless of cd-r brand or black/white color of the disc it's the storage and care applied to the collection that eventually counts.
bitoye
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Octaver » Sat May 29, 2010 1:50 pm

arnoldc wrote:All my CDs are crap. Sony, TDK, Imation, Memorex, CD-R King, name it! Black, white, ROYGVIB! They are not as sturdy as vinyls as we all know. Even a few of my originals, which were not abused (used a copy for gulpihan) now skips after 5 years of storage.

Arnold it might be your player problem :D I have CDR Audio after 12 years they are still the same...................crap :rofl: But at least no skipping.
Octaver
Citizen
Citizen

Postby jhelenz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:59 pm

saan pa ba puede makabili ng audiophile grade na cdr?how much?
jhelenz

Previous

Return to Digital